Limelight Forums

Full Version: Staff Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: limelightannouncement.png]

Hey community,

It's been a long time now since we've last ran a wave of staff feedback and we believe that now would be a good time to gather a new wave of feedback to collect more accurate opinions.

You can find the link to the staff review form by clicking here.

Please be constructive with your responses, as this will help us to take the comments provided more seriously. It would be even more helpful if you could provide specific examples of any incidents or situations you bring up in your comments so it's easy for us to address that with the staff member in question - the more facts you have on a situation the better. We won't be asking for names or any other identifable information as this allows for us to conduct the feedback wave amongst everyone on the staff team, management included. The form will ask you to sign in to Google, but we aren't collecting the emails used. This is just to make sure that we don't have duplicate responses coming in.

The questions are relatively basic as last time there wasn't much engagement, however they allow you expand if you'd like to.

We'll run this form for two weeks which should allow for the wide majority of people to get their responses in. If you've got any questions about this, please speak to me or ‍. Thanks all.
Done. enjoy the review chaps!
Done!
Done.
Aaaand sorted! All feedback has now been distributed, so I feel like I should probably do an overview post of sorts to cover how well I think this went.

So how do I think it went? Well, it was okay. I'm a little disappointed because despite having asked for constructive comments, with specific examples too, very few comments were constructive, with only two comments (seemingly written by the same person) actually mentioning specific situations. This doesn't help when I'm trying to distribute feedback and trying to understand what happened for someone to receive a comment like that, but then the situation isn't mentioned so it just turns into a guessing game between me and the member of staff.

Overall, the form received a total of 21 responses.

Sadly, not everyone who submitted the form submitted a response on each member of staff which made the amount of comments each staff member received fairly uneven which is disappointing. This could be for a number of reasons, perhaps the form was too long, the person didn't have (or didn't want to spend) too much time, the member of staff isn't active enough for them to form an opinion or maybe they've just not interacted with that member of staff enough. It's disappointing to see but I guess it is what it is, it would have been extremely nice to have seen everyone who submitted the form leaving constructive comments on each member of staff, maybe for next time round eh?

There was (obviously) a few comments that weren't helpful at all, some to the extent where they had to be filtered out on distribution to the relevant member of staff. Please don't mistake the factor of anonymity here to be used in your favour to harass or insult other members of staff. You're welcome to provide your opinion, in fact we more than encourage you to do so (either by official waves of staff feedback as conducted here, or informally to myself or Overlewd), but there's a line. These comments don't help us, nor will they be received by the relevant member of staff thus making them pointless.

For those who did provide their honest, serious opinions on our staff members, thank you. I write this now having left DM's with each member of staff with the provided feedback, plus my opinion on the feedback points raised to them in hopes that this will help us to improve staff quality.

We'll aim to conduct another wave of staff feedback in the next 6 months or so or whenever it's felt best appropriate. If you have feedback to provide outside of one of these waves, as mentioned before, you're more than welcome to speak to myself or Overlewd and we can take this up if necessary. Hopefully the comments I've now made here help to improve the responses we receive for next time.

Again, thank you to those who took part. Waves of feedback like this really help us out in identifying where we can improve and what we're doing well at. I hope we're able to see improvements based off the comments provided going forwards.