Limelight Forums

Full Version: Wut?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name: 
twitch.tv/idankcai
Ban ID:
Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. ()

Server: 
TrueNorth
Ban Reason:
Punch-whoring and threatening to kidnap someone to work for my cult when asked not to.
Why should you be unbanned?: 
If I recall I don't think I was told not to when I made my @ call. And if I am not wrong henryhouse didn't say not to either. As for the punch-whoring I wasn't aware of punching people was a rule infraction. Also may I add I wasn't the person who initated the punching as henry attempted to punch me various amounts of times. I looked all in the rules in the game and I couldn't  see it anywhere, unless I missed it. As for the kidnapping I was saying that semi seriously I of course wasn't going to do it as I was still waiting for admin permission, to prove that I made several calls asking for it, I wouldn't ask to do something then go ahead and do it without permission, that defeats the purpose of me asking.
My clip unfortunately does not show when the punching first started, but I bet with damage logs or something it will show I was not the first guy to attack. and hopefully if ‍ is honest he will admit he was the one who punched first.
If you are wondering why I punched him there is because last time I saw him we were in a fight, and that RP backround made me want to fight again as I saw him again literally 2 mins after we had a fight.
I would also like to ask, why did you respond to him making a report about me 'kidnapping and punchwhoring' but you didn't respond to me asking about doing that rp? Don't take this personally but see where I am coming from here, it seemed like you wanted me to get banned? I know this is most likely not the case but it kind of looks that way.
Evidence:
https://youtu.be/C1X0FS3wroo
The staff-members have received your unban-request, iDankCai.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
The punchwhoring was added to explain the situation, and didn't factor into your punishment.

I did respond to you, but it was via the relay.
Quote:Doctor Internet: // sorry im on the shitter
Doctor Internet: // no you cant force people to join your cult.

I came back, saw a call, I quote
Quote:twitch just pucnhed me for being out of my car, part of an rp where he told me 'grow weed or you'll die'

That seemed to be the exact RP that you had asked before, and had been denied.
Ok well after re-watching the footage I missed that when I was looking up some items in the market, however, even if I did see that, there was a good 14 people on the server how was I supposed to know that was for me? If it was a staff reply I would of heard it and could of checked it and knew it was for me.
And what henry said there is only giving half the context. I was in his pizza shop and he started punching me for standing on a table by accident, I then started punching back and we basically had a RP streetfight, and I didn't punch him for 'being out of his car' because as I explained we had a street-fight litreally 2 minutes earlier and he ran off and I lost him, I was basically resuming it.  I bet damage logs shows he was punching me first and there was a amount of punching between us.
I did not kidnap him, one reason why is because he literally pulled a gun out when I was un-armed, the logs will show he brought out the gun.
I don't understand how you can believe his word over mine when I have proof showing what I did, all I did was make a threat saying I would as a joke, hence why I walked off when he blanked me and didn't actually kidnap him, because I thought he had enough of the joke, and because I was still at the time waiting for the staff response as I didn't see it then.
Might I also add you said you 'explicitly' told me, replying in ooc wasn't explicit at all, it's a chat where you could literally speak to anyone and everyone.
You still knew it wasn't allowed, as you asked for permission to do it.
If you knew it wasn't allowed, why did you threaten people with it?
I didn't know it wasn't alowed at the time, I was waiting for a staff response because of the alert will get my attention, what are the chances that after 5 mins of my asking I look in OOC and see you and automatically think you're responding to me? 
Furthermore I didn't really threaten him, it was a joke, an obvious joke, as I said, that is why I left after henry stopped talking in the rp because I thought he had enough of the joke. And as I said even if I was threatening him with it, it wouldn't even be possible for me to carry it out without breaking fearp as he had a weapon out when I was unarmed.
If I threaten someone saying I will RDM then and don't do it? Would that be a bannable offence because if it was you would be very busy with banning people for saying 'I will kill you' even thought 9 times out of 10 they don't and it was a empty threat/joke because if they actually did it they would get banned.
As I said before it wasn't a threat it was clearly in my opinion an obvious joke.
And maybe part of why I said random stuff like that is because my job was literally 'Local Nutter' I was RPing as some crazy guy. And before this event I was doing the exact thing, going around saying crazy stupid stuff, like the 'threat' I made.
If you knew it needed staff permission but didn't see any member of staff telling you it's okay/not okay, you don't automatically default to it being allowed.

