Limelight Forums

Full Version: Discord ban appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Lord Octagon

Ban ID: n/a

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. ()

Server: Discord

Ban Reason: Calling Boshine a 'sex offender'

Why should you be unbanned?: Well, Boshine was posting crude images which contained sexually explicit language. He also has a history of this, even including a phallus in his forum signature which had to be removed. To put it simply, he is a sexual deviant and I chose to use the more unrefined term of 'sex offender' to describe him as I experience somewhat of a trauma when seeing his messages. I believe I was justified in my reaction as I was portraying it as a half-truth as opposed to an insult. If I wanted to insult him, which I'm not in the habit of doing, I could have used more clear language. I don't believe my tone was that of an insult but merely portraying my disgust at his degenerate choice of imagery to expose on the #general channel of a public Discord server.

Evidence:
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Lord Octagon.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
A sex offender is a criminal.
A sexual deviant is not.

Clear line, clear divide. Those words do not mean the same thing.
I considered his actions to be akin to such. I've experienced trauma due to his constant behaviour.
If you have experienced trauma from his behaviour, I suggest you contact a therapist to aid in your recovery.

Appeal concluded and denied, ban will stand as issued.