Limelight Forums

Full Version: Discord False Ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Code:
[b]Your Name:[/b]  Amy

[b]Ban ID:[/b] none

[b]Banned by:[/b] Bambo

[b]Server:[/b] discord

[b]Ban Reason:[/b] not following staff orders apparently

[b]Why should you be unbanned?:[/b]  Some guy makes a ur mom joke i dm him that i found that offensive cause my mom passed away.. blocked him.. he takes it to general chat making fun of me, i reply, we argue, staff tells us to stop, so I did, he keeps tagging a staff member asking r u gonna let them get away with bla bla bla and so that staff tags me asking how i will appeal in april and i said i will ill be fine and he says sorry bout ur mom then bans me... and i got denied for april unban anyways but ya, false bans everywhere

[b]Evidence:[/b]
The staff-members have received your unban-request, zharkan16.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Your ban was issued by ‍.
(May 30, 2019, 07:16 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]Your ban was issued by ‍.

thanks fixed it
Hello Zharkan,

Apologies but "False"?

I have multiple staff members to back me up on the fact that you were extremely hostile and didn't back down even when warned.

I'll ask other staff members who witnessed this to give their views.
Evening Zharkan,

I informed you to stop 3 times, in which you continued to talk to Brin, you were also informed by Oneshott to stop as well as, another member in the community, at the time that you should arguing but you failed to do so. But you continued to fight, instead of calming down and taking a break from discord. Bambo then gave you the final warning and after not complying you were banned.
I understand what happened to your mother would've been traumatic for you, but not everyone on the internet will know the event happened and as such a joke being made by someone may offend you personally.

I personally, wouldn't call the ban 'false' due to the fact you didn't stop when being told to 5-6 times by members of staff, we gave you a plenty amount of warnings and time to stop arguing with Brin.
Hello, I was asked to put my views here by Bambo of the ban and the related situation.

I remember you and Brin going at it in the public discord, some nasty stuff was said. I decided to tell you both to cut it off and yet it continued for a while. This eventually resulted in the ban.

The underlying issues though that caused this ban is that you get upset and target someone anytime they:
- Use the word mom
- Say something about you that you dislike
- Talk about family
- Make a joke that was not directed at you

There are probably more examples of this but I have seen this on multiple occasions, so that is my view on the situation.

The joke was directed at me, and ‍ I did stop shortly after you said stop, that guy kept tagging ‍ telling him are you gonna let them say that? bla bla bla bla and then BAMBO tagged me, I was not typing or arguing with that kid whatsoever, bambo tagged me I replied to you bambo and then you asked me a question I replied to it, you said sorry about my mom but you will be banning me now and so you did...

So actually yes the ban is a 100% false if you are gonna claim the ban is for "not following staff orders" as I did stop like when stell said to stop that kid is the 1 who continued tagging and saying r u gonna let them get away with that... 

I only replied to Bambo when YOU tagged me... so how did i disobey's staff's orders? 

‍ 

when u make up ur story get back to me
"Bambo then gave you the final warning and after not complying you were banned."
Lol bambo never warned shit, he tagged me asking about how I will appeal in april with this behaviour, I replied, he said well sorry about your mother in a different way tho but then he said ill be banning you now.. 

due to the fact you didn't stop when being told to 5-6 times by members of staff, we gave you a plenty amount of warnings and time to stop arguing with Brin.

another lie cause I wasn't told to stop 5-6 times lol u said stop maybe 2 times and i did then and then brin kept tagging bambo and saying r u gonna let them say that bla bla bla 

i didnt reply TILL bambo tagged me... so nice made up stories I cant wait to hear ur reply
and see heres one thing i dont do, lie to get my ass outta trouble, ill say the truth all the way through, i dont need to fucking lie, seems like u guys need to cause u just wanna keep me banned which is fine but truth is what ur saying is bs lol if ur tryna tell me i was banned for not listening to staff then... actually brin deserves that ban more than i do as i did stop and he continued to tag bambo

IF ur LOGIC tells u that replying to a staff that TAGGED ME = me arguing with brin then i dont know what to tell u tbh lol 

get ur facts right then come back to me and i mean i dont remember onshott even being involved but he doesnt even seem to have his facts right either... claiming the joke wasnt even towards me and claims that i get mad when someone talks about family or their mom.. idc if u talk about ur family or mom or dad

he made a joke towards MY dead mother, i simply dmed him explaining i didnt like that cause of her being dead, i blocked him cause well i didnt wanna bother arguing, what he does next is go back to general and make fun of how i blocked him over that and so on and thats when the argument started 

AGAIN another thing LL staff fail to do cause they are so professional, investigate and stop the problem by who started it, happens 24/7 lol even in my 2017 ban, cop mugs me i rage cause staff too lazy to come, i get banned for rage when they couldve stopped it

BUT POINT IS... u guys dont do ur job properly, i did follow staff's instructions, i only replied when the staff aka bambo tagged me...
Oh boy here we go again.

