Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> lucasvdtogt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reported Players: lucasvdtogt (STEAM_0:0:168645813)
Server: TrueNorth
Time: 2019-Mar-07 13:17
Summary: This player has been dealing with OOC matters IC (metagaming) and refusing to listen when I tried to explain that he could not deal with the matter IC.
I was simply dragging someone's dying carcass out of the city on their behalf. This act was completely consensual and since there were no paramedics or admins to revive on, it had to be done. This classes as an OOC situation since it isn't common for no paramedics to be on at all. When trying to explain this to the officer in LOOC, he completely ignored me and after calling him a 'dipshit' in LOOC he assaulted me IC, which is metagaming.
He claims to "know the rules" but obviously doesn't, as he refused to listen to the situation and carried on IC regardless. He eventually uncuffed me and left me alone, at which point I continued to drag the carcass and he came rushing back, doing exactly the same things over again. When attempting to put the body in the back of his car, the only option I had (since he was not listening) was to attempt to kill myself, so I stabbed the officer several times with a broken bottle until he shot me, and I died shortly afterwards. Yes, I died to avoid RP, but I died to avoid this officer FailRPing. The carcass then had to reconnect due to this officer's blatant incompetence, wasting him 15 minutes of time which he could have spent RPing.
The player in question who was being dragged was Hilbert (STEAM_0:0:156672736) and he also tried to explain to the officer, who ignored him as well.
Unfortunately I don't have the ability to record my playthroughs so have no other evidence other than this and Hilbert's account of events.
Evidence: Hilbert can vouch for my innocence and that the events that I have recounted did in fact occur.
Dear Thermoscope,
thank you for your report. I will await the reponse of the accused and have a closer look at the described assault. I also appreciate your honesty regarding the insult, which as i am sure you are a aware by now is a no go. Given you recent and frequent accounts of player disrespect, this incident will be penalized.

Regarding the situation itself:
The Officers decision to arrest you for dragging a dead body is perfectly fine and by no means fail rp / metagaming. All the information required to perform the described actions were obtained and processed in character. Whilst other officers may have resolved the situation in other manners, an arrest is appropriate and by no means a violation the rules. Those matters are not appealed via reports but via ic corespondence with a superior (president or police chief)

As you were acting on behalf of a person that communicated with you via looc despite the fact that he was injured, you were to some extent meta gaming. As no bug or other OOC circumstances caused or effected Hilberts injury the situation is infact not OOC but still IC.
Personaly i dont have an issue with your way of communication as, till the point where you met lucas, no other rp was affected, nor was anyone put into a advantage/disadvantage. However if someone (like lucas) starts to engage in that rp it will have to be dealt with in character unless he is also willing to treat it ooc. (at which point you two could have withdrawn without an issue)

As stated above ill have a closer look at the attack. As it would have been inapropriate for lucas to retaliate an ooc insult/rule violation with ic actions. But regarding the other aspects of the incident, i can not find any rule violation other then a case of player disrespect.
Yes hello, I am Hilbert. 
So I got hit by a car, there was no medics, and I asked this nice guy to kill me since my health bar wasn't going down. There was no admins or medics to revive me.
Firstly I was injurned for good over 10 minutes. Then I asked if this man would help me out and drag me away to kill me. This officer not listening to us in LOOC or even in IC chat really made this thing hard and I had to relog wasting even more precious that I could have spend RPing. I think the officer was FailRPing.
Thanks for that reply. I do understand the situation and as i already explained: i dont have an issue with those sorts of looc communication. But the officers choice to take it in character (at first - before he withdrew from the scene), is valid and not fail rp. It probably comes down to a missunderstanding or likewise.

Upon further investiation i could not find any immediate relaion between the officer equipping the baton, and the insult in looc. Yet i still have to advise Thermoscope to be a bit more respectfull, and lucas to remain calm in those kinda situations.

I thank you for your cocerns and time.

Denied