Limelight Forums

Full Version: Random ban.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Steam Name:
twitch.tv/idankcai
Time/Date:
03/04/19
Your Steam ID:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198288359039/
Name of Staff Member:
[L²] Night
Summary/Details:
Well I have received a ban for FearRP, but that's not what I'm concerned about I am concerned about how the ban was taken out. I was in mid conversation with another person, (no fearrp was broken here, none of us had guns or anything like that.) and all of the sudden I was banned. I don't know why I was banned but the fact I got banned without any words or being picked up or anything by the mod I thought was unprofessional as even if I did break a rule or someone reported me breaking a rule, I should be spoken to and allowed to give my side of the story or a response. I'm worried because some people can be getting banned for things they may not of done because of one person saying they did, there are many people on this server if they didn't like someone they could all just tell a few lies and get someone banned. I would also like to add from past experiences with this mod I have felt this mod dislikes me and this random ban could be due to bias he has against me.
I appreciate your report, however I find it to be invalid as it doesn't match the criteria of "Is it abuse?" taken from the Report Instructions thread which I'm sure you read.

If you've broken a rule (or several), I'm not inclined to wait until it's convenient for you to ban you. In this case, I was following up on an @ call, granted I took some time in doing it because I saw further issues in the case that weren't just with you, and upon review I found that you were breaking FearRP, you had priors, so I issued a ban. The evidence was pretty clear cut to me, and I'm not required by guidelines to speak to you beforehand. Sure, it might be best practice but when the evidence is clear, I see no need to.

I can assure you I didn't just go off word of mouth alone, but used staff tools to confirm but I'm unable to detail. I'm happy to show a member of Human Resources or another member of staff to review if needs be.

Contrary to your belief, I have no issues with you whatsoever and have hardly interacted with you aside from today so not too sure where that's coming from.
Under review.
So, I've had some time to think about this. I hate to say it, I see no abuse at all. Night is just doing his job, and staff are not forced to confront you if they've seen you break a rule. As for the bias part, just because he is doing his job, and you don't like it there is no need for accusations.

Anyway, been a pleasure.

Denied.
No abuse noted.