Limelight Forums

Full Version: Inventory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is going to sound crazy but hear me out.

Remove the inventory for weapons and food or limit the amount of an item in your inventory...

For this example im going to compare CityRP2 to DarkRP. DarkRP is interactive because players can't keep any weapons when they die or after rejoining. Most DarkRP servers don't have an inventory (like CityRP). DarkRP causes unique experiences across different servers/game sessions because not every gun shop and store owner are the same. This in itself is already something that I feel Limelight has, variety. Except on Limelight, the use of these unique experiences is limited due to "stocking up", when a player buys items in bulk. This is the reason that PassiveRPs are rarely used. If we could somehow reduce the amount of "stocking up" or remove that ability at all it would increase the frequency of uses of stores, restaurants, etc. allowing more players to experience these unique experiences that Limelight allows and offers.

Suggestions:
**Make caught fish (something that can be stored) inedible. Make it have to be crafted by a chef to cook it or make sushi. 
**Make weapons purchasable to go straight into weapon wheel instead of inventory. Create a crate to store the weapon in your home (to disarm). No more /holster in a bush.
**Make inventory have a max space per category instead of whole inventory.

This is just an idea that popped into my head while brainstorming ideas to improve the server. Really no structure to it; therefore, the reason it's in the discussion subforum. Have at it.
+Support, But only if Limelight somehow turns into a DarkRP server.
(Jun 30, 2019, 10:15 AM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]+Support, But only if Limelight somehow turns into a DarkRP server.

Tbh, turning LL into a DarkRP server at this point is far more beneficial. At least we'd get a good pop to go with our minges.
(Jun 30, 2019, 01:53 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 30, 2019, 10:15 AM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]+Support, But only if Limelight somehow turns into a DarkRP server.

Tbh, turning LL into a DarkRP server at this point is far more beneficial. At least we'd get a good pop to go with our minges.

I completely disagree. CityRP is unique and a great gamemode that serves a purpose with gmod. I just like the constant player interaction that DarkRP has. The rest of the gamemode doesn't provide the tools necessary to perform the great RPs that Limelight has been known for.
Nah but then its so much effort to do anything, the only reason people play darkrp is to see how quickly they can get banned
(Jun 30, 2019, 08:30 PM)Tom_ Wrote: [ -> ]Nah but then its so much effort to do anything, the only reason people play darkrp is to see how quickly they can get banned

True, true... Never done that myself before cough
I'd love if food was not able to be stored in your inv, unless its canned food (which gives little hunger) If you wanted a proper meal you have to go out or buy ingredients and actually sit and eat it. And the Chef had to cook it and make the food almost like you make meth (but for food I guess?)
are you actually high
(Jun 30, 2019, 09:50 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love if food was not able to be stored in your inv, unless its canned food (which gives little hunger) If you wanted a proper meal you have to go out or buy ingredients and actually sit and eat it. And the Chef had to cook it and make the food almost like you make meth (but for food I guess?)

We can't even trust mechanics to be available to fix cars. Now imagine if we force people to use chefs when they're hungry. The only positive is for paramedic RP as there'll be plenty of bodybags to collect (not like they do that anyway either).
Working on a bigger discussion thread on overhauling the gamemode in a doable way. One of the discussion points is adding a item bank. In which you store items. But your charachter has a limited inventory. I personally think this is the best option.
(Jun 30, 2019, 09:50 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love if food was not able to be stored in your inv, unless its canned food (which gives little hunger) If you wanted a proper meal you have to go out or buy ingredients and actually sit and eat it. And the Chef had to cook it and make the food almost like you make meth (but for food I guess?)

Personally with the MESKA module for cooking (Which has been announced as one of the extensions on the update thread) I would love it if food had a "fresh" status. When it's cooked it will be fresh for a while. Providing some kind of buff. Like very slow passive non stackable health regen. Or more stamina. Incentive for people to eat in restaurant rps. Still keep high tier food with buffs as well.