Limelight Forums

Full Version: Roleplay & Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'ello community.

As stated in my post in the thread "Player Count", rules supporting roleplay is something important for us, and we wish to give space for character development within roleplay and rules.

However, part of the issue adjusting the rules to better fit character development and roleplay is looking at them from all sides and making sure it's balanced.

Now, the purpose of this thread.

In this thread, you can take a rule and suggest a way for it to better accompany roleplay and character development.

So basically, take a rule and suggest an adjustment that makes it better accompany roleplay and character development.

Let's also use this thread as a means to close off the grey areas.

Please do not go off-topic or argue with other people in this thread, let's keep it organized.

Basically, think of this as a bug-report and suggestions for rules. When I say suggestions though, keep in mind it's to transform rules into less roleplay restricting ones.
Good idea of a thread, this should help the community! Nice idea
If there will be changes like what you suggested, its pretty useless, we are just going to end up repeating rules in more than one place.

Your example has just mentioned rule 3.1 on top of 13.5.

If you read the rules as a whole everything clicks together and they are relatively easy to understand. The issue is not how the rules are written, its the fact that staff interpret them differently, what you need is a unified opinion on all rules so staff react the same on a situation.

Apex

(Jun 30, 2019, 12:26 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]If there will be changes like what you suggested, its pretty useless, we are just going to end up repeating rules in more than one place.

If you read the rules as a whole everything clicks together and they are relatively easy to understand. The issue is not how the rules are written, its the fact that staff interpret them differently, what you need is a unified opinion on all rules so staff react the same on a situation.
Or that staff follow them to the letter and don't use their own initiative to say "whilst yes this is breaking a rule it isn't negatively impacting anyone so I'll allow it".
(Jun 30, 2019, 12:39 PM)Apex Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 30, 2019, 12:26 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]If there will be changes like what you suggested, its pretty useless, we are just going to end up repeating rules in more than one place.

Or that staff follow them to the letter and don't use their own initiative to say "whilst yes this is breaking a rule it isn't negatively impacting anyone so I'll allow it".

Ironicly that was somthing HR used to say at one point, rules we're to be enforced to the letter.

Following to the letter is the worst way to go about it, as exceptions are always there.

Staff should be less inclined to issue punishment for an infraction if no harm was done/if all parties agree it was ok

Thats how I enforced things. No harm, no foul.