Limelight Forums

Full Version: Game crashing after a period of time without giving any errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So after a certain period of time, my session of GMod crashes and doesn't provide me with any error like "Out of Memory" or Buffer Error nor the classical "hl2.exe has closed unexpectedly" errors. Is there any probable cause for this to happen or is there any fix?
This has been happening to me since we got off Rockford. I got lucky today and stayed on for over an hour, but after that I was on for 3 sessions. Each one crashing after 25ish minutes
Have you tried running your game in 64 Bit? I done this and it stopped my issues which were similar to yours. You can do this by doing this: Steam library>right click gmod>properties>betas>select the 64-Bit beta build Smile I hope this solves your issue if you haven't already tried this!
Unfortunately that doesn’t resolve the issue. Been in that version for a while now. Thx tho
(Mar 5, 2019, 10:30 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately that doesn’t resolve the issue. Been in that version for a while now. Thx tho

Have you tried redownloading map/textures?
Did it create a crash dump file?

It can be found in your root garrysmod directory (steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod)
Have tried redownloading the map’s content and I do have a crash log for each I believe
So I found out it only happens when I'm driving. Any ideas?
Using the 64 Bit is probably one of your issues that could be a part to do with this.

If I am to remember correctly, the 64-BIT version of Garry's Mod is a BETA and has been noted to break the game sessions, etc. Did you have these issues commonly in the 32-BIT version, excluding crashes that did give you information?
I actually have been testing in my recent sessions, but it seems I don’t have the issue anymore. It just starts working now. Haven’t crashed in a few days now.
(Mar 11, 2019, 01:49 AM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]Using the 64 Bit is probably one of your issues that could be a part to do with this.

If I am to remember correctly, the 64-BIT version of Garry's Mod is a BETA and has been noted to break the game sessions, etc. Did you have these issues commonly in the 32-BIT version, excluding crashes that did give you information?

I've been only using the 32-bit version and yes, it's a common occurrence
(Mar 12, 2019, 01:52 AM)IsThisaNewFLRP? Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 11, 2019, 01:49 AM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]Using the 64 Bit is probably one of your issues that could be a part to do with this.

Sorry about the wait, been a little busy. Smile

Do you have a large number of addons on Garry's Mod?
Also, what is the amount of available space on your driver left as that could be another issue you could be having? Having very little space on your driver could make issues if the game produces any temporary files while playing the game.
(Mar 14, 2019, 01:40 PM)Dicky Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 12, 2019, 01:52 AM)IsThisaNewFLRP? Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry about the wait, been a little busy. Smile

Do you have a large number of addons on Garry's Mod?
Also, what is the amount of available space on your driver left as that could be another issue you could be having? Having very little space on your driver could make issues if the game produces any temporary files while playing the game.

Also, do you have multicore rendering enabled?
"Do you have a large number of addons on Garry's Mod?
Also, what is the amount of available space on your driver left as that could be another issue you could be having? Having very little space on your driver could make issues if the game produces any temporary files while playing the game."

"Also, do you have multicore rendering enabled?"

To answer the more simpler question first, I don't think I have Multi-core rendering enabled since I'm running on an i3 dual-core which I'd rather have it render with 1 single core. ()
And now to what was asking, I have a lot of addons since I first bought it, and what do you mean with "available space on driver" if may I ask since I never heard such terminology before.
The driver that all your files are installed onto.
Pages: 1 2