Limelight Forums

Full Version: Community Input - F1 Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community,

Most of our new UI's follow a new design, colour template and ease of use following the release of the HUD.

I started working on a concept for the F1 however, as we do not have many suggestions by you regarding the F1 menu, I wanted to ask you what would you like to see in the F1 menu? Design wise, content-wise.

If you can't hop on the server to brainstorm with the F1 menu in mind, the initial release of the F1 should be close enough to the current version.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11582.html
Just make it crash the game less and make it suit the GUI. All I care about. Oh and maybe add skills in character?
Access to call Teachers and Staff from the F1 menu aswell as using the commands. 

Some players do not know how to contact both staff and teachers, make it easier for them. Also, would be pretty cool
Remove the trading card system because as far as I'm aware this isn't being continued.

Add tips to the homepage as well, maybe have the ones which have already been submitted and have it on a scroll bar. Also, a command tab so that new players are able to understand which commands they can use along with a little explanation of which command does what and who can use it.

Don't know if it's possible but have the option in the character menu to spin yourself around to look at your back. Maybe even add a way to add clothing customisations through this as well?

Also, add a way to see your skills.

Not sure, but from when I tested a while ago the quick manufacture button wouldn't do it to inventory, so if they are staying in the new design have it so they manufacture to inventory.

Not sure if this is still an issue but fix it so that REPs aren't hidden behind the description text as this has caused people to accidentally buy products which they are unable to use.

Eddie

Sometimes it can load slowly when you press F1, making it so it would load quicker would be nice. (normally when I just join the server this happens)
(May 21, 2019, 06:58 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Just make it crash the game less and make it suit the GUI. All I care about. Oh and maybe add skills in character?

Skills in character is a nice idea. Early concepts I created show recently levelled up skills and unlocked achievements when you first open the menu. This might change in the future though.

(May 21, 2019, 07:01 PM)Zaidplays Wrote: [ -> ]https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-24324.html

Could have hints overlay on top right with the ability to go to the next page while not making a new tab. I don't want to crowd the menu with tabs and use the entire screen instead of just the center.

(May 21, 2019, 07:04 PM)Apollo Wrote: [ -> ]Access to call Teachers and Staff from the F1 menu aswell as using the commands. 

Some players do not know how to contact both staff and teachers, make it easier for them. Also, would be pretty cool

Maybe a help tab, or buttons next to the hints on the top right, as I mentioned to Zaid. Great idea.

(May 21, 2019, 07:09 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the trading card system because as far as I'm aware this isn't being continued.

Add tips to the homepage as well, maybe have the ones which have already been submitted and have it on a scroll bar. Also, a command tab so that new players are able to understand which commands they can use along with a little explanation of which command does what and who can use it.

Don't know if it's possible but have the option in the character menu to spin yourself around to look at your back. Maybe even add a way to add clothing customisations through this as well?

Also, add a way to see your skills.

Not sure, but from when I tested a while ago the quick manufacture button wouldn't do it to inventory, so if they are staying in the new design have it so they manufacture to inventory.

Not sure if this is still an issue but fix it so that REPs aren't hidden behind the description text as this has caused people to accidentally buy products which they are unable to use.

Thinking about calling the tab Events instead. We had events like Advent Calendar last Christmas, so I don't want to dismiss the tab all together.

For the tips, as I replied to Zaid.

Character Rotation - Sounds a bit more complex to do, but will brainstorm about it.

Skills - Yep, already have a plan to make skills easily accessed.

(May 21, 2019, 07:26 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes it can load slowly when you press F1, making it so it would load quicker would be nice. (normally when I just join the server this happens)

I believe optimization of the F1 will come first priority, and sadly features will come second. I don't want to overload the F1 with features and then have people wait 1 minute to open it, and it wouldn't be an upgrade or update if it works worse than before as well. Hopefully, all will turn out great <3

We could maybe even have a lite version of the F1 that you can choose to use, I'll look into that idea.

Thank you for your input, if you have anymore ideas let me know!
For me, opening on the first time I press it and not the third or fourth would be nice.
Make an organized and comprehensive "commands" tab. 

Change the colour scheme to something lighter than what it is so it sticks out more.

Make the inventory tab more accessible in these ways:
>sort the drop-down tab for accessing different sections of your inventory in alphabetical order
>Make icons and names of items more noticeable and easier to read
>Allow people to bookmark/pin certain items to make them stand out better with a gold border (or whatever colour suits your fancy)
>Add a filter/search option for inventory

Create a "use multiple" option

(I'll be adding anything else that I can think of later)

Guv

Add A Commands Tab With a list full of Commands On How To Use /me and /it's and how to contact staff etc. as this would make it so much easier for new players