Limelight Forums

Full Version: guilty until proven innocent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
alright so this is some bullshit no cap

me and the boys are posted up infront of some mods base and one of his teammates SHOOTS at one of us, we raid his ass for shooting at us. we get called in by an admin, the mod we are raiding (1) , and another mod (2). admin says hes been watching our asses the whole time and only stopped us once we got to the mod (1)'s weed room in his base. 

After insisting multiple times that one of the members of mod (1)'s clan shot at us, asking for a log check, and witnesses. we get called liars and are almost found guilty. idk how the admin could be watching us the whole time and not see mod(1)'s team member shoot us initiating the raid.

but thats besides the point, I actually gotta go outta of my way and upload a video to prove our innocence. its honestly bullshit that I have to fuck around and do this shit because staff members tell me in a nutshell "you're full of shit". it makes me think that if I wasn't recording what coulda happened there. we all get cucked because we raided a staff member and "lied" in an admin sit? 

i want to see your opinions, should players just be recording 24/7 because apparently logs dont show the full story as it seems. and some people turn blind eyes at crucial moments.
Staff members that involve themselves in Aggressive RP (And this is coming from my time as staff and player) are more questionable than most because they have a LOT more on the line. This may be contraband, weed, clan rep, etc. I hate to say it but if you have a less favorable community reputation such as yourself (no offense) you become a target to the “guilty until proven innocent.” I’ve seen it from staff members before and surprised no one has really caught on to it.

It doesn’t help that when you’re defending yourself staff can say “I have evidence against you, but I can’t show you it because the virtual rewind playback we have for TTT Servers is top secret even though we already told everyone about it.”

But that’s all just my opinion for personal experience. Not a lot of well RP’d Aggro staff members. Mostly just basing and flexing.
"The logs don't lie," well no they don't, but they don't tell the full truth either. Staff shouldn't be so dependant on the logs.
And on the topic of staff can we talk about the time that one member of staff posted swastikas and anti-Semitic propaganda yet nothing was done except for it being removed 🤔🤔🤔 not setting a very good example

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-24643.html
(Mar 9, 2019, 09:51 AM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]And on the topic of staff can we talk about the time that one member of staff posted swastikas and anti-Semitic propaganda yet nothing was done except for it being removed 🤔🤔🤔 not setting a very good example

Exactly, after the grave tragedy of the Shoah, anti-Semetism should not be tolerated. The admins are quick to ban anyone who says anything against Islam, or gays, but when it comes to the Jewish people - no, admins don't care. To some of them, they think the extermination of millions of innocent people is a joke.
(Mar 9, 2019, 12:31 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 9, 2019, 09:51 AM)Rydolph Wrote: [ -> ]And on the topic of staff can we talk about the time that one member of staff posted swastikas and anti-Semitic propaganda yet nothing was done except for it being removed 🤔🤔🤔 not setting a very good example

Exactly, after the grave tragedy of the Shoah, anti-Semetism should not be tolerated. The admins are quick to ban anyone who says anything against Islam, or gays, but when it comes to the Jewish people - no, admins don't care. To some of them, they think the extermination of millions of innocent people is a joke.

What makes you think that There was one case of this and you're having a dicky fit over it
(Mar 9, 2019, 01:25 PM)Tom_ Wrote: [ -> ]

What makes you think that There was one case of this and you're having a dicky fit over it

One case, two cases, 100 cases. Makes no difference to the level of hypocrisy this shows.
(Mar 9, 2019, 01:25 PM)Tom_ Wrote: [ -> ]

This is an example of an attempt to demoralise someone by saying that they're having a dicky fit, when all they're doing is giving the opinion respectfully. You're not being constructive at all...

Eddie

The Moderator in question of that would of been dealt with internally, look through the staff reports section it nearly always says something along the lines of: will be dealt with internally. That is why there is a HR team.
(Mar 9, 2019, 03:56 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]

The Moderator in question of that would of been dealt with internally, look through the staff reports section it nearly always says something along the lines of: will be dealt with internally. That is why there is a HR team.

