Limelight Forums

Full Version: MORDHAU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mordhau/MORDHAU is a new medieval fighter game, that was meant to be an heir to Chivalry.

Steam Store
Official Website

From what gameplay I have seen so far, it seems fun and has more in-depth mechanics than its ancestor.

Have you tried it? Have you watched videos of it? What are your thoughts?
Just bought it today and have been playing a bit. It's very fun but a bit difficult to pick up, takes some practice I'd imagine. Overall I can see myself sinking some hours into it
So I've been tempted to buy this for a few days but I really can't see how much of an improvement it is over Chivalry? Considering Chivalry ended up with a dead player base too, I'm concerned that even if I do own it, within a few months there's going to be hardly anyone to play with ...
Learning curve is a definite fucker in this game, but a few rounds on my second day playing I finally had a positive K/D!

Overally the combat system is complex and awesome with so many ways to block, parry, and strike.

Customization is the fucking B E S T and I’ve been running around with a bandit like outfit custom colored and with a sword/shield and medbag combo

Equipment variety goes from a dagger, to a crossbow, all the way down to a fucking lute you can play (It’s basically like the universal “dont kill me” item at this point).

Overall in terms of differences from Chivalry I’d say it has a better combat system, customization, equipment, and overall better feel with the maps (some have small levelution like events). Not to mention you can build defenses in certain points and stand off defenses with a builder’s kit.
i totally thought it was created by the people who made chivalry, but apparently from what i heard its made by guys who were hardcore chivalry fans

it looks good, haven't had the chance to buy or play it