Limelight Forums

Full Version: File not vaild in forum avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Guv

so, I want change my forum avatar to a new image 

every time I go to select a picture in the browse option on the avatar page and upload it 

it presents me with this 

https://gyazo.com/4151258c018c5904133bdfa861727d00

any ideas like, cos im clueless
What is the image?
What is the size of the image?

Guv

(Aug 1, 2019, 12:03 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]What is the image?

none of my images are 100x100, but I dont even know how to get them down to that without photoshop :/
(Aug 1, 2019, 12:09 AM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 1, 2019, 12:03 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]What is the image?

none of my images are 100x100, but I dont even know how to get them down to that without photoshop :/

Use an image converter. You can invert images to the sizes preferred. I used this to change the format but I'm pretty sure you can also change sizes on this site (can't check since I'm on mobile)
Can you send me the image through discord DMs?

Guv

(Aug 1, 2019, 03:12 AM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]Can you send me the image through discord DMs?

will do
This happens with all of my avatar's I do aswell in a PNG format. So, I've had to use Imgur then shrink it to 100x100.

Guv

‍  ive tried to shrink it in imgur and its under the dimensions and file size and its still says invalid URL and file 

tried uploading it both ways via browse and URL
(Aug 1, 2019, 06:03 PM)Dai Jones - Y Cymro Wrote: [ -> ]‍  ive tried to shrink it in imgur and its under the dimensions and file size and its still says invalid URL and file 

What URL are you trying to use?

Guv

(Aug 1, 2019, 06:49 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 1, 2019, 06:03 PM)Dai Jones - Y Cymro Wrote: [ -> ]‍  ive tried to shrink it in imgur and its under the dimensions and file size and its still says invalid URL and file 

What URL are you trying to use?
one off Imgur, anyways its sorted now thx Big Grin
Problem solved it seems.