Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Ollie

Ban ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]9195
[/font]

Banned by: 
[font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²:M] Apollo

[/font]

Server: V4B1

Ban Reason: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]D/C to avoid arrest[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?: There was no evidence of me purposely timing out and both of my hands were on my keyboard and mouse (as shown by logs) moving right until I timed out, therefore I was unable to reach a wifi router or able to disconnect my wifi. Also my PC is not the best of them all and commonly times out when I least expect it, I experience no lag or frame drops before timing out so I am unable to announce I am going to time out to the players in the RP.

Evidence: I could not retrieve evidence as of now as my game capture on records only gameplay and not my desk top so when I pressed the keybind to record a 45 second long video it was too late as my game had already crashed and I was on the desktop.

Crash Report
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Ollie.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello Ollie,

While this is Apollo's ban I'll be overseeing it due it being an unusual situation and he sought advice from me. Normally a timeout would mean nothing, unfortunately for you it has been brought to administrative attention that you recently received a warning which states "Inciting/encouraging rule breakages".

In which you informed players how to get away with disconnecting from RP situations without being caught by pulling ones Ethernet cable, in which you described as if you had a level of experience of doing this in the past.  

Why do you believe your credibility is still valid after being caught spreading this information through people within the community and obviously having experience doing it in the past?
Afternoon,

So further to Welkers point I had an encounter with you the day prior when you where caught encouraging and advising other players how to D/C from a situation without being caught by moderation. With this, you were given a written warning and told to stay away from troubled situations like these. Now, today when you D/Ced after being handcuffed before a shootout occurred spurred my suspicion that you purposely did this.
(Aug 31, 2019, 05:22 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]Afternoon,

So further to Welkers point I had an encounter with you the day prior when you where caught encouraging and advising other players how to D/C from a situation without being caught by moderation. With this, you were given a written warning and told to stay away from troubled situations like these. Now, today when you D/Ced after being handcuffed before a shootout occurred spurred my suspicion that you purposely did this.

I had my hands on my keyboard at all times right until I timed out, how could I have disconnect my wifi when both of my hands are are on my keyboard and mouse moving?
Not involved, warned.

- Welker
(Aug 31, 2019, 06:42 PM)henryhouse12 Wrote: [ -> ]...wished to unplug his Ethernet cable he would've had to get out of his seat, walk over to the router and pull it.
(Aug 31, 2019, 06:24 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]...how could I have disconnect my wifi when both...

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

(Aug 31, 2019, 06:42 PM)henryhouse12 Wrote: [ -> ]...wished to unplug his Ethernet cable he would've had to get out of his seat, walk over to the router and pull it.
My computer's Ethernet port is within reach of my keyboard position.
(Aug 31, 2019, 07:48 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 31, 2019, 06:24 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]...how could I have disconnect my wifi when both...

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

https://imgur.com/a/i6YVyop
(Aug 31, 2019, 08:01 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 31, 2019, 07:48 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Not entirely sure what this proves...?
(Aug 31, 2019, 10:11 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 31, 2019, 08:01 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 31, 2019, 07:48 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Welker this proves my router is nowhere near my reach
(Aug 31, 2019, 10:33 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 31, 2019, 10:11 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 31, 2019, 08:01 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]https://imgur.com/a/i6YVyop

Router has nothing to do with it, you can pull the Ethernet cable from your computer which I would imagine is rather close to you while playing on the server?
(Aug 31, 2019, 10:38 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 31, 2019, 10:33 PM)Ollie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 31, 2019, 10:11 PM)Welker Wrote: [ -> ]Not entirely sure what this proves...?
Router has nothing to do with it, you can pull the Ethernet cable from your computer which I would imagine is rather close to you while playing on the server?

Ever tried reaching to the other side of your desk and pulling a wire out with both hands moving on your keyboard and mouse?
I also have to go under my desk to reach my computer
Hey again, Ollie.

After reviewing evidence and data with both Apollo and other staff members it has come to light that you were indeed not moving around before you "timed out" moreover, you remained perfectly still for quite some time.

Unfortunately for you after you decided to share around your habit for intentionally causing timeouts and encouraging it, you've lost quite a bit of credibility and that being said this unban request will be denied.