Limelight Forums

Full Version: nickname UBLR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
b]Your Name:[/b] 
nickname
Issued by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag.
L²:M] PilotC
Blacklist ID: 
Server:
v1a
Why should you be unblacklisted?: 
Was blacklisted for "Excessive use of force". What happened was me, jose, and sourlemon robbed a diner, the second we get the chef in the back, two cops walk in and see us with guns, we didn't blow their brains out, we hostaged them instead for the sole purpose of not using excessive force. Out of nowhere, two civilians start shooting through the glass at us, which is fairly failRP, but this is about me not them. That shooting attracted the whole police force, which promptly showed, and promptly engaged us. We promptly fired back, killing all of them except the swat that was following us in the swat van. I ran from the swat van into the city, which kept following me. The SWAT unit kept hopping out of the van shooting me, and hopping back in, until I got one good burst of lead into him and he pissed off. I then hopped into an apartment, bought doors because I decided not to run because it's just too hot at this point and I should just dig in and lay low for awhile, two minutes later the police blew down my door and then I got teleported into a sit. I don't understand how this is excessive use of force, seeing that I just used the force necessary to flee the police. I didn't shoot any passing police cars, any police looking for me etc. I ran from the botched robbery and hid. Pilot was saying how, being my job was "curbside gang", how we "obtained fully automatic weapons". This is a semi-serious RP, not reality. I fought the police's shotguns and automatic rifles back with an automatic rifle. In reality, police don't have automatic rifles issued to them, or walk around carrying rifles or shotguns, they all carry pistols.
Evidence:
All chat logs pertaining to the situation.
The staff-members have received your unblacklist-request, nicknamee.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Nickname,

A large majority of the information I'm about to provide will be similar to the things I told you during the on the rooftop post - situation.

The excessive use of force came from the AK47 that as a "gang member" you were carrying on you into a "petty robbery" of a diner. While I understand the server is semi - serious this is quite a heavy amount of firepower to bring into a situation that should be a "run in, run out" type of ordeal. Once the shooting began you and your partner at the time (Jose) did fire on vehicles as I know for a fact when I pulled up in my police cruiser it was a good thing I jumped out before it stopped because someone (whether it was you or Jose) immediately opened fire on the side of my vehicle and the windows.

After dying myself (who arrived pretty late to the situation) and countless other officers (ultimately I believe you killed the entire police force) I observed both of you leaving the diner firing on officers and an officer attempting to flee for safety. After this I will admit I was monitoring Jose more closely than I was you but the next time I checked up on your location you were again in a shoot out with the SWAT agent. You then entered the apartment, purchasing a random apartment on - the - fly in an attempt to hide from law enforcement. You proceeded to then place yourself in the stairwell monitoring the first floor entry after your counterpart (Jose) elected to take a random pot - shot at a SWAT officer who wasn't even aware of your location.

During the we discussed who the "Curbside Gang" was and the answers I received were "A national gang" and "We can't use real gang names." This lead me to believe your gang was similar to the anarchists in that they generally commit petty level crime versus firing on the entire police force and standing your ground rather than attempting to escape. This in turn lead to you receiving punishment for excessive use of force because you ultimately brought a machine gun to a fairly simple robbery that I will admit went extremely sideways when two officer's walked inside searching for food. You then admit to taking the officer's hostage which instead of just threatening them while attempting to run you elected to turn a robbery into a major crime that lead to a full - scale rampage.

I will counter argue your last point of "In reality, police don't have automatic rifles issued to them, or walk around carrying rifles or shotguns, they all carry pistols." Since you seem to really enjoy using the "semi - serious" statement it's only fair I use it for this... The server causes a limitation that officers are unable to leave their heavier firearm secured in their vehicle to use only in times of need versus carrying it on them constantly. This situation the players have no control over. If you look at the majority of body - camera footage from law enforcement in the United States though you'll see in a majority of videos most officers now carry a heavier weapon in conjunction to their sidearm. So while I appreciate the fact you have to come prepared with a heavier weapon than a pistol... it still doesn't excuse the fact you rampaged an entire police force in approximately 2 - 3 minutes then continued to exchange fire and endanger MULTIPLE CIVILIAN players as you fired on the SWAT agent.
There were 3 initial robbers, I don't enjoy the fact that you're accusing me of shooting at moving police vehicles without the logs, because I'm aware I was only shooting officers that were running in through the back door, which is where you were.
The second I had the opportunity to flee, I fled the diner, away from police, yes, getting into a small shootout in the park with an officer that was firing upon me. After taking car of that officer the SWAT agent was still following me through the park in his van trying to run me over/keep hopping out of the car and shoot at me, I ran to main street where I finally got off a decent burst of lead into him, and then he drove away.

