Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: horsinator

Ban ID: 8625

Banned by: [L²:M] PilotC

Server: Limelight Truenorth City RP2

Ban Reason: Disconnect to avoid RP/arrest

Why i should be unbanned: I was banned at around 11:30 i had not been on the server for around 1 and a half hours at this point. I think i was banned for a situation that happened before i disconnected where no RP was taking place instead me and a friend where playing about OOC for a few minutes as i told him i was about to go off he pulled a gun out for an unknown reason a cop comes over tells us to chill at which point i punched this cop making light of the situation and joking about with a friend which i will admit was breaking fear RP but as i said i was planning to leave the server and was just messing about for a few minutes at which point the officer pulled a gun then shot and killed me in then disconnected. This was at 10:10 ish

Evidence: My video software was not on at the time but i do have many witnesses who will tell the same story.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Horsinator3000.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Good Afternoon / Evening Horsinator,

I appreciate that you're reaching out regarding this situation and I'm happy to consider the appeal. As you stated prior you were approached by an officer with a firearm drawn, this actually being myself. When I was providing orders to you and the general group to stop punching and make your hands visible you were prone and came crawling towards me and started punching at me.

Now a humorous side - note I suppose is I actually have a real life fear of anything besides animals crawling towards me (apparently seen too many zombie / horror movies) so I definitely remember I started firing on you thinking you had a knife and were charging me.

As for the disconnect though which is the main piece of this. I can understand and respect your side of the situation that you were simply joking around with friends (it was late and the server was quiet) and you probably didn't expect me to happen to drive past you and notice what I thought to be an actual fight. I'm happy to remove your ban with the request that in the future you please post in LOOC that you're leaving and a brief reason; and remember to wait for other players to recognize and give the okay for you to leave the RP. Most players are happy to respect you needing to log off but when you log off randomly without anything stated it does appear as a disconnect to avoid the situation. I'd also ask that in the future you keep in mind that running at a player punching whose not associated with your situation may not realize you're trying to joke around... in this case I honestly thought IC that you were attempting to attack me either with a knife that I couldn't see or trying to punch me white the other player had the gun out. 

After this reply is posted I'll lift your ban and this appeal will be moved to approved. This is based on your low hours on the server (18 hours currently) and the fact you were honest that you broke some rules and may not have acted in the most appropriate way. In the future a situation such as this may be taken more seriously as you gain hours on the server and are expected to be more familiar with our rules. I would recommend reviewing the rules either here on the website or when you log back into the server.

- PilotC (Christopher)
*** BAN LIFTED - APPEAL MOVED TO APPROVED ***