Limelight Forums

Full Version: Doctor Internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Steam Name: Lord Octagon

Time/Date: Just after 9pm BST, 22 July.

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:65579019

Name of Staff Member: Doctor Internet

Summary/Details: For no good reason, he tries to provoke a reaction from me in OOC. He decides it to be a good idea to make a joke about seeking therapy, which to many (including myself) is no laughing matter. From my first and even second responses it is clear I wasn't happy with him calling me out like that. Yet, he continues to push further, patronising me over an incident on the Discord then saying I "need something to help you get through that".

Now, you might think this is a silly minor incident and you may be inclined to deny it. But Doc's conduct here is not something that should be condoned by the administrative team. He is fairly high ranking in the LL foodchain and he chooses to provoke someone on the in-game OOC channel for all the server to view. Is that behaviour acceptable for those who are supposed to enforce the rules?

Nor is this a one-off incident, many a-time Doc has had a distasteful attitude towards me whether it's in the chat, or on Discord voice channels - I have reported his conduct previously but he does not yield. Time and time again this occurs, and I'm feeling singled out by his behaviour towards me.

Thank you for taking the time to review this.

Evidence: https://i.imgur.com/nsqavls.jpg
I'd like to start this post with my apologies. As someone in both therapy for both physical and mental issues, remaining positive is a key point that's been given to my by those within those situations, and taking a light-hearted and positive outlook is something which is continually drilled into us, it can be difficult to see the stigma that those in therapy can be seen in.

Being in therapy isn't something to be seen as a negative. It's like taking your car for a repair, (or having people teach you to repair your own car), making sure that you are at the best you can be.

However, I stand by my comments, as they were not a joke; light-hearted, but not a joke. I believe your own evidence shows that.
[Image: 6HMaJB5v4lIB.png]

If someone posting a shitty meme,
is enough to start calling them a sex offender, then I'd suggest some sort of therapy to help mitigate that.

I am also a bit concerned that your evidence lacks some key context, such as the jokes you were making about the same situation seconds before my comments.
[Image: aEvotXD2WCXK.png]
For reference, my comments were made 6 seconds later.

Finally, a key part of your staff report is that I have had a distasteful attitude towards you. I believe, until the sex offender situation, I've not had any negative interactions with you, rather only positive ones; including those within the WY discord, which I'm sure , and others would be willing to attest to. And all of this is despite your personal attacks on me?
v4b1    [19:54:53]    Lord Octagon    (STEAM_0:0:65579019)    said "/pm rage It's doc internet so that's ok"
v4b1    [19:56:16]    Lord Octagon    (STEAM_0:0:65579019)    said "/pm rage why is everyone a doc"

I wish you a good evening.
"Why is everyone a doc" meaning a bunch of people had 'Dr' in their name in the Nexus. Not a personal attack

"It's doc internet so that's ok" Was in reference to a laddering warrant reason Judge sent me. Don't see how that's a personal attack.

Neither were personal attacks, nor were they conducted in the public forum.

Any joke I made in the OOC was not directed at anyone it was merely that - a joke, which is how everyone took it seeing by the responses. You on the other hand personally called me out and tried to provoke a reaction from me. Instead of seeing it as a joke, people questioned your behaviour.
As I said before, being in therapy myself it can be easy to forget how stigmatised it can be by the rest of society, I apologise for that, but I will stand by the rest of what I have said.

I asked a question in a light-hearted way.
A question that was raised after you called another member a sex offender in a public forum, I might add.

Your claim is it was
a. a joke.
b. to provoke a rise.
and c. a continuing campaign of harassment, from what I'm reading from your posts?

a. It was not.
b. It was not.
c. This is the first time I've had a negative interaction with you that I can recall.

Even our debate over homosexuality was civil, despite us holding completely counter viewpoints.
[Image: vuLGwha.png]

Interesting how your Givens pals, Puf and Cole put up the same image at the same time. I notice that you're a part of Givens too, so thank you for the warm reception.

