Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unable to join server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title states, I can't load into the server I get stuck at *Starting lua*
I'm on the 64-bit branch. Just tested out the non dev branch and still can't join the server...
I have all the content downloaded. I've tried to uninstall all my addons then only installed LL content still no luck...
My laptop can load into the server without problems I don't have a clue why I can't on this system...  Sad

Eddie

Have you tried reinstalling Gmod? Check out this thread as well might help: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-23903.html
Are you tabbing out during connection? Tends to happen to me, I just need to leave GMOD in focus and not tab out whilst it's loading in and doing it's thing.
Happened to me before, i verified game integrity and it fixed it.
As ‍ said, verify your game files.

If it's only your PC not your laptop there's likely an issue with your PC files.
Anything new to share on this?

If not, have you tried joining the server in 32BIT?
same thing is happening to me as well, i tried reinstalling all my addons and deleting cache and junk files in my gmod folder, none worked so i verified game, nothing again, then i wiped gmod from my pc and uninstalled all mods, reinstalled gmod, reinstalled ONLY addons necessary for LL and i got onto the Eu Truenorth server but instantly got "connection lost" box in the top right. This happened twice then i tried to join the new US server and it went back to going to the main menu after trying to load into the server. Ive hit a wall as ive followed every guide i could find online and read threw here. Nothing seems to be working, any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
(Apr 3, 2019, 07:36 AM)Blunt Grunt Wrote: [ -> ]same thing is happening to me as well, i tried reinstalling all my addons and deleting cache and junk files in my gmod folder, none worked so i verified game, nothing again, then i wiped gmod from my pc and uninstalled all mods, reinstalled gmod, reinstalled ONLY addons necessary for LL and i got onto the Eu Truenorth server but instantly got "connection lost" box in the top right. This happened twice then i tried to join the new US server and it went back to going to the main menu after trying to load into the server. Ive hit a wall as ive followed every guide i could find online and read threw here. Nothing seems to be working, any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Some suggestions -
- Reinstall 
- Clear Cache / Verify Game
- Remove every addon and try 
- Right click on the game, click properties, general, set launch command to -windowed (https://prntscr.com/n6u077)
- Follow this - https://forum.facepunch.com/gmodhelp/gel...NTERNET/1/
- Or, https://limelightgaming.net/forums/threa...#pid270352

Question - 
- Can you join other servers ? Or is it just LimeLight that you cannot connect to? 
- Try to join the Build Server?

Hope this can help, if not let us know!
I'll keep this thread open for you .

Just tell us your results and what you did for archive purposes if you succeeded or failed Smile
Thanks both of ya, just got back from work so ill see if any of this works and no I havent tried any other servers yet but Ill give it all a go.
Okay so ive retried everything mentioned but no prevail. I couldn't get onto the build or either main server, or any other servers/game modes for that matter. I tried some different launch commands and i reinstalled twice, . But I moved houses since i was last successfully on LL and got a new internet provider when i moved because my old one doesn't cover this area. Im pretty sure its the internet giving me problems
Hm okay, this is me now pure guessing - have you looked into your new internet’s firewall? Sometimes it can block stuff and not allow you to connect to servers
‍ any updates on this?
Well after retrying today it disconnected me while loading in 1-2 times on each server before letting me join the US florida build server then the main right after. During the loading when i was d/c'd it kept saying things regarding lua (starting/loading). Idk why it wouldnt let me before, ive tried quiet a bit since ive moved. Ill see if its steady working or my internet is just really that bad ..
Quick question, before you join the server, can you go to the options>multiplayer and tell me what you have allowed to download from the server? I had a few people getting crashed out or timed out for simply having set it to allow nothing to download.

Also, are you doing anything else while waiting to load in?
Pages: 1 2