More shifting the blame.
More blaming others for your own actions.
More refusing to see any issues with your own actions.
More looking at tiny specifics of what's being said and using that to ignore the entire post.
I wonder where I've seen that before.

I wonder.
(Apr 29, 2019, 10:21 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]The day you actually listen is the day pigs fly.

I've wasted a lot of time arguing with you and its constantly going around in circles because like its already been figured out in this thread, you're stubborn. 

And constantly saying HR don't do their jobs is a big bit of bullshit because we normally spend around an hour listening to you first. Then when we try and explain it to you, you still don't listen and you'd only be happy if it went your way, however for as long as i'm here its not gonna happen. You can't throw your toys out the pram, and constantly expect people wipe your arse for you.

Sorry I was a few days late to the thread.

What other.
(Apr 27, 2019, 07:01 PM)Lewwings77 Wrote: [ -> ]From reading your latest paragraph, I've finally come to a shocking discovery: You're stubborn, don't accept anything that goes against you, and will only accept things that support/benefit you.

This should of been clear to me from the start, but now you've set it in stone that when an SAHR and Dev-Admin conclude nothing is wrong, you won't accept it and instead drag their names through the mud in an attempt at some sort of comeback.

Petty.

Posts.
(Apr 27, 2019, 10:23 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]
Lewwings77 Wrote:Zharkan, you have a flawed logic and a constant inability to see that negative events surrounding you are caused by YOUR actions, not because of staff bias, illuminatiati, or a major anti-zhark conspiracy.
Honestly, this is what I've written below in so many words, though my opinion holds some more nuance.
There are factors which make your responses worse, and only so much that can be done, but your actions are your own.
You have to take responsibility for what you do.

I could.
ForceGhost Wrote:As incompetent as some of the LL staff team are, I'm sure they were aware that your comments were intended OOCly and your perma ban is well deserved. I personally think you should stay banned as there should be a zero tolerance policy to sending death threats to anyone, not just staff members.

Copy and Paste.
zharkan16 Wrote:and i love how i got perm banned off discord for defending my dead mother Smile guy makes a mom joke that offends me and i dmed him in private that it offended me because she is dead and then blocked him, message should still show up, he then goes to general chat to make fun of that and we argue, staff break the fight up, he starts tagging staff and then a staff tags me saying "I dont know how u will appeal in april condolence about your mother but I will be banning u now" and he did perm ban me
Now, discord auto-deletes messages when people are banned, but other people's messages are still there.
Now, either other people deleted messages too, or you were told 4 times to stop, by 2 staff members. Another community member also advised you to stop.

From that thread.
(Apr 27, 2019, 10:23 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't follow fairly a simple rule,
Discord Rules Wrote:- Do not argue with staff decisions.
Then being banned is the expected outcome, and that's fair.

And still be relevant?
zharkan16 Wrote:im being banned for shit like as if i hacked the server or some shit...
some of these staff hand out these bans like Oprah, YOU GET A BAN AND YOU GET A BAN AND YOU GET A BAN...
No, you're being banned for shit that did. Repeatedly breaking smaller rules, until your record grew and grew. That's LL policy. If you don't learn, your punishments increase.
And yes, you get more bans with the more shit you do. See above.

Oh dear.

Serious administratory bit now.
I cannot in any good faith support an unban at the current time, when it's clear you haven't learnt anything from any interactions with either the staff or community as a whole.
(May 31, 2019, 09:18 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]Oh boy here we go again.

More shifting the blame.
More blaming others for your own actions.
More refusing to see any issues with your own actions.
More looking at tiny specifics of what's being said and using that to ignore the entire post.
I wonder where I've seen that before.

I wonder.
(Apr 29, 2019, 10:21 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]The day you actually listen is the day pigs fly.

I've wasted a lot of time arguing with you and its constantly going around in circles because like its already been figured out in this thread, you're stubborn. 

And constantly saying HR don't do their jobs is a big bit of bullshit because we normally spend around an hour listening to you first. Then when we try and explain it to you, you still don't listen and you'd only be happy if it went your way, however for as long as i'm here its not gonna happen. You can't throw your toys out the pram, and constantly expect people wipe your arse for you.

Sorry I was a few days late to the thread.

What other.
(Apr 27, 2019, 07:01 PM)Lewwings77 Wrote: [ -> ]From reading your latest paragraph, I've finally come to a shocking discovery: You're stubborn, don't accept anything that goes against you, and will only accept things that support/benefit you.

