Limelight Forums

Full Version: Axe Ban Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Sammyfc

Ban ID: 8829

Banned by: [L²:M] Welker

Server: CityRp 2 TN Main

Ban Reason: Fearrp Under Axe Point.

Why should you be unbanned?: I think it is unclear in the rules that this comes under Fearrp. This is because, I always assumed in this game that items under the weapons category apply fearrp on people and nothing else. Because although an axe can be classed as a weapon there must be a reason that it isn't under the weapons section, not sure what this may be but anyway, if this is the concept then vehicles should be under fearrp as they conflict damage, Fists should be under fearrp as they conflict damage. Fire should be under fearrp as it conflicts damage, UV lights should be under fearrp as they conflict damage, I'm sure you can see where I am going here. Anyway back to the point of, even if I don't get my ban removed, I would just like it to be made clearer as to what calls under fearrp. 

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Sammyfc.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hi Sammy, 

As an axe is a melee weapon as well as a tool I don't see how you'd not realise it'd be FearRP. Given you've had so many prior offenses before the situation. As for drawing parallels to UV lights, I don't see the relevance. I will however gather some opinons from some other staff members on the matter and get back to you before making a conclusion.
If a boiling pot, shovel, pipe, knife, baseball bat applies FearRP it only makes sense that an axe would too, whilst not categorized under weapons it can be used as a weapon like the shovel, boiling pot, pipe etc. These are not weapons per say but are used as such.

Why the woodcutter axe isnt categorized under weapons, I think its because it's main usage isnt as a weapon, but as a tool.
(Apr 10, 2019, 12:04 PM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]If a boiling pot, shovel, pipe, knife, baseball bat applies FearRP it only makes sense that an axe would too, whilst not categorized under weapons it can be used as a weapon like the shovel, boiling pot, pipe etc. These are not weapons per say but are used as such.

Why the woodcutter axe isnt categorized under weapons, I think its because it's main usage isnt as a weapon, but as a tool.

I understand. But I am just saying I thought it was only things under the weapons section of the game. I have misunderstood this as it isn't made clear in the rules (my opinion). I would just request it is made more clear. As Welker said 'Because it conflicts damage it is fearrp' thus my thing of saying about UV lights and Cars.
Hi Sammy.

[Image: hEdngB1.png]

An axe deals damage, thus is considered a weapon. A weapon applies FearRP, melee weapons apply it whilst you're within striking range, which I believe you were.

Could you explain further how this is unclear please? I'm not entirely seeing it. Not to mention that you could have also asked the question in-game or via the rule clarifications thread, which I also believe I made you aware of the last time we spoke in-game.
This is why common sense is a very useful tool when confused about things, it deals damage and is a handheld weapon therefor it can be used to apply fearRP which you must follow.

I have consulted with my fellow staff members and as you can see there are 3 who agree that it was indeed a case of FearRP. That being said, this case will be denied.