Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 
twitch.tv/idankcai
Ban ID:
Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. (
[font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²:M] PilotC
[/font]

Sever: 
RP
Ban Reason: 
False RDM report/lying to staff
Why should you be unbanned?:
Ok so before I so why I didn't break any rules I would like to say what happened prior, so likecolin and his friend  (the person who I put a report on was following me and my friends in a car behind us, we told them to go away 2 times prior, we then went to town and put our car in the city garage, we walk out and they keep following us, I said 'your a loser with no friends for following us' or something on the lines of that, they both ran at me swinging, I punched collin one time and he was injured straight away, you can look at damage logs to prove that and Wesley who was also dealing with the case was accusing me of punching him to an injured state, which I did do but it was a stupid accusation as how was I supposed to know he was one punch from being injured.
His mate who was still next to me, we both continued to fight, he knocked me out and killed me with his fists, not knowing why he killed me over something little I made a RDM report, and apparently I am supposed to know if my report was justified before making it, my opinion seems to be a lie.
Isn't the point of making a report is for it to be denied or accepted? Are all the people on this forum who get denied for making a report getting banned for a false RDM reports too?
As for lying to staff, I never told one lie to them, Wesley asked me why I punched him to an injured state, I told him why and explained that I didn't know he would be injured so how can I be blamed for that and that they initiated the fight. I don't know what lie I have told. 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, iDankCai.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello iDankCai,

As I am the staff member who involved ‍ into this situation to get a sec-op. on the whole incident before issuing a suspension, I will reply first and then let PilotC/other staff members evaluate this further and eventually conclude it. If they or yourself have any questions for me, I will respond accordingly.

Firstly, I'd like to ask you to back the claims that were made with any type of evidence. This may help PilotC/other staff members evaluate this quicker and more efficiently.

This would be evidence claiming or validating the following statements:

Quote:following me and my friends in a car behind us, we told them (LikeCollin and TheEagle) to go away 2 times prior, we then went to town and put our car in the city garage, we walk out and they keep following us, I said 'your a loser with no friends for following us' or something on the lines of that, they both ran at me swinging

Quote:not knowing why he (TheEagle) killed me over something little I made a RDM report

Quote:and apparently I am supposed to know if my report was justified before making it, my opinion seems to be a lie.

Quote:so how can I be blamed for that and that they initiated the fight.

Secondly, I will give my reply:

During my session time and overseer function on the server as a staff member, I was monitoring the members who were online and active at that point of time. I came across you and saw that your job title was set as civilian. Same goes for your friends that you were, at that time, driving around with.

When I then saw the logged action between LikeCollin and yourself, I started investigating. It seemed an awful lot like fooling around/'punchwhoring', so I decided to make myself invisible and fly around the situation to make sure everything was going okay.

After you injured LikeCollin (who isn't just some random player that started following you and attacking you, but instead, is your friend as claimed by himself and TheEagle) at the General Store on Main St., TheEagle dragged LikeCollins body away from the injury location which led to LikeCollin dying. TheEagle did not seek any confrontation with you at that point of time.

You then moved over to TheEagle's (again, claims to be one of your friends) location at AMPM's gas station, and told him ''You want to have a go too, mate?" or something similar in a jokingly manner and started punching him. So the initial confrontation and the follow-up fight not being started by him, but started by you. During the fight, comments were heard in a jokingly manner, as if you two were having fun.

When TheEagle then punched you into an injured state and killed you, you decided to make a RDM report. A RDM report claiming ''he killed me in a fight'' or something similar, for something that you initiated and wasn't even done with proper background roleplay or reasoning to do to begin with.

I decided to act like I was clueless to what just happened and asked you what happened and why a RDM report was filed to which you responded that he started to punch you and you were killed in the fight thus allowed to make a RDM report. You did not claim to have initiated the fight and basically put the blame with TheEagle completely alongside neglecting to come forward and saying you initiated the fight instead.

I confronted you with what I had actually seen, and you decided to stick to your story basically claiming innocence and obliviousness to what had just happened, much like you are doing in the statements on your suspension appeal.

Once I placed you on our @-sit rooftop, you timed out (claiming a connection time-out) during which I involved a secondary (read: PilotC) staff member for a sec-op. While you were reconnecting, PilotC reviewed the case, the evidence and your history (alongside your current probation period) therefore enforcing the probation as we were unable to get a last statement from you after not returning from dinner.

Finally, concluding my side (and I think I can speak for PilotC on this as well):

- We did not reprimand you for fooling around and thus, because of said actions, causing the death of one of your friends nor the 'punchwhoring'/fooling around with TheEagle. This is because we've all fooled around with friends on the server once in a while when the player pop was at a low and/or if it wouldn't affect other players and those specific actions did not really cause any harm towards other players who were on the server at that point of time.

- However, we did decide to reprimand you for not being honest and just owing up to you fooling around and instead, claiming innocence and obliviousness. This was seen as lying about how the situation unfolded, as well as making a false RDM report and a false statement about aforementioned RDM report that could have gotten someone in trouble had we not properly investigated this.

Therefore, because of the last statement, as well as the fact you had only just returned to the server with an active general probation on your account and already get mixed up with these type of situations, we decided to enforce the probation and suspend you from our gaming services again permanently.

I hope to have informed you enough for now and will await Pilot/other staff members to eval. this,

Thanks in advance,

- Wesley

iDankCai,

I'd like to start with apologizing that I was unable to meet with you to discuss this. I want you to be aware we waited at least 30 - 60 minutes prior to concluding on the situation to allow for you to return from dinner and us discuss the situation in further detail.

Wesley has addressed the majority of my same concerns with the situation and he covered the fact that we agreed to enforce your probation on the basis of the interactions with staff and not the actual fight with the players. Now I will inform you that my other concern was looking through the damage logs it appeared the fight you had was instigated by you because the first punch came from you, not the other players involved. You said you were concerned that they were following you and yet instead of calling 911 you instigated a fight by calling them losers. In some of the footage collected from the instance, I saw you running across the street to the parking area with them in tow and it looked like you made a mild attempt to drag someone else into it. So you had plenty of time to attempt to call 911 or staff if you felt there were actual IC / OOC concerns. This in turn appears like a valid case of deathmatch and doesn't really appear like a case of RDM when they killed you. You also apparently asked if you could make the RDM case based on them killing you which you should be well aware isn't what RDM is considered if you took part in the altercation.

From the information I received during the investigation on my end I was informed your prior statement was you didn't know anyone involved and they weren't your friends. Then they back tracked on you and said they were your friends and knew you. So either they are your friends and you were joking around and got caught; or there is more to the story and someone is lying to staff. Based on the history though it seems you were more joking around and just didn't want to own up to it. Heck, your most recent UBR was titled "It's only prank bru." So obviously you think all of this is a joke and you think staff won't actually enforce the rules for your prior actions. As of this post you have 204 hours on the server with 13 bans and 14 blacklists. You've had multiple problems with OOC and player interactions, cases of minging and punchwhoring, and cases of breaking rules within the last year that players at < 10 hours are more than aware of. Frankly, you've had more than enough chances to clean up the act and play in a manner that is beneficial for all players and expected of you. Your probation was enforced not solely on yesterday but it was very much the straw that broke the camel's back.

As I stated prior, I hate that I didn't have a chance to speak with you on this matter directly but I need to make my decision in a way that benefits the majority of the server. You acted in an irresponsible manner with a chronic history of staff interactions to support this. I hope that in time you can re - appeal the ban and we can take another look but 24 hours later I'm certainly not comfortable with the idea of clearing you to return to the server.

Wish the best to you,
Christopher (PilotC)