Limelight Forums

Full Version: Shutdown of the ECSE.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't like announcing the shutdown of services, and the ECSE has been around on LL for a long time in various forms. However, we have to announce that the ECSE has shutdown today.

There are several reasons for this. One is that the ECSE v2 was released early, without any supporting systems behind it, leading to a very disconnected system, which didn't react to any events (aside from ones manually set). Another reason is that it was taking time away from other projects with various issues and improvements which were required. Lastly, the ECSE had a negative impact on market rebalancing and changes to the economy we're looking into.

Thank you to Paul for all the time he put in writing the ECSE.
Thank you to Jono for some serious assistance in the theory behind it.
Thanks to Noble and Mathias for the first ECSE and kickstarting the concept.

I personally hope that we get to see the ECSE again in the future.

Any money in the ECSE (cash and stocks) were refunded, so no worries about losing money there.
RIP EvoMoney
F in chat
Hopefully it comes back after our economy is fixed and can support it.

F
Is a shame this never fully came into fruition;

When we designed it we had it in mind with a fully changed clan update system - Closed 'company/clan' bank accounts, f1 clan jobs (with salary paid for by clan bank account), clan vehicles - all of which would affect the stock price of a company, including various other factors like clan activity, bank balance etc.

The idea was that the stock market would by dynamic and reflect real life clan activities similar to how it would work in the real world, and further incentivize clan RP. (Idea was to further make clanRP a main activity on the server, providing peer to peer content as opposed to update-related content. Think old style FL RP on V2D etc.)

I see something working in the future similarly, but without the internal knowledge of updates planned since leaving the team, and the the developmental structure which has likely changed since, I wouldn't count on it. It would be a tremendous amount of work for something that could cause major economic issues/exploitation. 

Is a shame but am happy it was given a chance. 

I'd further like to thank Paul for his time with this as I know he dedicated a lot, and also wanted to see the idea come into fruition.