Limelight Forums

Full Version: rule 1.6 racism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
so faustie is mean nice guy so they put a new rule in place about racism in ic and ooc

in my opinion i think this should be allowed ic

what are your thoughts
i think racism is okay Ic, why not. think of all the rp opportunity crushed.

this should be reverted, all becasue one rascist fool and his anti black clan
YIKES.
Don't know why they didn't take community input in this one. I honestly think the game is boring if we can't say what we want and the way the rule is written means just calling someone something in a derogatory way is punishable. The stated reasoning doesn't make sense. If someone is insulting a player OOC'ly, it's against the rules.

Microphone, IC chat, and PM should be considered IC forms of communication by default and if someone uses it in a way to convey an OOC-insult, whether it be by mentioning their Steam name or simply addressing them in a way that is obviously directed towards them IRL, this should not be taken lightly. 

I think it contributed greatly towards RP, but more especially CriminalRP's. I can't even fathom us going back to pre-LL times where you could get banned for calling someone a f*g or making a joke about their IC race. Who gives a hoot? Are we catering to 12-year-old kids and trying to get Disney ads running up in here? 

Since the rule was removed years ago, it went through different phases. At first, everyone took it to extremes. Ever since then it hasn't been an issue. If anything - I've seen it actually make RP more interesting. From walking past the neighborhood in Rockford as a black male and watching a group of mafiosos approach me and shake me up to doing GangRP as a predominantly African-American group that would stir up issues with the Rednecks; there was always something new and entertaining. I feel like this rule makes it almost discouraging to participate in these types of RP because not just your words will be judged but also your actions. Who is to say that me faking an Asian accent is not discriminatory? If I can't do that shit, I feel like my interest and many others will be gone. It's almost impossible to go back.

Just another thing for staff to constantly monitor and another thing players will be looking to take advantage of when someone slips up and says something... they will have the material to post a PR <not because it offends them> but rather because they don't like that individual.

Most I can say is that if it is about its usage IC, you should not make a rule prohibiting its use but rather have hard-coded filters that limit where it can be used. Limit it to IC chat and of course microphone. Code something that puts a filter in place for forms of communication that shouldn't have some of these <extreme> words in them (Broadcast, advert, etcetera) and have it also look for different variations. Make a rule prohibiting you from bypassing a language filter.
(Mar 20, 2019, 11:01 PM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]YIKES.
Don't know why they didn't take community input in this one. I honestly think the game is boring if we can't say what we want and the way the rule is written means just calling someone something in a derogatory way is punishable.

yes this is true its now oppressing people from their views
So if I call someone fireman and not firefighter I get ban because it discriminates women. ok

Next up please ban dictatorships and any kind of "extreme"-RP. Just remove RP entirely please, someone could feel discriminated by it. It is 2019 ok. 

Also, add a 3rd gender to the F1 menu. Otherwise, it is discriminatory.

This will just lead to a new flood of new player-reports and people feeling offended by bullshit.
can an admin change the poll so the answers are more clear? to avoid confusion. i cant change it on my end

change it to

"racism allowed in ic"

"racism not allowed in ic"
(Mar 20, 2019, 11:02 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]So if I call someone fireman and not firefighter I get ban because it discriminates women. ok

Next up please ban dictatorships and any kind of "extreme"-RP. Just remove RP entirely please, someone could feel discriminated by it. It is 2019 ok. 

Also, add a 3rd gender to the F1 menu. Otherwise, it is discriminatory.

This will just lead to a new flood of new player-reports and people feeling offended by bullshit.

this guy, he knows whats up, I fully agree why just this why are we not protecting other people but people of a darker pigment
(Mar 20, 2019, 11:01 PM)Nev Wrote: [ -> ]YIKES.
Don't know why they didn't take community input in this one. I honestly think the game is boring if we can't say what we want and the way the rule is written means just calling someone something in a derogatory way is punishable.

Quote:‍ - Discord

There's a lot more depth behind it which I don't believe would be appropriate for me to reveal publicly, but can shed some light perhaps?
Edit: I often ask myself why there is so much stuff "not appropriate to reveal publicly" in this community.
IC racism is In Character, in all the years we have allowed this I have only seen a handfull of cases where a player could have gone over the line.

Are we going back to the days where players are punished because of what they say ICly?

Why would we EVER want to go back to that?

Edit: The exact wording of the policy:

"Do not be racist, sexist or otherwise discriminatory. "

So a player cannot be ICly sexist and only hire men, or women, they cannot refuse to serve/hire a player RPing being in a wheelchair?

Why was this needed? Why would we want it? This sounds like somthing that would be an IC law, with IC consiquences but your now saying that if a player wants to RP a redneck who hates the women folk, and wants them out of his "Durn Sture this is mans land!" LL is going to punish him oocly for an IC action? An action that is meerly words?

Where is the line drawn on this?

I Said above that this was like the old days policy but no, this is WORSE than the old policy, it is so vague and overreaching that literaly anything can fall under it if the player is "Triggered" enough by the action.
(Mar 20, 2019, 11:20 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]IC racism is In Character, in all the years we have allowed this I have only seen a handfull of cases where a player could have gone over the line.

Are we going back to the days where players are punished because of what they say ICly?

Why would we EVER want to go back to that?

yes this is it
Having played serious roleplay for nigh on 5 years now, I have to simply say that this rule only hinders character development and is not the direction we want to go in. As a community that's starting to have discussions about deepening our RP and making it more serious, do we seriously now want to restrict our RP with this? 

Furthermore, as much as this community likes to spout about how transparent it is, Mr Nudelsalat above has a point and the staff team sure do quite like to hide behind the "there are things that we can't reveal publicly at this moment at play" card. Let's get a grip, it's a roleplay community administrated by late teens/early adults and frequented by adolescents, teenagers and young adults - it's not exactly NATO is it?

Seriously, what the fuck bois?
now i cant call someone a faggot ic when i mean it ooc frick
they're literally just finding more reasons to ban people, the server is dying because the staff ban everyone for every rulebreak, imo they should go easier on the punishments and hand out more warnings

also remove this rule please thanks Smile
When did the community ever ask for this? Who on Earth couldn't fathom the distinction between IC and OOC and cried themselves to sleep thinking someone on the internet was mean to them when it was an in-character interaction against their made-up, virtual character on a videogame. 

What next? Add the option for custom genders? Kyrie eleison...
FUCKIN LIBTARDRP
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11