Limelight Forums

Full Version: Teamspeak Closure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi community,

It's with regret that today we need to announce that the Teamspeak server that we currently offer is coming to it's end of life on August 2nd. This is partly because of the license expiring, but it's also because we've noticed that not many people have used Teamspeak now since we've transitioned most of our communication over to Discord, however Teamspeak is where this community flourished and it wouldn't feel right to just close it and leave it at that, would it?

As a result, we'll be planning an event as a sendoff to the Teamspeak server. This will obviously need a fair amount of planning to do so more details will follow closer to the time.

Again, it's a shame to see the Teamspeak server finally come to close but sadly since not many people were using it anyways and we've got other options to use for the community to communicate, it wouldn't make much sense to keep it going much longer. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
[L²] Night
Server Administrator & Teacher Liaison
F in the chat bois
Fantastic.
Meh
Thought it closed ages ago
(Jun 10, 2019, 11:27 PM)Lewwings77 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought it closed ages ago

Nosir, we kept it up since we had the license still running. As the license expires soon, decision was made that we weren't renewing since we already had similar, more widely used options available to us.
Probably a good idea, no point in having it if it isn't used much. Shame to see it go if it was the first platform used to communicate within LL.
i will attend the event and do a pigeon dance
The picture of the 30 or so people in the TeamSpeak when we first started Limelight will always bring back good memories.
(Jun 10, 2019, 10:44 PM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]F in the chat bois

F
but the US server is still up? ok then.

#MakeTeamspeakGreatAgain #FuckDiscordVoiceChat
As much as i do like discord and its voice chat, its quality and reliability has never quite been as good as teamspeak, as while TS is a dedicated voice only program, ive noticed discord can get pretty spotty and chug at times when discord itself is under a heavy load.

Me and many others pop over to the LL TS to make up for discords spottyness quite often

May TS live on forever
shoutout to when everyone gathered to break off from *that* community on teamspeak

rip to the legend, rest in peace
Why does always do the announcements that don't matter for another two months? :3
>always does the announcements that don't matter for another two months
>this is the first announcement I've posted

[Image: giphy.gif]
Pages: 1 2