Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> [L²:RP] henryhouse12, George, Cr[A]zY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: [L²:RP] henryhouse12 (STEAM_0:1:86501960)  () , George (STEAM_0:0:183737387)  () , Cr[A]zY (STEAM_0:1:105679680)  ()
Server: TrueNorth
Time: 2019-May-31 21:47
Summary: Henry, along with George, as well as Cr[A]zY - as shown in the pictures, blatantly metagaming & continuing on for quite some time.

Evidence: [Image: E20A88BA445AF5C9BD5D40BA6861E074BB4EE3AE]
[Image: FC60EC0F40D736574123BF9356E00BF74867FED5]
[Image: 7E38B8CF73BAF4D035C0D1F34D045757BBEFF481]
[Image: 323066A12835ED577D631E3D82C8596745552C28]

Continuing metagaming even after I posted the PR.
[Image: 593D38262DA57A3EC5C64B506CA628F13E1FAE26]
I was helping them, I don't see how trying to show them where the drug dealer is, after them constantly asking is metagaming! I am a police officer, yes, and I was not at any point thinking of raiding them! I was being nice and showing them where the weed dealer was!
Quote:3.9 - Do not use information obtained by out-of-character means, in-character (Metagaming). Exception-you may use Teamspeak/Discord/similar as a radio, but only if it would make sense in-character (do not use it to bypass injury, FearRP, NLR, etc.).
We were 8 people on a server, there was no one able to give us enough help to find the drug dealer, after 40 mins of waiting for help someone was kind enough to help, now we are able to find it and we did not use this information for malicious purposes, we should have done this in PM however the timing of the events and how tired we were of waiting for almost an hour got the best of us, if you check chat logs from a console (not sure if staff have one or not but a server I was admin on did) and if there were staff ofc we would have called, or a teacher but late at night we did not use this information for gain we used it because we were (Out of character) and a kind man was able to show us the server.
(Jun 1, 2019, 12:05 AM)Steven Tries Wrote: [ -> ]We were 8 people on a server, there was no one able to give us enough help to find the drug dealer, after 40 mins of waiting for help someone was kind enough to help, now we are able to find it and we did not use this information for malicious purposes, we should have done this in PM however the timing of the events and how tired we were of waiting for almost an hour got the best of us, if you check chat logs from a console (not sure if staff have one or not but a server I was admin on did) and if there were staff ofc we would have called, or a teacher but late at night we did not use this information for gain we used it because we were (Out of character) and a kind man was able to show us the server.

Don't take it so personally, you admit knowing the rule against metagaming & yet still metagame.
There's quite literally no need for it, as you said, you should have done it in PMs.
Why are you so entitled for staff to punish someone who did the role of helping someone on the server for no gain on either side all I see is someone who is keen for me or someone else to be warned, I asked for help and I got it, and yes I will take this personally because it is about me (well even though I did not do that much) so I ask that you understand that and also understand that this man helped me with server issues and not IC issues and I am thankful for the server help he gave to me.
Since I have more time to respond, I might as well take the time to write a full reply to your PR!

As I have explained I was trying to help someone who is relatively new to the game, or at least to selling drugs, and when I first joined I was frustrated by how long it took for people to respond to me! I had said to George that I was coming to show him, with no intentions of arresting or anything like that as it seems the decent thing to do!

I then drive into a tree due to a lag spike, and not wanting George or the other person to think I was ignoring them I told them I had crashed and I would try and get a friend to help! Since no one else was clearly wanting to help I tried to communicate over OOC that once I respawned I would show them where to go and they could be on their merry way, therefore in my eyes not meta-gaming as it was for their own benefit, and I was not using OOC information IC, like immediately raiding their base, which in my eyes, then yes I would need to be given a slap for meta-gaming and being an overall dick!

I understand your concerns but under no circumstance was any OOC information being used IC, no agreements were made not to raid etc, it was merely me showing them where they sell, and then them dropping me back at PD like nothing had happened, in my eyes what any decent person should do!

Thank you for your time, to for making the PR and any admins overseeing this and I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Many thanks,

henryhouse12
Once again, don't take it so personally because I certainly am not 'entitled' for staff to punish anyone.
It gives me 0 pleasure to get you, or anyone else in trouble, but I seen this as the only other option to get you guys to cut it out with the metagaming, as it'd gone on for quite some time & was clouding OOC.

(Jun 1, 2019, 12:16 AM)Steven Tries Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you so entitled for staff to punish someone who did the role of helping someone on the server for no gain on either side all I see is someone who is keen for me or someone else to be warned, I asked for help and I got it, and yes I will take this personally because it is about me (well even though I did not do that much) so I ask that you understand that and also understand that this man helped me with server issues and not IC issues and I am thankful for the server help he gave to me.

