Limelight Forums

Full Version: Talonrest Village
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 0all58C.png]
[Image: a8IcIlE.png]

Away from the grasps of the modern world lies Talonrest, a small village hidden by trees.
Talonrest has always been a haven for the wicked and cursed. The village’s history proclaims that the village was erected by a coven of witches, trying to hide from the judgemental outside world.
None knows what happened to the coven. Perhaps the influence of the church and its priests were enough to scare off the heretics. Even though the taint of the witches seems to have gone, the reputation remains.
The village is currently known to attract all sorts of outcasts. From criminals to those akin, all have a chance at a new, fresh start at Talonrest. 

Lore of Talonrest

Blacksmith’s
The blacksmith has been a loyal member of the village for years. Blacksmithing has been a family tradition for years and will be for many more to come. It is said that the blacksmith originated due to the citizens of Talonrest weaponizing themselves to fend off the witches. 
It is believed that every new weapon of the blacksmith is blessed by the local priest.

The Medical Bay
The medical bay was erected by the priests to help citizens recover from the plague the witches spread to retaliate from the eternal hunt against them. Even though the plague has been long gone, the inhabitants of Talonrest found the medical bay quite useful.
Outside the large tent, stands a prayer stone. Prayers have been written over the stones and flowers have been planted on the soil in front of it. The flowers are seen as an offer to beg for their loved ones’ recovery.

The Mayor’s House
The mayor has been elected by the citizens, but some doubt he has any reign at all. Only a handful think the priest calls the shots of the city, with the mayor being nothing but his pawn. The mayor is rarely seen outside his house.
He is thought to be writing his laws every second of the day.

The Old Cat Lady’s house
The cat lady is the oldest inhabitant of the village. She is the only member left of her family. Many inhabitants believe she is quite lonely, but dare not talk to her. She has a tendency to speak gibberish and she believes she can foresee the future.
Some think she might be related to the witch coven, but no one dares to say it out loud. She is a defenceless old woman after all, seeking comfort in her family of cats.

Justice’s Haunt
This place is known to be the courthouse of Talonrest. The priest and mayor debate with the inhabitants if a person is guilty. If proven guilty through the means of a vote, the priest and mayor may decide upon a fitting punishment. The punishment will be delivered by the executioner, whom makes sure the person found guilty will have to endure.

Common witch trials: 
In Talonrest folklore, there are several beliefs about witches. The townsfolk have several ways to identify a woman as a witch.

1.      Some believe that a witch's stomach is full of dark spirits and that they thus can never get sick and puke.
2.      Others believe that witches that they never cry.
3.      Or that blood flies don't bite witches because their blood is vile.

Trader’s Row
The financial heart of the village. Many traders come to show off their wares and earn their coin. All produce are made or grown  by inhabitants of Talonrest.

The Church
The church is lead by a single priest. He is seen as the most powerful individual in the village. The church is well-taken care of and is funded by the village the most. There is mass every day to make sure the inhabitants of Talenrest keep performing their acts of worship.

The Shady Lady
Some dare say the most popular building in the village. The tavern is run by a young woman after her father passed away due to old age. The tavern has a bard that occasionally plays the lute.
Other than that, the tavern is the true heart of the city. Many find comfort in either the ale or the homemade stew.

Characters
Every person will get an info card upon being accepted to spice up the roleplay a bit!

Blacksmith: 1/1 ( )
Doctor/Nurse: 1/1 ( )
Executioner: 1/1 (  )
Mayor: 1/1 ( )
The Old Cat Lady: 0/1
Traders at Trader’s Row: 1/2 ( )
Priest: 1/1 ( )
Bard & Town Crier: 1/1 ( )
The Shady Lady Tavern Owner: 1/1 ( )
Talonrest Guards: 0/2
Other citizens: 1/*
- Bard

Quote:Application:

Who do you want to apply for?
Hours on LL:
REP(s) Amount:

What do you think you have to offer in this event? 

*Send this via forum PM, you will receive the date & time upon acceptation*

When is it?

As I want to know if it's worth me spending my 4g writing an application or not

Given to me by pm
Gonna be fun, hope you all like Gladii
This is a really exciting event idea! It's gonna be fun.
For anyone wondering why the date is being kept secret:

Event crashers
(Jul 29, 2019, 02:27 AM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone wondering why the date is being kept secret:

Event crashers Givens

FTFY
Me when I find a heretic.

[Image: tumblr_omlqlj7gsu1uqynfao3_500.gif]
DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP!
[Image: ZnIZozZ.png]
Will be updated! Thanks to those attending today!
Enjoyed disembowelling Aryen <3
(Jul 29, 2019, 11:13 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoyed disembowelling Aryen <3

Agnes will seek revenge
(Jul 30, 2019, 04:27 AM)Aryen Wrote: [ -> ]

Agnes will seek revenge

Technically Agnes is fucking dead
(Jul 30, 2019, 03:57 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 30, 2019, 04:27 AM)Aryen Wrote: [ -> ]

Agnes will seek revenge

Considering she cursed half the fucking village I’m not sure ghosts are out of the realm of possibility to be frank
(Jul 30, 2019, 08:30 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 30, 2019, 03:57 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 30, 2019, 04:27 AM)Aryen Wrote: [ -> ]Agnes will seek revenge

Considering she cursed half the fucking village I’m not sure ghosts are out of the realm of possibility to be frank
It's fucking Talonrest. She will find a way to wreak vengeance.
Is nobody going to mention how Markus got fucking destroyed by a Longsword and beaten to death with a Shovel?
Pages: 1 2