Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ban appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: [font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²:RP] Dav1d1050[/font]

Ban ID: 9025

Banned by: @[font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²] Stell90[/font]

Server: Truenorth

Ban Reason: Changing jobs to avoid RP

Why should you be unbanned?: I was in a police chase. I had escaped for a couple of minutes. Then i decided to become a black market dealer. This had no correlation with me being in a police chase. I was not warranted with a BOLO or an arrest. As I said earlier I had escaped the chase a fair amount of time prior to my job change. 

Also when i had changed jobs i had changed my name to Jerry Trudos and started to roleplay as my previous' characters brother. For a change of scenary

Evidence: I was not recording at this time
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Dav1d1050.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I was going to bring you onto a roof before I handed out the ban but, from what I've seen in the logs and heard from Dan I believed there was enough for me to justify a ban against you.

Quote:v1a [20:24:26] [C3] Dan (STEAM_0:0:80374954) said "/pursuit"

So at this point, the pursuit started

Quote:v1a [20:25:48] [L²:RP] Dav1d1050 (STEAM_0:1:239610099) said "//dan you nearly said the words but i got away in time thank fuck"
I'm assuming that by this point you had already lost Dan

Quote:v1a [20:26:30] [C3] Dan (STEAM_0:0:80374954)said "/warrant dav303 arrest reckless driving, fleeing to elude, theft"

Quote:v1a [20:26:47] [L²:RP] Dav1d1050 (STEAM_0:1:239610099) changed to team Black Market Dealer
And you have changed jobs here, 1 minute isn't long enough to change jobs or leave the server after you have been wanted by the police. You need to be waiting around about 10 minutes before you change jobs after getting involved in an RP situation like this. Hence why you have received a ban for this.
I did not choose to leave the server my internet turns off at 20:31 GMT or 21:31 in UK
(May 17, 2019, 06:04 PM)Dav1d1050 Wrote: [ -> ]I did not choose to leave the server my internet turns off at 20:31 GMT or 21:31 in UK

I was just informing you for context reasons. The ban was over the fact you changed jobs during an RP situation.
(May 17, 2019, 06:07 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 17, 2019, 06:04 PM)Dav1d1050 Wrote: [ -> ]I did not choose to leave the server my internet turns off at 20:31 GMT or 21:31 in UK

I was just informing you for context reasons. The ban was over the fact you changed jobs during an RP situation.

I thought that as i had escaped we were all good and that as that rp had finished, therefore i changed jobs.
(May 17, 2019, 06:12 PM)Dav1d1050 Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 17, 2019, 06:07 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought that as i had escaped we were all good and that as that rp had finished, therefore i changed jobs.

You received a warrant and police were still looking for you escaping, the police found your vehicle but you were nowhere nearby it. This was when the @ call was made and that it was discovered that you had changed jobs to avoid arrest.
I was unaware of the warrant. I had escaped fully, i was not in an active pursuit so therefore i believed the RP to be over.

Just like the raid RP yesterday. it is over when everyone was dead.
Quote:1.3 - Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. If you suddenly have to go, inform the people you are roleplaying with via LOOC and give them a few minutes to conclude the RP. If you are unable to stay for those few minutes, we recommend that you go AFK instead of disconnecting and inform staff via @.

If you are wanted by the police and need to leave, hide somewhere and wait a few minutes to ensure the police did not end up finding you before leaving.
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-22146.html
(May 17, 2019, 06:55 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:1.3 - Do not reconnect, suicide, change job or do anything else to avoid a roleplay situation. If you suddenly have to go, inform the people you are roleplaying with via LOOC and give them a few minutes to conclude the RP. If you are unable to stay for those few minutes, we recommend that you go AFK instead of disconnecting and inform staff via @.

If you are wanted by the police and need to leave, hide somewhere and wait a few minutes to ensure the police did not end up finding you before leaving.
I did hide for a little while in the Truenorth Medical Centre car park.
(May 17, 2019, 07:07 PM)Dav1d1050 Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 17, 2019, 06:55 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]

Looking at the logs, that seemed to only be 1 minute long.
(May 17, 2019, 11:12 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 17, 2019, 07:07 PM)Dav1d1050 Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 17, 2019, 06:55 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-22146.html

Looking at the logs, that seemed to only be 1 minute long.
Although it was short I did attempt all the rules
Approved and closed,

After bringing this up internally and having 2 staff members comment their opinion on it, we've come to the conclusion that this was a valid changing of your job, as you weren't under gunpoint nor in a pursuit as well as being within the city limits at the time.

Personally, at the time of issuing it, I saw it as something which could've given you an advantage over the cop. But, relooking at the evidence I admit there was a fault in my judgement.

The ban will be removed from record and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.