The SWAT agent never stopped pursuing me, what am I supposed to do when a SWAT agent is driving a tank after me, constantly hopping out and hopping back in so I can't shoot him?

And let's be real, if I "threatened" the cops that walked into the botched robbery, the second I turned my back I would have been dead. I believe hostaging was correct in this scenario.

What about me "endangering multiple civilians"? The SWAT was firing upon me NEAR the civilians, maybe he shouldn't have been doing that??

Either way, the basis of curbside gang is from End of Watch, a movie about latin gangsters, shooting/robbing police and people with fully auto AKs.
If I had used a MAC10 would that have been okay? That's a fully automatic weapon, would that not be allowed because it's fully automatic?

So to be clear i'm being banned/blacklisted for "bringing a bigger weapon than needed", that'll be a first for the server. And I was given 48 hour blacklist and a 3 day ban for something that isn't even against the rules??? I would also like to suggest a new rule to be added stating as an "ordinary gang member" you cannot bring "excessive firepower" to robberies.
Blacklists removed, moving this to the UBR area.
(Feb 17, 2019, 11:39 PM)nicknamee Wrote: [ -> ]b]Your Name:[/b] 
nickname
Blacklist ID: 
Server:
v1a
Was blacklisted for "Excessive use of force". What happened was me, jose, and sourlemon robbed a diner, the second we get the chef in the back, two cops walk in and see us with guns, we didn't blow their brains out, we hostaged them instead for the sole purpose of not using excessive force. Out of nowhere, two civilians start shooting through the glass at us, which is fairly failRP, but this is about me not them. That shooting attracted the whole police force, which promptly showed, and promptly engaged us. We promptly fired back, killing all of them except the swat that was following us in the swat van. I ran from the swat van into the city, which kept following me. The SWAT unit kept hopping out of the van shooting me, and hopping back in, until I got one good burst of lead into him and he pissed off. I then hopped into an apartment, bought doors because I decided not to run because it's just too hot at this point and I should just dig in and lay low for awhile, two minutes later the police blew down my door and then I got teleported into a sit. I don't understand how this is excessive use of force, seeing that I just used the force necessary to flee the police. I didn't shoot any passing police cars, any police looking for me etc. I ran from the botched robbery and hid. Pilot was saying how, being my job was "curbside gang", how we "obtained fully automatic weapons". This is a semi-serious RP, not reality. I fought the police's shotguns and automatic rifles back with an automatic rifle. In reality, police don't have automatic rifles issued to them, or walk around carrying rifles or shotguns, they all carry pistols.
Evidence:

You shot the SWAT through the window with what I believe was a AWM?
So I was the one who "blew" your door down...infact I opened the first door at the entrance of the two apartments and you were already waiting there for me fully armed and started shooting at me the second I got into the hallway.
(Feb 18, 2019, 09:19 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]
nickname
Blacklist ID: 
Server:
v1a
Evidence:

So I was the one who "blew" your door down...infact I opened the first door at the entrance of the two apartments and you were already waiting there for me fully armed and started shooting at me the second I got into the hallway.

As far as I can remember you were a citizen, why are you blowing down doors and raiding?
(Feb 18, 2019, 09:19 PM)Mr.Sir Wrote: [ -> ]
nickname
Blacklist ID: 
Server:
v1a
Evidence:

I never shot anybody with an awp. And yes, once the police breached through the apartment doors I opened fire, which somebody who just robbed a store and got into a firefight with the police would do, and once again. I was standing at the door because the whole police force just showed up at my apartment, i highly doubt they showed up to “talk” seeing all of them had guns drawn blocking off the street.

I never had an awm on my person this entire scenario. So besides you accusing me of randomly shooting an awm at SWAT, what was wrong with me defending my apartment from a police raid?
Nickname,

As you know your BL was removed due to errors on my behalf. Ultimately at this time I'm going to continue to stand behind my decision to maintain the FailRP punishment based on the purchase of the apartment at random and the use of the firefighter uniforms to carry out the robbery. While I'm aware this is a bug it's been confirmed that the use of the uniforms was intentional for this robbery.

As I informed Jose, I'll be going through both bans and making sure they make sense in the documentation in the event of any further reviews.

***REPORT APPROVED IN REFERENCE TO PRIOR BLACKLIST APPEAL***