Limelight Forums

Full Version: Perma Ban Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name:  whohurtyoudear

Ban ID: [font=Whitney,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]8899

Banned by: 

Server: Limelight Semi-Serious Roleplay

[/font]

Ban Reason: Double Account/Breaking ToS

Why should you be unbanned?: 

Hello admins, I was perma banned for "Double Accounting" because I was going around saying i'm on a new account and had an old one. Now I admit to saying that, and I do have another account, however that account is no longer in use anymore. I don't use it for garry's mod or the server, due to a error that keeps occurring through this one account and garry's mod, I don't know how to show you the error, but basically every single time i'd try to play garry's mod it would freeze on the loading screen then freeze my whole pc of which I had to restart or logout to get back to it, I tried multiple methods to fix it and none worked. So I decided to try making another account and playing through that which worked, I have no clue how, I not a technical expert or pc guru but I only use this account to play garry's mod, my intention was not to double account or anything malicious. As you can see from my short play time on the account, I have no blacklists or priors, I intend to roleplay as intended on the server and I am also a donator. I wouldn't donate or waste my time on a game/server if I was dedicated to it and or having fun playing it. I normally roleplay "Chop Shop - Car Thief" of which I asked admins for help on how to roleplay properly. I also do /help or admin @,s to get help on different kinds of roleplay's and the rules for them. I'm not a minge who comes on late at night with no admins and RDM's everyone. I'm here to roleplay. I'll say it again, my intentions were not to double account that was an accident, I contacted the admin "Decay" through discord to find out about this ban, and he also informed me I could've transferred my account, which I would of done if I had known. It would be great if this ban could be taking off, again I only intend to roleplay and provide to the limelight community. But I also understand if this appeal doesn't go through as I have no proof to show for the error, sadly screenshots can't be taking as the game completely crashes my pc I can't even load Task Manager so YAY awesome error that has led to my complete banishment. Anyway I digress, it would be sad if the appeal doesn't go through as I put a lot of hours and money into the server but again understandable. Thank you for taking your time to read this.  Thumbs Up

Evidence:

Only evidence I have is videos of the error and websites and steam forums with people who had the same issue.

Link 1: https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/disc...710440254/
Link 2: https://steamcommunity.com/app/4000/disc...151301880/
Link 3: https://forum.facepunch.com/gmodhelp/gjm...se-help/1/
Video Link: https://youtu.be/6DKx7ssPI1s

As you can see a lot of people have this error, there are way more steam and other forums complaining about this error and some people having to make alternative accounts due to this, requesting refunds etc. The "Fix" videos do not work, atleast for more and a lot of other people. I can't take any screenshots of recordings of the error as stated in my appeal.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, jordan5616.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Fix your OP with the template and I'll make a response, otherwise I'll need to deny it I'm afraid.
You seem to be mentioning issues about your game freezing up but this has no relation as to why you DA'd only two days into your punishment.
DA'd double accounted? is that what that means, if so I wasn't even sure if I was banned, I couldn't get back on to my garry's mod cause of some stupid error, which seems to be corelated with my Geforce Experience. I don't have a forum login for that account either. I did not make a new account with the intention of breaking rules, if I did I would of done so already that's what ALT account trolls do. I wouldn't spend money and hours on a server I wanted to just get a fat ban on.
Well I mean that's how it seems.

You waited just two days into your punishment, you created the account (whohurtyoudear) on the 16th, connected the same day and proceeded to play under that account, whilst evading your ban under DankKingdom. Just because you weren't sure whether you were banned or not isn't an excuse, we have a bans page for a reason.
It might seem like that but its not, I did not intend to double account, and I also checked forums for my ban, I don't have an account for that account on here so I just tried to find it as a guest and couldn't find it, so I was unsure and so created a new account due to the error not allowing me to use my account. I enjoy playing on the server and wish to roleplay those are my only intentions.
You don't need to be signed up for the forums to check your ban status though?

Hover over the Courthouse tab, hit Bans. You'd have seen yourself there. I'm afraid ignorance is not bliss, especially when you consider the two accounts combined have a total playtime of nearly 150 hours, you'd be expected to know this stuff already.
I understand that, but I don't really check these things kinda let them just slide, I barely ever use the forums, I now understand I could of checked my ban that way. It was the same as when I asked Decay about this and he said I could of transferred my account If I requested it, If I had known that before I would of done that instead. Again I also understand how this must look, but like I said I only have the intention to roleplay and provide towards the server and the community of the server. If there is some way to delete my other account that had the ban and just use this account would be great, I am not looking to double account or troll and I did not intend to use that account again.
Denied.

You know what you did was wrong and you knew that you were banned. Don't try to play me on.