As for history, you've previously indulged in anti-Semitic rhetoric and I even complained about this to Daley and Overlewd when I was a teacher. You have quite the history for anti-Semitism, and we can see another example by this PR.

[Image: jcTPMQX.png]

I've always been uneasy with your comments, especially being part Jewish myself, and I share these concerns with my fellow kin, Hungames and Disastrous. As it was on TS3, no matter if it was rain or shine, if you and I were in the same channel then just like clockwork an anti-Semitic comment would be made by you.
(Jul 22, 2019, 11:55 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ][Image: vuLGwha.png]

Interesting how your Givens pals, Puf and Cole put up the same image at the same time. I notice that you're a part of Givens too, so thank you for the warm reception.
It's interesting how the person who posted that here was warned by myself, [Image: GZYMtY49kKUU.png].
It's also interesting how I'm neither Cole or Pufitee, and I cannot control their actions?

If you wish to report Pufitee, I'd suggest posting a Player Report.

(Jul 22, 2019, 11:55 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]As for history, you've previously indulged in anti-Semitic rhetoric and I even complained about this to Daley and Overlewd when I was a teacher. You have quite the history for anti-Semitism, and we can see another example by this PR.

[Image: jcTPMQX.png]
That's a single off-color joke made in a private discord.
I also believe it was handled in a staff report.
That also was from months after your demotion?

(Jul 22, 2019, 11:55 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]I've always been uneasy with your comments, especially being part Jewish myself, and I share these concerns with my fellow kin, Hungames and Disastrous. As it was on TS3, no matter if it was rain or shine, if you and I were in the same channel then just like clockwork an anti-Semitic comment would be made by you.
Considering the only times I'd join the TeamSpeak were to perform administration duties, or for the various meetings, I don't believe what you're saying there is accurate?
[Image: hbsXuYf.png]

Another lovely message from a Givens.

Oh, speaking of Givens, it's interesting how Internet, Puf and Cole are teaming up on Judge Rage simply for stating the facts - you can be an ethnic Jew. Interesting how you try to belittle me in a place where I cannot comment to defend myself.

The truth is, your behaviour towards me starting a long while ago took a high toll on my self-esteem. I was a teacher once, I did a lot of good work, but then my attitude changed and I ended up being demoted. Where did that start? With you and your comments towards me, and I forwarded these feelings to the liaisons yet nothing would be done. Perhaps it's because Limelight consider you too valuable to discipline, after all you have more Discord roles than even Temar.
Since you've stated that I was teaming up on someone in the Discord about being an ethnic Jew I find it appropriate to defend myself and my actions.. we were joking around which was stated multiple and multiple times. We weren't trying to belittle anyone, neither was that the intent. Sorry if you are hurt or offended by it but it was only fooling around.
(Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ][Image: hbsXuYf.png]

I'm not pufitee? Make a player report? What do you want me to do about it? What do you want HR to do about it?

(Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, speaking of Givens, it's interesting how Internet, Puf and Cole are teaming up on Judge Rage simply for stating the facts - you can be an ethnic Jew. Interesting how you try to belittle me in a place where I cannot comment to defend myself.
[Image: KFKGUpBAg1Du.png]
I didn't attack him for stating facts. I asked the people involved to step it back. I was making comment on how his bias was on display. Considering the attacks on other staff and community members, I believe that's within my right.

(Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]The truth is, your behaviour towards me starting a long while ago took a high toll on my self-esteem. I was a teacher once, I did a lot of good work, but then my attitude changed and I ended up being demoted. Where did that start? With you and your comments towards me, and I forwarded these feelings to the liaisons yet nothing would be done.
Correct me if I'm wrong, you were demoted for a poor attitude and rules violations? These non-existent comments have nothing to do with that.

(Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it's because Limelight consider you too valuable to discipline, after all you have more Discord roles than even Temar.
Correct me if I'm wrong,
[Image: FhVCkQOpkaDF.png]
[Image: THTe0Y8HjqL3.png]
15 is less than 17.

