Limelight Forums

Full Version: an attempt to return to the server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if you saw my account transfer request, (https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-25280.html) you may have seen that gmod stopped working properly for me, and I'm looking for some help to repair it, i would appreciate all help given by you, and please don't close the sub-forum until i confirm that gmod works for me now, thank you.
Either reference the previous thread with your issue or explain your issue in this thread. We can't help you if you don't explain how and what happens.
(Jun 24, 2019, 03:55 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]Either reference the previous thread with your issue or explain your issue in this thread. We can't help you if you don't explain how and what happens.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-25280.html

youre welcome

Edit 1: and im not a great computer technitian so please send me instructions that you find suitable for me
From that post the only information I have managed to get is that you are unable to join LL and you believe it is has to do with your steam account, which unless you are banned, is highly unlikely to be the cause.
If I were you I would check my internet connection (stable speed & ping) and I would also try to remove/delete any unneeded content and keep content only related to LL.

Please also explain what exactly happens when you try to join LL, does your game close without any prompt? Is your game frozen and does nothing? do you time out?
Again as described to you, it's likely to do with your addons.

Unsubscribe to everything that isn't necessary (i.e. content packs, map files) and you should be fine.
(Jun 24, 2019, 08:02 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]From that post the only information I have managed to get is that you are unable to join LL and you believe it is has to do with your steam account, which unless you are banned, is highly unlikely to be the cause.
If I were you I would check my internet connection (stable speed & ping) and I would also try to remove/delete any unneeded content and keep content only related to LL.

Please also explain what exactly happens when you try to join LL, does your game close without any prompt? Is your game frozen and does nothing? do you time out?
i cant join or play at all, it just gets stuck at the blue loading screen
(Jun 24, 2019, 08:05 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]Again as described to you, it's likely to do with your addons.

Unsubscribe to everything that isn't necessary (i.e. content packs, map files) and you should be fine.

i removed some content packs and maps by accident when making space for a game once, am i fine?
I would reinstall the content packs but make sure you only grab the ones from Limelight - the only mapfile you'll need is truenorth assuming you just plan on connecting to LL.
(Jun 24, 2019, 09:11 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]I would reinstall the content packs but make sure you only grab the ones from Limelight - the only mapfile you'll need is truenorth assuming you just plan on connecting to LL.

zaid helped me get past the loading screen, but now its stuck in the "fetching subscriptions" screen and im pretty sure i wont be able to delete addons that way
When you say stuck, does that mean it stays there for a few seconds/minutes or is it like that for a good 20 minutes+.

When it gets there, do you forcibly close the game, crashes or does it stay there indefinitely? What is the longest you waited it for it to get "unstuck".
(Jun 24, 2019, 10:03 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]When you say stuck, does that mean it stays there for a few seconds/minutes or is it like that for a good 20 minutes+.

When it gets there, do you forcibly close the game, crashes or does it stay there indefinitely? What is the longest you waited it for it to get "unstuck".

if youre asking about the blue loading screen, id say a good 25-30 minutes, maybe 20 and with the fetching subscriptions one, i didnt count but i think i waited 5-10 minutes.
(Jun 24, 2019, 10:22 PM)Ishnifan Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 24, 2019, 10:03 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]When you say stuck, does that mean it stays there for a few seconds/minutes or is it like that for a good 20 minutes+.

if youre asking about the blue loading screen, id say a good 25-30 minutes, maybe 20 and with the fetching subscriptions one, i didnt count but i think i waited 5-10 minutes.

Hold on a moment, we are talking about the blue screen and fetching subs when you load the GAME and not when you load into the server aren't we?
(Jun 24, 2019, 10:40 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 24, 2019, 10:22 PM)Ishnifan Wrote: [ -> ]

if youre asking about the blue loading screen, id say a good 25-30 minutes, maybe 20 and with the fetching subscribtions one, i didnt count but i think i waited 5-10 minutes.

Hold on a moment, we are talking about the blue screen and fetching subs when you load the GAME and not when you load into the server aren't we?
its gonna be fairly impossible to join the server as you have to do it really quickly, and regarding the blue and fetching subscriptions screen, i think the cause may be deleting some files on a pirated copy i downloaded somewhere back in 2014 or 2015 when making room for payday 2 (there are those times that happen once) or when deleting the addons (about maybe 20 gb worth of mods atm)
Did you recently delete addons from the Garry's Mod folder? (not unsubscribing from them)
How much space does the hard driver that Garry's Mod is located have left?
If you look on YouTube there are some really easy ways to unsubscribe from the addons you no longer want, resub to LL's addons and delete all the files in your addons folder. Reboot the game and you should be all good.
Pages: 1 2