Limelight Forums

Full Version: Another /map Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

usually an image change wouldn't call for a quick thread however, this is more than an image change and there were somethings we had to take out to implement new stuff, so I thought I'd quickly brief you in them.

First of all, we had to remove the zooming in and zooming out. This was to open way for the pin system I'll give some information below.

[Image: 4426baaca712b799a6348fd21ba56c29.png]

This is how the new map looks.
If you hover over, say one of the pins, you'll be able to see it's name next to it like this;
[Image: f1773a046bbbb6f2659258ca5bdfc5c9.png]

These pins might become chaotic when you are trying to find one specific one, so we also added a filter system.
[Image: 74cfc378c6e3db578ce5e91b3e071a05.gif]

We will implement showing the player location soon, and hopefully, the system we implemented can act as a foundation for more features around pins.

If you have any suggestions or run into any bugs, please let us know!
Player location?? I hope only certian players can see cartoon players location. That would be some absolute bullshit if anyone could see anyones location
(Aug 12, 2019, 08:18 AM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Player location?? I hope only certian players can see cartoon players location. That would be some absolute bullshit if anyone could see anyones location

I assume Bam means a pin that shows your own player location and possibly your team / clans(?) location rather than everyone's location.
Yep, I meant show the players own location which could even be behind a GPS item
I understand, I was drunk so things didn’t make sense
I like it, are you planning to implement a navigation system? Not a complete one, just to show the pin through walls.
A website version of the map is added:
https://limelightgaming.net/services/websitemap/

You can go to it using the CityRP tab.
Very nice work Bam as always!
my name jeff
Very nice btw, looking forward for the GPS
(Aug 21, 2019, 03:35 PM)Chang Lee Sun Wrote: [ -> ]my name jeff

xd
In-game /map updated with a google maps style map design + filter support.

The forum map will follow soon.
Some thoughts/ideas

Government vehicles should be shown for Government members (since they can use the PoliceDB for that anyways)

If the vehicle tracker tool would ping the map too, that'd be awesome.

An optional extra that would display your location for anyone on your clan/private radio would be cool too.
(May 17, 2020, 10:57 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]Some thoughts/ideas

Government vehicles should be shown for Government members (since they can use the PoliceDB for that anyways)

An optional extra that would display your location for anyone on your clan/private radio would be cool too.

It's planned but we are focusing on something that is better for the Government *wink* *wink*
(May 17, 2020, 11:27 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 17, 2020, 10:57 PM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]Some thoughts/ideas

It's planned but we are focusing on something that is better for the Government *wink* *wink*

Perfect stalking material, Here we go