Limelight Forums

Full Version: Better police rp.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Apex

After being inspired by the PCSO rp I genuinely feel like the police rp has strayed from it's origin. Realistically police rp is one of the more influential roleplays on the server; therefore the quality of such should be to higher scrutiny than others such as shop rps. 

What do you think could be improved in terms of police rp, or maybe even what should be changed entirely.

Guv

was it my PCSO rp?

Apex

(Jul 2, 2019, 02:35 AM)Guv Wrote: [ -> ]was it my PCSO rp?

Yes Guv, and actually I find it ridiculous you weren't award a rep by the staff online for an creditably healthy police roleplay that was entirely community centered and included the majority of the server population. ‍.... Roleplays such as this need to be rewarded because they blend so well into the community and server doesn't mean they are insignificant but entirely the opposite. It means they are so well developed and executed that they immerse players into life roleplay that they don't even notice it from the ordinary. They are essentially the lifeblood of life rp; and should be considered as such. I see no reason for players to go out of their way to make the life rp experience realistic unless staff get their act together and start noticing people trying hard to make a normal, happy roleplay experience for others. REPs shouldn't just be about sweating /me and /it but creating a life like environment for others.

Apex

What I am saying is stop rewarding people for using basic commands like /me and /it but instead reward people for roleplaying normal everyday roles that people take for granted, roadwork rp, PCSO rp, good police rp. Its stuff people have come to take for granted but without it city rp would be nothing without.
You get REPs by RPing with admins or events lol, not doing good RP.
(Jul 2, 2019, 03:27 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]You get REPs by RPing with admins or events lol, not doing good RP.

yeah if you want REP, don't just RP. RP ONLY when the admins are on. When they join, start it up, do some adverts, some /me, /it, and bim bam boom REP.

Apex

Don't forget. Reps mean nothing. Some people get reps because they found the perfect formula! I've done it myself, pretend to care, sweat rp when the admins are around and make sure they see you do /me /it. As someone with 16 reps trust me. Reps are no longer a definition of a good roleplayer. Guv should have at least 20 reps but because his roleplays are so normal (exactly what city rp should be aiming for) he gets nothing. It's not fair and it's wrong. Take all my reps away if anything I have said is incorrect because it isn't. It's the truth. Limelight has strayed from RPcentric to stupid rule and bureaucracy-centric rule worshiping pathetic behavior

Apex

Infact I would say the great deal of rep holders really, really don't deserve the reps they hold. The worst offender being
How has it strayed from its original purpose?

PoliceRP is what it is and it mostly depends on how organized the cheif is, sometimes you get a lazy cheif, other times you get one like ‍ or ‍ who likes to organize things which is nice. im not gonna hold policeRP to a higher standard than other roleplays because while police are indeed influencial to the server, but so are mafiaRP, chefRP, mechanicRP etc etc. 

I wouldnt really change much other than tweaking the health kit as i feel they should only work on injured bodies or release them into the market.

As for the REP thing, if staff or a teacher dosen't notice it there is always the option of recommending one yourself.
(Jul 2, 2019, 12:08 PM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]How has it strayed from its original purpose?

PoliceRP is what it is and it mostly depends on how organized the cheif is, sometimes you get a lazy cheif, other times you get one like ‍ or ‍ who likes to organize things which is nice. im not gonna hold policeRP to a higher standard than other roleplays because while police are indeed influencial to the server, but so are mafiaRP, chefRP, mechanicRP etc etc. 

I wouldnt really change much other than tweaking the health kit as i feel they should only work on injured bodies or release them into the market.

As for the REP thing, if staff or a teacher dosen't notice it there is always the option of recommending one yourself.
[Image: ofHYFK9.png]

me too

Apex

(Jul 2, 2019, 12:08 PM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]How has it strayed from its original purpose?

REPs shouldn't be a box ticking exercise
When the server is hitting 30/40 players and there is only one staff member on, it’s pretty hard to watch someone’s RP and focus on giving REPS out. 

It’s not as you call “ridiculous”.

You have the ability to recommend people for REPS, so don’t call out staff for not giving one
(Jul 2, 2019, 03:27 AM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]You get REPs by RPing with admins or events lol, not doing good RP.

Mostly true, But you do get some staff who award Good RP.
Personally I don't follow any sort of checklist or anything, I look out for truly unique and in-depth RPs that encourage people to partipate. Like others have also said, when there's not a lot of staff / teachers online at the time, it can be hard keeping track of these so there's always the option of making a post on REP Recommendations about it. (An incredibly underused area, with the last post being almost 3 months ago...)
(Jul 2, 2019, 12:08 PM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]PoliceRP is what it is and it mostly depends on how organized the cheif is, sometimes you get a lazy cheif, other times you get one like ‍ or ‍ who likes to organize things which is nice. im not gonna hold policeRP to a higher standard than other roleplays because while police are indeed influencial to the server, but so are mafiaRP, chefRP, mechanicRP etc etc. 

PoliceRP arguably has the greatest impact on the server. No matter if the department is organized or not, if the police start pissing everybody off, people either leave or go criminal to kill them. Then, people get mad because there is less passiveRP or less players. No other job has quite the influence of the police. Occasionally, criminal groups try to act like military dictators and constantly interfere with RP, causing the same issues.

Holding police to a higher standard would be difficult since the requirements to be a cop are terribly low. We would need tests, higher hour requirements, REP requirements, or some other way to ensure that RP improves. These efforts may not even increase the quality of the police force. They could discourage people from playing, which would be terrible for the already small player population. 

To the claim that chef or mechanic RP are anywhere near as influential to the server as policeRP, that is laughably false. Chefs only influence those who choose to interact with them. While mechanics who don't do their job can cause issues on the server, the magnitude of such issues is much smaller than the potential conflicts caused by a bad police department. Many other jobs function the same as the chef such that their significance is minimal.
Pages: 1 2