And no, I'm not important. I'm replaceable. That's literally the point of the work I've been doing, to make people replaceable.
(Jul 23, 2019, 12:46 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not pufitee? Make a player report? What do you want me to do about it? What do you want HR to do about it?

You and your Givens friends are known for ganging up on people. Talk to Judge and Jakecake, you Givens guys harassed them countless times for simply placing a PR. That's why it's relevant, you and your involvement with the Givens.

(Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, speaking of Givens, it's interesting how Internet, Puf and Cole are teaming up on Judge Rage simply for stating the facts - you can be an ethnic Jew. Interesting how you try to belittle me in a place where I cannot comment to defend myself.
I didn't attack him for stating facts. I asked the people involved to step it back. I was making comment on how his bias was on display. Considering the attacks on other staff and community members, I believe that's within my right.

You're making this big scene that you're the hero, when you're just hopping in to save face on this report. 

(Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]The truth is, your behaviour towards me starting a long while ago took a high toll on my self-esteem. I was a teacher once, I did a lot of good work, but then my attitude changed and I ended up being demoted. Where did that start? With you and your comments towards me, and I forwarded these feelings to the liaisons yet nothing would be done.
Correct me if I'm wrong, you were demoted for a poor attitude and rules violations? These non-existent comments have nothing to do with that.

Those comments happened, I may not have evidence of them specifically but there is evidence of your history to make insults, as seen by the anti-Semitic post.

(Jul 23, 2019, 12:22 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it's because Limelight consider you too valuable to discipline, after all you have more Discord roles than even Temar.
Correct me if I'm wrong,
15 is less than 17.

And no, I'm not important. I'm replaceable. That's literally the point of the work I've been doing, to make people replaceable.

I asked someone to count them a little while before your reply and it was 16 vs 9, so nice coverup I guess.
(Jul 23, 2019, 01:12 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 23, 2019, 12:46 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]

You and your Givens friends are known for ganging up on people. Talk to Judge and Jakecake, you Givens guys harassed them countless times for simply placing a PR. That's why it's relevant, you and your involvement with the Givens.
My involvement with the Givens so far has been to issue them warnings.

You're making this big scene that you're the hero, when you're just hopping in to save face on this report. 
I never called myself a hero. I'm trying to correct this notion that I'm Hitler, the Romans who hung Christ, Satan and Mao rolled into one.

Those comments happened, I may not have evidence of them specifically but there is evidence of your history to make insults, as seen by the anti-Semitic post.
No they didn't. There's been a few off colour jokes between me and friends. That's nowhere near to the "constant anti-semetic posts" that you claim?

Correct me if I'm wrong,
15 is less than 17.

I asked someone to count them a little while before your reply and it was 16 vs 9, so nice coverup I guess.

Yes. Temar was missing half of his proper usergroups.
Removing duplicated groups or groups below the maximum (ie. all administrators have trial/senior/moderator ranks), he has all of mine, plus SA and Owner.

Unless you're also implying that is also more important than Temar?
[Image: nEqgEsXYUMdF.png]
Under review.
Looking back on yesterdays comments, I can see how they can be misconstrued, with the "heat of the moment" so to speak, I didn't see it.

With more time to look back on the situation, I can see that, and can only offer my wholehearted apologies to you if you were offended by my comments.

If you'd like to talk about any of the stigmas raised here, as several others have, both publically and in my DMs, then I'm more than happy to do so. As I say, therapy isn't anything to be ashamed of, so I'm happy to talk about it with anyone, even without going into specifics.

I hope you have a good day.
Concluded.

I have taken time to speak with Doctor Internet regarding his conduct, with that we've come to a mutual conclusion that the things said, was a bit out of order. 

Seen as Doctor Internet has posted an apology, I am prepared to leave it at that and we can all move on with our lives. 

Thank you for report, if you have any other issues don't be afraid to send me a message on discord or send me a forum PM. 

Many thanks, 

[L²] Brynn - Human Resources