Limelight Forums

Full Version: My ban appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 

Ban ID:

Banned by: [font=Roboto, sans-serif][L²] Bark [/font]

Server: Cityrp

Ban Reason: Prop spam, Crashing the server

Why should you be unbanned?: So, I firstly want to apologize to everyone for ruining the evening by crashing the server, but back to the reason, I think I should be unbanned! So, if we start right where the problem occurred. I was trying to put new cargo on my "truck RP". In other words an admin welded a trailer to my car and I was being an abnormal load. So, I thought I would try and add restaurant furniture and take it to my usual restaurant. So I started to spawn in the chair to start with. I press it once... it doesn't spawn... so I press it again... nothing happens. Now don't ask why I did this. I know I am an idiot for pressing it more... but I did it... because I am an idiot. So what happened was I started to experience lag. I realized immediately it was me. I tried typing in OOC "Sorry guys it was my fault" hoping that an admin would take me aside and we could talk about it. Turns out Bark just straight up banned me which, to be honest, I don't blame him because if I was an admin in his position and saw the lag I would instantly permanently ban. So what I was hoping was if I could be unbanned and given a second chance as it was a genuine mistake that I probably should've thought about before I pressed the chair spawn button. I would really like a second chance as I did not intend to crash the server. In fact I would be willing to give money to everyone that I affected today, it might not be a lot but I honestly would give my money to people that I effected because I am very embarrassed and feel, excuse my language here, pretty shit because this server is the only reason I play gmod and the community is so great on limelight I feel bad for letting everyone down by crashing the server.

Evidence: I don't have any evidence except my word and some admins that I asked for help on how to make this appeal can tell you that my story is straight. This includes Mr.Marsh(welded my trailer to my car) and DoctorInternet(Helped me find the right places to write my appeal)

Again to everyone tonight I really apologize and I am sorry to everyone on the staff team for crashing the server and I hope this can be resolved and I can play limelight again, but if it isn't, it has been an honor and pleasure playing with everyone like SammyFC David Lucas and many more but I'd be here for ages writing who. The people I mentioned know who they are and the people on the server when it crashed know who they are, so hopefully know that I am apologizing to them. Have a good night and sorry for the long appeal! Just trying to be as informative as possible. 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, henryhouse12.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hey mate,

From my side we had what a lot of us thought was a full on DDOS attack from the severity of the lag. The reason I permanently banned you was literally because we needed to clear the problem as quickly as we could and the best way was to remove the "threat" 

When I banned you i didn't even know it was you, I did it via ID and didn't even see the name till It popped up.

As well as this the lag was so bad I didn't even see your message in chat.

Anyway, you seem like a nice bloke and I don't believe you did it with malice so I'll remove the ban, just be careful in future. I think having the evening off served as enough punishment.