Limelight Forums

Full Version: raid rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ay bruh wtf are the rules for me to raid some dudes base
dosent say anywhere on the rules so let me know admins Smile
12.1 - You need a valid reason to raid the President (or anyone else). Do not raid the president for money, because of high taxes, because you don’t like certain laws (unless they drastically impact your character), or as retaliation for being arrested by the police due to your own actions. Before raiding the president, you need to show that you have attempted and exhausted the possibility of a peaceful resolution. You need to have an appropriate underground job set via /job before raiding anyone – don’t raid as the default “Citizen” job without using /job first. 

3.7 - Do not raid as a Doctor, Chef, Gun Dealer, Mechanic, Taxi Driver or Security Guard. 

Thats all I can see
Ketchup's pretty much summed it up. I'd like to add that as well as trying a peaceful solution if you're going to raid the President, also please try to do this with anyone you're thinking of raiding. (Having some evidence of this is also helpful e.g. text chats etc. as without things like that, the person being raided might @ the staff for random raiding and RDM, which is very difficult to judge if it's been done solely in voice chat.)
(Sep 19, 2019, 01:26 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Ketchup's pretty much summed it up. I'd like to add that as well as trying a peaceful solution if you're going to raid the President, also please try to do this with anyone you're thinking of raiding. (Having some evidence of this is also helpful e.g. text chats etc. as without things like that, the person being raided might @ the staff for random raiding and RDM, which is very difficult to judge if it's been done solely in voice chat.)

dont staff have chat logs?
(Sep 19, 2019, 01:37 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 19, 2019, 01:26 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Ketchup's pretty much summed it up. I'd like to add that as well as trying a peaceful solution if you're going to raid the President, also please try to do this with anyone you're thinking of raiding. (Having some evidence of this is also helpful e.g. text chats etc. as without things like that, the person being raided might @ the staff for random raiding and RDM, which is very difficult to judge if it's been done solely in voice chat.)

dont staff have chat logs?

They do, which is my point of using text chat a little to show that you're trying the peaceful options first. Voice chat isn't something that can be logged. (Unless you happen to be recording the events at the time.)

im not talking about raiding the president, im talking about another citizen or criminal
With valid job titles, you need sufficient reason to believe someone possess something of value that will benefit YOU as a criminal. I.e weed pots, contraband. That’s how it’s been enforced. This distinguishes random raiding from raiding with valid reason. 

It could be made clearer on the rule set however. 

Does this answer your question?
(Sep 19, 2019, 10:41 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]With valid job titles, you need sufficient reason to believe someone possess something of value that will benefit YOU as a criminal. I.e weed pots, contraband. That’s how it’s been enforced. This distinguishes random raiding from raiding with valid reason. 

not really sorry,
 an admin told me i could raid a base/house for "in hopes of gaining riches" or something like that
like how do i know there is shit in the base for me to take, 
example: if i see a hevily fortified base that should be a reason enough for me as a criminal to raid cuz a big base must be holdin loot right
(Sep 21, 2019, 04:37 AM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 19, 2019, 10:41 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]With valid job titles, you need sufficient reason to believe someone possess something of value that will benefit YOU as a criminal. I.e weed pots, contraband. That’s how it’s been enforced. This distinguishes random raiding from raiding with valid reason. 

not really sorry,
 an admin told me i could raid a base/house for "in hopes of gaining riches" or something like that
example: if i see a hevily fortified base that should be a reason enough for me as a criminal to raid cuz a big base must be holdin loot right
So if someone's built a good protective dupe for their home, it instantly means it's raidable no matter what?

The way you determine if their place has something that's worth taking is with proper background RP, for example, buying a property nearby them and spying on them from a distance. You could also have other people in your gang do drive bys in vehicles past their house to see if they're doing anything illegal. Sooner or later, you'll generally catch people taking pots etc. inside and that's when it's your time to strike as you know for sure they're doing weed in there.

not really sorry,

From my understanding with raids, the rules really don't make sense admins say you can raid a base in hopes of finding riches/loot yet isnt that considered random raiding as your sort of just guessing/hoping they have something worth value?

See if any of these comments help

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-24935.html
(Sep 21, 2019, 09:25 AM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]

not really sorry,
So if someone's built a good protective dupe for their home, it instantly means it's raidable no matter what?

The way you determine if their place has something that's worth taking is with proper background RP, for example, buying a property nearby them and spying on them from a distance. You could also have other people in  your gang do drive bys in vehicles past their house to see if they're doing anything illegal. Sooner or later, you'll generally catch people taking pots etc. inside and that's when it's your time to strike as you know for sure they're doing weed in there.

well thats the risk of doing contraband/weed right?

well ok then  i guess that answers the question then, proper background rp thanks yall should probably say something about it in da rules then
Define proper background RP.

That's such a blanket term that every member of staff will view it differently that its meaningless in the case of raid.

Bob runs a mob and suspects that a house may be used to grow weed, is the fact bob runs a mob and has goons enough background RP?

Bill is some petty thug who wants to kick in the door of random houses to see if he can steal anything of value, is that enough background RP?
(Sep 21, 2019, 07:23 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Define proper background RP.

That's such a blanket term that every member of staff will view it differently that its meaningless in the case of raid.

Bob runs a mob and suspects that a house may be used to grow weed, is the fact bob runs a mob and has goons enough background RP?

Bill is some petty thug who wants to kick in the door of random houses to see if he can steal anything of value, is that enough background RP?

and what is stupid is that some staff will say yeah and some will say no so when u get pulled up for a "random raid" all u can say is well oh that staff said i can then receive a nice hefty ban
Exactly my point.

For me, both examples I gave should be sufficient enough for a raid.

Its like saying you need proper background and RP to mug someone.

Why did they do it? Because they wanted their money. 

Why did you raid that place? I thought it would have some valuables.

That's ALL they need for a reason because that's the only thing that matters in the end, the raid is for the most part to obtain valuables.
(Sep 21, 2019, 07:23 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Define proper background RP.

if admin likes u, u can raid

if admin doesnt like u, u cant raid
Pages: 1 2