This should of been clear to me from the start, but now you've set it in stone that when an SAHR and Dev-Admin conclude nothing is wrong, you won't accept it and instead drag their names through the mud in an attempt at some sort of comeback.

Petty.

Posts.
Lewwings77 Wrote:Zharkan, you have a flawed logic and a constant inability to see that negative events surrounding you are caused by YOUR actions, not because of staff bias, illuminatiati, or a major anti-zhark conspiracy.
Honestly, this is what I've written below in so many words, though my opinion holds some more nuance.
There are factors which make your responses worse, and only so much that can be done, but your actions are your own.
You have to take responsibility for what you do.

I could.
ForceGhost Wrote:As incompetent as some of the LL staff team are, I'm sure they were aware that your comments were intended OOCly and your perma ban is well deserved. I personally think you should stay banned as there should be a zero tolerance policy to sending death threats to anyone, not just staff members.

Copy and Paste.
zharkan16 Wrote:and i love how i got perm banned off discord for defending my dead mother Smile guy makes a mom joke that offends me and i dmed him in private that it offended me because she is dead and then blocked him, message should still show up, he then goes to general chat to make fun of that and we argue, staff break the fight up, he starts tagging staff and then a staff tags me saying "I dont know how u will appeal in april condolence about your mother but I will be banning u now" and he did perm ban me
Now, discord auto-deletes messages when people are banned, but other people's messages are still there.
Now, either other people deleted messages too, or you were told 4 times to stop, by 2 staff members. Another community member also advised you to stop.

From that thread.
(Apr 27, 2019, 10:23 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't follow fairly a simple rule,
Discord Rules Wrote:- Do not argue with staff decisions.
Then being banned is the expected outcome, and that's fair.

And still be relevant?
zharkan16 Wrote:im being banned for shit like as if i hacked the server or some shit...
some of these staff hand out these bans like Oprah, YOU GET A BAN AND YOU GET A BAN AND YOU GET A BAN...
No, you're being banned for shit that did. Repeatedly breaking smaller rules, until your record grew and grew. That's LL policy. If you don't learn, your punishments increase.
And yes, you get more bans with the more shit you do. See above.

Oh dear.

Serious administratory bit now.
I cannot in any good faith support an unban at the current time, when it's clear you haven't learnt anything from any interactions with either the staff or community as a whole.

This is a discord unban appeal cause the discord ban is complete bullshit, we argued stell said stop, i stopped at 2nd time, kid keeps tagging bambo, bambo tags me, i reply to bambo, if ur gonna tell me my ban reason is for not listening to staff then ur logic is completely missing lol
Im sorry u guys are used to getting dick rides, i dont do that : ) 

TRUTH IS.. its a bullshit ban, u can defend each other, truth is, i did stop, that guy kept tagging a staff after staff told us to stop, so how are you gonna tell me im banned for not following orders? 

its called COMMON SENSE... something u guys lack sometimes to be honest..

and idc if the community doesnt like me or staff dont like me, u guys dont mean shit to me if all ur gonna do with ur life is sit here and lie to defend urself cause that wont get u anywhere in life or be sad and get off off of getting on me lol 

SOO point is... you can love me or hate me, it wont make me or break me

now Doc thanks for the essay but to the banning admin and stell, if u dont have stories to make up id like my unban for ur false ban now : D
‍ sent you a PM got it or didnt send? cause I dont see it in my sent
Yes, because snarky comments such as "ur logic is completely missing" and "id like my unban now" will definitely sway opinions in your favour.

I appreciate you don't like the fact that you're banned (nor does anyone really) but that doesn't excuse the remarks. Whether you feel the ban is bullshit is irrelevant, as that's for the staff member and HR to decide. We're staff members for a reason, and we've got a very good judgement of how the rules work and what's deemed as acceptable and not acceptable, until you find yourself in a staff position in the community I'm not sure you'd be able to rule on what punishments are deemed as "bullshit".

You are continuing to deny the entire situation, similar to your in-game ban which you had denied for months up until recently, where we discussed it in my DM's. We don't ask for "dick rides", we ask for honesty and a bit of forgiveness on your side to show us how you've changed and why it won't happen again. If that isn't something you're willing to provide, I fail to see why I should support an unban.

Even if you did listen to staff, your ban took into account how you were also highly aggressive, this isn't something we need in the community whatsoever and I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that aggression of any sort, towards anyone isn't acceptable as I'm sure you've found out through your bans for player disrespect. Whilst I like you as a person, I cannot in good faith support an unban when you've been making such remarks to staff members - it doesn't paint you in a good light at all.

As a result, I won't be supporting an unban but wish you luck in the future.
Pages: 1 2