Limelight Forums

Full Version: fearrp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why should i be "scared" of someone whos got me at knifepoint when i got a p90 on my back and i can spray their ass down???

fearrp make no sense hurting my head
Cause they can stab you before you can get the gun off your back

Eddie

"In 1983, an article written by a Salt Lake City police officer named Dennis Tueller was published in a law enforcement journal. The article was titled “How Close is too Close?” It dealt with the premise of a man armed with a holstered handgun defending against a man armed with a striking or stabbing instrument. Through experimentation, Tueller developed what became known as the "21-Foot Rule," which concluded if a bad guy armed with a knife or a club was within 21 feet of you, the reasonable conclusion would be you were within his danger zone. In other words, the bad guy could cover 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds—before you could draw your handgun and neutralize the threat."
Because some Bs called FearRP exists.
(May 30, 2019, 08:31 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]"In 1983, an article written by a Salt Lake City police officer named Dennis Tueller was published in a law enforcement journal. The article was titled “How Close is too Close?” It dealt with the premise of a man armed with a holstered handgun defending against a man armed with a striking or stabbing instrument. Through experimentation, Tueller developed what became known as the "21-Foot Rule," which concluded if a bad guy armed with a knife or a club was within 21 feet of you, the reasonable conclusion would be you were within his danger zone. In other words, the bad guy could cover 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds—before you could draw your handgun and neutralize the threat."

a lil stab wound wont hurt if i can "neutralize the threat" and walk away innit

Eddie

(May 31, 2019, 05:32 AM)greg Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 30, 2019, 08:31 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]"In 1983, an article written by a Salt Lake City police officer named Dennis Tueller was published in a law enforcement journal. The article was titled “How Close is too Close?” It dealt with the premise of a man armed with a holstered handgun defending against a man armed with a striking or stabbing instrument. Through experimentation, Tueller developed what became known as the "21-Foot Rule," which concluded if a bad guy armed with a knife or a club was within 21 feet of you, the reasonable conclusion would be you were within his danger zone. In other words, the bad guy could cover 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds—before you could draw your handgun and neutralize the threat."

You would be stabbed (probably multiple times) before you would have the opportunity to pull your firearm.
(May 30, 2019, 08:00 AM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Cause they can stab you before you can get the gun off your back

+Support
this question hurt my head.

Have you been stabbed before?
(Jun 6, 2019, 03:36 PM)Ekron Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you been stabbed before?

have you
so lets just put this in American. because you have a boom boom on your back doesn't mean that you can pull your boom boom out faster than someone in the stabbing distance can stab your face.
No, I ain't been stabbed. But i hear it's a very painful experience and to be fair, i think if someone even got a glancing penitrating blow on your arm, thats it. Your buggered, no chance to get a weapon out and use it.

Besides. FearRP is cool. I actually like it (But then i don't tend to play roles where I'm bound by it)
If you are within striking distance and there is nothing between you and the item he is holding in his hands, you will get hit before you have the chance to pull your gun halfway to a viable shooting position in real life, while in the game it is almost effortless to take out your firearm and shoot someone, FearRP is there to keep it realistic.

Question answered mutiple times, thread archived.