Limelight Forums

Full Version: Possible fix to game crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On LL your game seems to crash a lot out of nowhere for seemingly no reason. I haven't the faintest idea on how or why this happens, but I do think I've found a fix for it that is both easy to do and easily reversible if it doesn't work out for you in the end!

What you're going to want to do is go to your Steam library and right click on your Garry's Mod game. Then, you're going to want to scroll all the way down to "properties".

[Image: 889f982e25298640c37ff1b03c04a5a3.png]

Then after you find your Gmod game properties, you're going to want to go to the "Betas" option and click on the "x86-64 - Testing 64-bit builds"

[Image: 87b7a23e4e5a7b956729399a73a5599a.png]

Does this guarantee anything? Nope! Did it work for me and seemingly everyone I recommended it to? Yep! I'm no dev, no coder, or any of that sh*t so I can't tell you how or why it works. But it works for me so give it a try and save yourself the headache of crashing all the time.
The 64-bit version will probably help a lot of people, but it could also hurt some people. The 64-bit version should improve performance and decrease hardware limit crashes, but in unique circumstances it can be unstable and cause crashes of its own. 

The 64-bit version allows the application to use more of the computer's resources (RAM) and be able to calculate more information that the 32-bit version.
works for 32-bit computers like mine too?
I think if your pc is a 32-bit system your probably better running it on 32
64 bit is unstable as shit
It makes me crash more ¯\_(✿• ͜ •)_/¯
64-bit >>>
As OP has said, try it out, if it helps, keep it on, if not, revert back to the current version.
Moved to guides and made the title less angry.