I would have expected you to read OOC. Even if you didn't, you're still at fault for assuming you had proper permissions. You clearly knew something like that would require staff to be onboard hence the @ call, why you proceeded w/o you fully being aware is beyond me, and in my opinion the punishment is justified.
(May 11, 2019, 04:01 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]If you knew it needed staff permission but didn't see any member of staff telling you it's okay/not okay, you don't automatically default to it being allowed.

I would have expected you to read OOC. Even if you didn't, you're still at fault for assuming you had proper permissions. You clearly knew something like that would require staff to be onboard hence the @ call, why you proceeded w/o you fully being aware is beyond me, and in my opinion the punishment is justified.
It was a joke the admins are taking it as if I actually did was I said I was going to do. This was an in character thing I said, I was RPing as a lunatic that says this stuff, it says in my job 'Local Nutter' I don't see many RDM bans for people who say 'i will kill you'
 Yes I did say that but right after I walked off because I knew I couldn't do it and I knew even if I were to try it I would be insta-killed because of the guy having a gun that he showed 2 minutes prior. 
I also don't understand how you can start a conversation in the @ but reply in ooc like how am I supposed to know it's directed at me? I am not constantly checking OOC, I doubt anyone really is unless they're already engaged in a conversation there. I would of thought the point of the ping sound you get from a staff response was there to tell you that you specifically got a reply and if you are busy in the market like I was you can't miss it because you would of heard it instead it showing in the bottom left corner in a global chat where you can be talking to anyone for 2 seconds.
From what I saw, during that situation, you had began an RP where either you had been told not to, or not granted permission yet.

Whether it was or not, that's what I saw in your RP interaction.
What made you think that I looked like I have started the RP? I didn't tie him up, I didn't aim a weapon at him i didn't do anything but say something then walk off. That was a joke, I am really finding it hard to see your perspective on how it looks like the RP was actually started. There is a high difference in saying and starting something.
Say if I said I was going to RDM someone, then I start shooting them, when I start shooting that's when the RDM actually started not when I said I would.
I ask you to be poignant here, I made a joke I would do something, I walked away and left it and never contacted him again, my job was a 'Local Nutter' so I was RPing as a crazy person who says random things, and it shows that I was doing that at the time with my job name I am not making this up now as if it was un-submitted evidence.
You had made the threat. From me looking in, you had made the threat, an action to starting the RP.

From my perspective, you'd started the RP, without permission.
Words and actions are completely different. I don't find it very reasonable that you are allowed to control the context and intent of my words. I know why I said that, I know the opinion that I hold and the reality of the situation is I didn't do any actions or show I was kidnapping him and I said it to show my RP as a crazy person, If you want to reject that reality and substitute it with your own, that isn't very fair on my side and it looks like opinions are covering over facts here. Most people that see some of the characters I do on these servers know I say some crazy things, for an example my RP of a crazy korean chef who says stuff like, 'you buy my food or I hide in the trees outside your house and wait for you.' That right there is a joke, if I were to actually do that as a chef I would be banned for FailRP. This joke just like the one where I said to henryhouse, no intent to follow through with what I said, hence again, why I walked away from the situation instead of staying there continually threatening him.
Different situations have different context.

If there was a chef who hadn't asked about it, and didn't have a history of arguing against staff decisions, then yeah, I could see that.

However.
You had asked for permission to begin that exact RP before.
You had not been granted permission.
You have a history of arguing with staff decisions.
And you have a history of starting RPs without the required permissions.

You see the difference in context there?
Pages: 1 2