But then what happened to the newly "transparent" staff team we were all talking about a few months ago? And considering the one who concluded the report was the one who actually got the accused to be anti-Semitic, I doubt anything was actually done.
They most likely were punished internally, but it isn’t anything major. Probably just a slap on the wrist and a “Dont do it again.” It would be nice to see staff treated with the same disciplinary actions (or even worse since they’re meant to be examples) but in reality there isn’t much they can be given. Ban them or take away their powers? That is literally only hurting the community with one less staff member. 

Honestly at the very least a formal apology to the community would be nice instead of “It’s dealt with.”
(Mar 9, 2019, 08:08 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Staff members that involve themselves in Aggressive RP (And this is coming from my time as staff and player) are more questionable than most because they have a LOT more on the line. This may be contraband, weed, clan rep, etc. I hate to say it but if you have a less favorable community reputation such as yourself (no offense) you become a target to the “guilty until proven innocent.” I’ve seen it from staff members before and surprised no one has really caught on to it.

But that’s all just my opinion for personal experience. Not a lot of well RP’d Aggro staff members. Mostly just basing and flexing.

The gang was me, greg, bismo, icekiller, and nev. IMHO, nev is the only one with a positive community reputation. Despite this, we shouldn't automatically be labeled as guilty. That's just bullshit.

In our case, the staff members had upwards of 20 pots on the line full of weed. Only when they lost completely and we reached the weed room did they intervene. Not when we first threw molotovs after I was shot by them with a Deagle, not when we waited around waiting for the fires to go out for a number of minutes, nope. Only when we reached their stash. 

Staff is the reason why I hadn't played for months until greg asked me to yesterday. This encounter doesn't help the case.
(Mar 9, 2019, 09:41 PM)Hungames Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 9, 2019, 08:08 AM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Staff members that involve themselves in Aggressive RP (And this is coming from my time as staff and player) are more questionable than most because they have a LOT more on the line. This may be contraband, weed, clan rep, etc. I hate to say it but if you have a less favorable community reputation such as yourself (no offense) you become a target to the “guilty until proven innocent.” I’ve seen it from staff members before and surprised no one has really caught on to it.

The gang was me, greg, bismo, icekiller, and nev. IMHO, nev is the only one with a positive community reputation. Despite this, we shouldn't automatically be labeled as guilty. That's just bullshit.

In our case, the staff members had upwards of 20 pots on the line full of weed. Only when they lost completely and we reached the weed room did they intervene. Not when we first threw molotovs after I was shot by them with a Deagle, not when we waited around waiting for the fires to go out for a number of minutes, nope. Only when we reached their stash. 

Staff is the reason why I hadn't played for months until greg asked me to yesterday. This encounter doesn't help the case.

couldnt have said it better myself

when asking the staff members why didn't they stop us the second we threw the molotovs. the admin said "It was my call to see how far you'd go, not *Mod(1)'s".

A staff member letting us "break" rules and only stop us until we get to his friend's little weed room. As if setting us up to break rules and make us get punishments. 

Like I said if I wasn't recording the encounter, who knows what could've happened to us
If that's how it went down, how you've put it (greg/Hungames), and nothing more, then that's pretty damn questionable staff behaviour.
I'm not sure why your drawing inferences from completely different statements given to you in-game. I would know seeing how I gave said statements.

Note how because this was Oneshot's situation and I was present dealing with it (to avoid the possibility of bias interfering, as I'm not involved with Interitus, the group you raided), no punishments would have been issued without me issuing them myself. I'm not sure you recognize this.

I saw you molotov and enter the base. I didn't stop you because I wasn't called until you'd already breached through the barriers. I wanted to see how far you'd go, and if it was just a show of force by molotoving the base. Of course, you entered the base and then I asked what was going on to avoid disrupting the RP as best I could, which is when the entire sit happened. You were not "automatically labeled as guilty", as you claim. I asked you for explanation, which we tried to follow up but because my tools were broken at the time, I asked for the video that Gregory mentioned he had. As the video link emerged, another member of staff gave me a log which backed your side of the story, so I let it be. I had the evidence I needed, and dismissed everything, no punishments were given, no punishments were even discussed by me, not even the possibility of a blacklist, ban or a warning so I'm not too sure why your trying to make out as if you would have got punished without it.
Pages: 1 2