Limelight Forums

Full Version: LL New Platform?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just another kickstarter campaign to flop like Identity RPG did, just like that was supposed to be the next platform.
It looks great.

It'll be released, i'd say, in the next 15 Decades.
It doesn't look great. Because it's not Gameplay. There is a lot of bought assets in that trailer. Until you see gameplay, don't spend money on it. It will just end up being like one of those many "RP Platform" games that end up being complete BS.
Watched the trailer a few more times and found that most of the assets are from gta
I’ll stay positive about this. IMO it already looks better than the flop one we had before. I’d assume that since it is in extremely early stages that assets are temporary to the final product.

And tbf, Identity isn’t even in Alpha and they’ve stated that. I wouldn’t call it a flop until it’s actually in a decent stage.
(Jun 22, 2019, 07:55 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll stay positive about this. IMO it already looks better than the flop one we had before. I’d assume that since it is in extremely early stages that assets are temporary to the final product.

And tbf, Identity isn’t even in Alpha and they’ve stated that. I wouldn’t call it a flop until it’s actually in a decent stage.

It's been more than 4 years since Identity was funded and then some on Kickstarter and there's been only one "module" that's actually been produced, the town square bit. No Gunplay, vehicles/racing. The 2 other modules haven't even left design stage. Flop IMO if this is the state it's in.
According to some players the dev team is still working on it, it’s just more time than expected. Don’t see a reason to say it’s a complete flop when it still isn’t close to an Alpha. I’d compare it to a Dayz sitution tbh.
It looks good but I feel that with a possible long development time and this being the first game from this particular company, it'll end up being talked about for a few months but it'll end up dead after that unfortunately.
I love the idea: put arma life rp, gmod's city rp, gta 5 M and a bunch of other components into one game, shake it put it in the oven for 45 minutes and booom... Im also very pleased by the National Forest Sign displayed at the very beginning of the trailer (gives me ideas Big Grin).

Though this looks to be about as promising as Start citizen. (Great on paper but a nightmare in developement and final gameplay) How would you run an economy on this scale there are just so many weakpoints. Even with 30 probably 40 people some complain about low density player population on a map like True North - how many people would you need to decently fill a entire desert or a proper town? If there are gonna be airplanes and large lakes, oil fields etc. the map would need to be quite large. And if you would actually need people to man kiosks etc. you would need an immense server population or lots and lots of AI to make the map feel alive...

Such a game could be possible but it would need tremendous funding and a loooooong developement time.
But sure - if it ever comes out ill be the first to load up my rubber boat, hook it up to my jeep and go fishing in the mountains Thumbs Up
look good, would 100% play it but no doubt itl be shite when it releases
(Jun 23, 2019, 04:56 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]According to some players the dev team is still working on it, it’s just more time than expected. Don’t see a reason to say it’s a complete flop when it still isn’t close to an Alpha. I’d compare it to a Dayz sitution tbh.

It is worse than DayZ.

4 years and they have a fucking town square finished, nothing else. Absolutely nothing else.
(Jun 24, 2019, 04:21 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 23, 2019, 04:56 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]According to some players the dev team is still working on it, it’s just more time than expected. Don’t see a reason to say it’s a complete flop when it still isn’t close to an Alpha. I’d compare it to a Dayz sitution tbh.

It is worse than DayZ.

4 years and they have a fucking town square finished, nothing else. Absolutely nothing else.

That is okay, but the game should not be for sale at this stage.
Mr Temar said it himself, He's Looking into it