Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 
twitch.tv/idankcai
Ban ID:
Banned by: 
[L²] Doctor Internet 
Server: 
RP
Ban Reason:
Probation enforced
Why should you be unbanned?: 
Ok so i'm kind of making this appeal half knowing that the result will be denied but I would still like to try and just explain a few things even if this is denied maybe a future appeal what I say here may change your opinion on me slightly.
First of all, I can't deny I was being a toxic ass hat on the server, I first joined not taking anything seriously because I didn't understand I when I first installed gmod this was the first server I joined so I didn't understand literally anything so Io just messed about not thinking about consequences.
Doing this got me a rep of being a 'minge' as I was told from some people in the server that understood I was new to this, but after a few weeks of playing, I liked the server and started to actually understand gmod more and the rules. However there were a few people who I won't name because this isn't about blaming people or stirring things, that didn't like me and always tried to be passive aggressive or just target there violent rp on me to annoy me. I shouldn't of got annoyed by this as it is of course, RP, but I did get annoyed anyway because I still didn't understand RP and I thought they generally hated me, these violent rps that were targeted at me were fair but I brought personal feelings into them which is why I ended up breaking the rules to lash out because they annoyed me, looking at my record you can see quite a few player disrespect offences, fear rp, me not listening because I didn't agree with why they're doing that, and quite a few disconnects because it was just stressing me out in real life. These are not to be mistaken as excuses this is just explaining the context behind the offences because I didn't really speak out about it I know what I have done is wrong and I now looking back I can tell I wouldn't do this stuff again because I understand this is rp not real hatred put against me.

I know in this appeal I have to prove to you I can be trusted to come back to the community. I have 2 solutions to try to persuade you into thinking that. I recently had a friend who bought a new pc after a while of being on console, he has played gmod before but not the Limelight server, I am willing to refer him and teach him about this server as he has never done gmod rp before, you may say anyone can teach him and refer him but him being there relying on me to teach him would keep me out of trouble because he needs me to be there to help him.
The second solution would involve going into a discord call with you just to discuss some things I'm not comfortable discussing here for everyone to see, I'm sure you already have my discord, if not I can send it to you and whenever your free we can just have a chat about the situation.
So on my time here in Limelight 
I am aware it hasn't been a huge amount of time since my ban, but however some events that I would discuss with you in the call if you are able to will explain how I have changed in the few months as things then don't represent who I was, I don't want to be seen as who I was a few months ago, looking back at some of the things in my bio (which I forgot how to change so still trying to figure out how to get rid of it) makes me physically cringe, I was acting like an elitist, I was making fun of people for reasons I would never say in real life because I have friends like that. This appeal isn't just about getting unbanned from the server it's to make other people who dislike me understand me better as well as I won't deny, I was a toxic ass hat to many people in the community.
I beg that you consider giving me a call as there are more things I want to talk about with you. 
Kind regards
-Caius
The staff-members have received your unban-request, iDankCai.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hey.

After consulting with a few administrators, we have come to the agreement that, whilst your history is rather long, we're willing to give you a chance to prove you've changed.

You'll be placed on a probation for 3 months. Any more breaches of the rules in that time (where we'd issue a ban) will result in the perm being reissued.

Do you agree to these terms?
I definitely do agree, thank you.
Your ban has been lifted. Keep the things ‍ said in mind before you might break a rule.

Welcome back!