Limelight Forums

Full Version: The map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
it is as if there was a map rotation suggestion which could have solved a lot of the issues people have with wanting different maps.

[Image: zdyZ6oT.gif]
So it seems some people still aren't getting the idea, RIGHT AFTER JUST CHANGING THE MAP, might I add.

MAP =/= CONTENT

The map is a starting point, a base which you build up a gamemode with content. Think of LimeLight as a salad with the food being the content and the bowl being the map. You don't eat the bowl, right? You eat the salad, the content, inside the map. If you change the "bowl" from pink to green, what do you change about the contents? Nothing. You might like the colour more, but the taste is still the same.

If you paint an apple green, it still tastes like an apple (minus the unpleasant taste of watercolours). 

I hope these analogues are starting to sink in. Changing the map doesn't add anything, all it does is change the setting where the same sh*t happens. We are not bored of the map, we're bored of doing the same thing over and over again. We need content to fill the empty buildings that line the streets. We need content that brings people together and keeps people online. We need content to make LL fun once again. A map change isn't any of that.

Get that in your heads and LL will be put on the right path.

Eddie

(Aug 28, 2019, 07:44 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]So it seems some people still aren't getting the idea, RIGHT AFTER JUST CHANGING THE MAP, might I add.

MAP =/= CONTENT

The map is a starting point, a base which you build up a gamemode with content. Think of LimeLight as a salad with the food being the content and the bowl being the map. You don't eat the bowl, right? You eat the salad, the content, inside the map. If you change the "bowl" from pink to green, what do you change about the contents? Nothing. You might like the colour more, but the taste is still the same.

If you paint an apple green, it still tastes like an apple (minus the unpleasant taste of watercolours). 

I hope these analogues are starting to sink in. Changing the map doesn't add anything, all it does is change the setting where the same sh*t happens. We are not bored of the map, we're bored of doing the same thing over and over again. We need content to fill the empty buildings that line the streets. We need content that brings people together and keeps people online. We need content to make LL fun once again. A map change isn't any of that.

Get that in your heads and LL will be put on the right path.
Different maps can present different RPs and make them a lot more easier to set up. 

For example Evocity large lake no beach/sand (if so very small amounts) I use to do a lifeguard RP on Truenorth I can no longer do this. 

You can not just blame it on the lack of content but the lack of creativity and initiative we as players have. More content can make it easier for us to create RPs but a lack of content means we just have to use the brains that we have to adapt.
The point he is trying to make is that this conversation has been had over like 3 maps, and every time we change the map people are so surprised that just a MAP didn’t bring back players. Yet here we are. With another thread. Complaining about the map. Instead of....y’know.....pushing for better management or news as to what is being done about the issue...
(Aug 28, 2019, 08:01 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2019, 07:44 PM)Theo Wrote: [ -> ]Snipperino
Different maps can present different RPs and make them a lot more easier to set up. 

For example Evocity large lake no beach/sand (if so very small amounts) I use to do a lifeguard RP on Truenorth I can no longer do this. 

You can not just blame it on the lack of content but the lack of creativity and initiative we as players have. More content can make it easier for us to create RPs but a lack of content means we just have to use the brains that we have to adapt.

You have a very flawed way of thinking on what gets people to play a certain game. Is there a level of creativity needed for enjoying LL? Yes. It's a sandbox and you do have to make your own fun to extent. But I think where you go wrong is that your train of logic has brought you to the conclusion that there isn't an essential, core problem with lack of updates and new things to do, the players have to work harder to have fun. 

It's that effort that turns a game boring or into a chore. The players shouldn't have to work at all, that's what separates it from work and makes it fun. Players don't need to adapt, the game does to the needs of the players. Instead of looking for more to do, you're saying to other players "try harder".

When people get bored of GTA do people say the same thing? What about Skyrim? Or any other games? "Try harder" isn't the response, the appropriate response is demand new things to do or we move on. 

LL has become just that for the most of us: boring, because having fun is too much work. A map won't change a thing. Are you right about a map making certain RPs easier? Yes. But that's not the problem when we already have a fine map for almost anything. The problem is that our perfectly fine map is completely devoid of anything fun, new, or interesting to do. 

White sandy beaches won't fix this, time to pull LL's head out of them and fix these problems.
I'd rather have new content than a new map

Guv

i enjoyed playing on rockford alot, beautiful map 

but i agree with the point that content needs to be sorted as ‍ said
Rockford is too spread out and cripples passive roleplays becasue there isnt any shops in mainst except for 190. The houses in the suburbs are way to big unless you have a high proplimit, Sure its perfect for driving around and getting into car chases but other than that meeeeeeeeeh

TN: is just way to big, personally I love TN but seeing it from a community POV its also way to big, not even half the shops are being used and it feels detroit with all the "closed down businesses" 

our current map is good, It has good player interactions, just the right amount of stores and buildings to do shopRPs and etc without looking like detroit, criminals have places to do criminal stuff without it being a 100 miles up a hill. 

Sure the other maps looks a bit nicer and has better roads and better potentional for more elaborate pursuits but, nah, V4B1 is best map becasue you actually get to interact with other players <3
It’s the best map for the amount of players. If we had 40+ players I’d like to see TN or Rockford back. Evocity plain af unless we’re talking about V5P
Tbh, we have changed maps so much and people still complain.

Not enough shops
Too much land
Too open
Too small
Doesn't have a parking garage 

Like fuck me, play GTA 5 RP with 32 players and a open world map 100x bigger. Legit you lot can rp with 32 on a small ass map, just you sit there doing fuck all for content.
Pages: 1 2