Limelight Forums

Full Version: Un-Ban Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Sammyfc

Ban ID:8789

Banned by:  [L²] Night

Server: CityRp2

Ban Reason: Changing job title from security Guard to thug and growing weed.

Why should you be unbanned?:  Personally I didn't realise I was breaking a rule. I have been trying to teach 2 new players today and they all need money but don't understand how to grow weed, so I was helping them. And all I get from helping new players is a ban. I forgot I had the job of security guard which is basically civilian anyway, this was because I changed my job to thug so I forgot. Night then warned me on a message to change job. I shortly after got raided and arrested, then when I got out I was eating dinner for 15 mins ish. Then I got back to the house and 2 people where on my drive so I pointed a gun and asked them to leave. I then changed to police and gave my weed to a friend called SamuelSauce and Ehleeoot. At this point I instantly got taken into a @ sit and got banned after 5 mins of talking to Night. With all due respect I do not think this minor rule breakage was worth 2 days, but that is an opinion. I hope you can take my appeal into consideration and come with a response soon! 

Kind Regards 

Sammy

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Sammyfc.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
I'll ask ‍ to comment, as he was involved in the situation too.

You were told very clearly that you were a security guard with weed, and I made this out as an issue. You were arrested, and at this point you had the opportunity to switch. I was being lenient as you said you didn't want to walk all the way back, which isn't something I'd normally do might I add seeing how you're supposed to follow the rules at all times, regardless of situation unless the rule is clarified to be an exception on the Rules Q&A thread or if the rule itself specifically allows it.

You had the opportunity to change when you were unarrested, but didn't take it.

You also had the opportunity to change when you died in the firefight, which you took but only to join the police force.

It isn't my problem if you aren't aware your violating a rule, at the end of the day it's your responsibility to read them. 3.7a isn't a hard rule to follow. You have nearly 750 hours now, it isn't really acceptable. 2 days is more than fair when you also consider the blacklists put in place to make it shorter.
Apologies, but to also add to this.

If you really don't believe the suspension was worth 2 days (as my personal opinion is that it should have been longer, if I wasn't going to apply the blacklists that is), then you should really consider your record with us. You now have 8 suspensions on record with us (7 before mine was issued) as well as 14 BL's (12 before) and 5 perma warnings. That's a total of 24 administrative actions taken against you during your 750 hours here, before my actions yesterday were issued. That's a considerable amount, and with a record that big it shows me you either aren't learning from your mistakes or aren't understanding them.

I issued you the ban so you can take the time off to learn. You need to be careful, as I emphasized in the sit with you. You've had many opportunities to read up on the rules, ask questions, you've got Help & Support as well as a bunch of teachers who are quite well experienced in the gamemode too to help you which you could be utilizing.

You've got a decent sized record, hence why the suspension was issued.
I understand your viewpoint. If you feel the suspension should stay then so be it. I would like to add though that I do usually learn from my mistakes, I have never seen anything of this fashion before, nor seen someone get banned for it so I was quite unaware.
Denied.

I'm glad you learn from your mistakes but your record doesn't seem to tell me that. Spend your time off reading the rules please, and it'll do you well. Thanks for the appeal anyways.