I'm not here to bicker back and fourth with you guys, this is solely regarding the blatant metagaming that clouded OOC for too long (in my opinion) - which is why I posted the PR.
It's nothing personal, take it as a learning experience if anything, especially considering you know metagaming isn't allowed, this PR is meant to push the rule further into your skull so you don't get yourself in trouble later down the road.

(Jun 1, 2019, 12:20 AM)henryhouse12 Wrote: [ -> ]Since I have more time to respond, I might as well take the time to write a full reply to your PR!

As I have explained I was trying to help someone who is relatively new to the game, or at least to selling drugs, and when I first joined I was frustrated by how long it took for people to respond to me! I had said to George that I was coming to show him, with no intentions of arresting or anything like that as it seems the decent thing to do!

I then drive into a tree due to a lag spike, and not wanting George or the other person to think I was ignoring them I told them I had crashed and I would try and get a friend to help! Since no one else was clearly wanting to help I tried to communicate over OOC that once I respawned I would show them where to go and they could be on their merry way, therefore in my eyes not meta-gaming as it was for their own benefit, and I was not using OOC information IC, like immediately raiding their base, which in my eyes, then yes I would need to be given a slap for meta-gaming and being an overall dick!

I understand your concerns but under no circumstance was any OOC information being used IC, no agreements were made not to raid etc, it was merely me showing them where they sell, and then them dropping me back at PD like nothing had happened, in my eyes what any decent person should do!

Thank you for your time, to for making the PR and any admins overseeing this and I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Many thanks,

henryhouse12

As I said I was trying to help them, not ask them to pick me up and give me a ride to my car so I can collect it and get my weapons back! I had no malicious intent to Metagame nor did I use it to my advantage in any way, as you could clearly see by me trying to help the person. Meta-gaming from what I remember is using OOC things IC to your advantage. So explain to me how is me showing someone where the drug dealer for the first time is using OOC info to my advantage IC? Did you see me calling the SWAT to arrest them? No! Did I shoot them and take their car and impound it? No! Did I try and help them because I have been in a similar situation and know how frustrating it can be when people don't answer? Yes!

This is why I took the time, and apparently broke a rule in doing so, and with all due respect, if anyone did break a rule I don't care what anyone else says, I should be the one slaughtered for it and if I am, I still did the right thing in my eyes! I am not saying I don't care but I am trying to help people and if a PR comes my way, so be it! I will fight to show my point of view which is what I am doing now and as I already mentioned I had no malicious intent to Metagame nor did I use it to my advantage in any way, therefore it is not that big of an issue, and also I did not use any information making me believe it is not metagaming!

Mate, in my opinion, you're taking this slightly out of context.
No-one needs to be 'slaughtered' over it, only educated.
Your reasoning behind doing it quite frankly is none of my business.

(Jun 1, 2019, 12:37 AM)henryhouse12 Wrote: [ -> ],

As I said I was trying to help them, not ask them to pick me up and give me a ride to my car so I can collect it and get my weapons back! I had no malicious intent to Metagame nor did I use it to my advantage in any way, as you could clearly see by me trying to help the person. Meta-gaming from what I remember is using OOC things IC to your advantage. So explain to me how is me showing someone where the drug dealer for the first time is using OOC info to my advantage IC? Did you see me calling the SWAT to arrest them? No! Did I shoot them and take their car and impound it? No! Did I try and help them because I have been in a similar situation and know how frustrating it can be when people don't answer? Yes!

This is why I took the time, and apparently broke a rule in doing so, and with all due respect, if anyone did break a rule I don't care what anyone else says, I should be the one slaughtered for it and if I am, I still did the right thing in my eyes! I am not saying I don't care but I am trying to help people and if a PR comes my way, so be it! I will fight to show my point of view which is what I am doing now and as I already mentioned I had no malicious intent to Metagame nor did I use it to my advantage in any way, therefore it is not that big of an issue, and also I did not use any information making me believe it is not metagaming!

Under investigation
Approved and closed,

I understand that you are trying to help here Henry and yeah it can be argued that's meta-gaming. Because, you are relaying the IC location of the drug dealer to people in OOC, which is the definition of meta-gaming providing/using information that is given to you by OOC means, regardless if this is being used as an advantage or not.

Is the weed dealer's location given out to people in OOC? Yeah, but in all honesty, it shouldn't be.

So technically have you broken a rule yes, is it widely enforced in the situation no. So due to the situation at hand, I won't be issuing a punishment, and for everyone, not just you the location of the weed dealer should be found out ICly just like everything else should be so we avoid situations like this in the future.