Limelight Forums

Full Version: World of Warcraft Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: AlkW9Tp.png]

World of Warcraft Classic is the upcoming re-launch of Blizzard Entertainments flagship title World of Warcraft. Classic is World of Warcraft before any expansions, before transmogs, before titan forging, before the game strayed from it's roots. This is the way the game was meant to be (in my opinion).

Scheduled for release Summer 2019 (no date yet)

Any of y'all excited for WoW: Classic?
I for one am very very excited for this, never really got the chance to get WoW or to play it and all the expansions make me think that I'm not going to get the full experience without them so I'd love to just get back to basics like what this is hopefully going to do!
As someone who played classic back in the day I say it's overhyped. People will quickly realize how "bad" it was compared to the modern WoW. Things that made playing much more smooth and convenient. All these Features that are gonna be missing. 

I remember when Ion said that they will also bring back the weapon skill system and people were flipping out and cheered. Like.. wtf? Why would you hype a system that was unnecessary, ate a lot of time doing nothing but white-hitting mobs 24/7 and generally was unpleasant. I know nobody from back then who said they'll miss it when it was announced to be removed in Cataclysm.
(May 9, 2019, 03:00 PM)roxas Wrote: [ -> ]As someone who played classic back in the day I say it's overhyped. People will quickly realize how "bad" it was compared to the modern WoW. Things that made playing much more smooth and convenient. All these Features that are gonna be missing. 

I remember when Ion said that they will also bring back the weapon skill system and people were flipping out and cheered. Like.. wtf? Why would you hype a system that was unnecessary, ate a lot of time doing nothing but white-hitting mobs 24/7 and generally was unpleasant. I know nobody from back then who said they'll miss it when it was announced to be removed in Cataclysm.

These "convenience" additions is what killed the current version of WoW for me. It feels like a singleplayer game. You basically get the best gear in the game without a guild. You get teleported to dungeons and they're so braindead easy that you can go through the entire thing without saying a thing, which is the norm.
Professions are useless.
Gold is only used for cosmetics.
The world is empty and dead.
Flying mounts ruined world-pvp.
I could go on, and on. I know people scoff at the thought, but I'm one of those tinfoil hat people that belive that 6-12months after classic release, classic will have a larger playerbase than retail.