Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name: SpaghettiFTW

Ban ID: [font=Roboto, sans-serif]8479[/font]

Banned by:

Server: gmod

Ban Reason: Fearrp

Why should you be unbanned?: The cops pulled up to my impound lot for "stealing vehicles" altough none were stolen, and the one i assume they did me for was abandoned destroyed for many days in the car park, anyway bare cops pull up to it, i ask them whats up no response to my questions of why they are there, so i run back in (all the cops have guns on safety and none pointed or no orders given) anyway shortly after since i know they finna come in after me, i equip my uzi and see them rushing me so i open fire. I was banned for fearrp because i run away back inside since the cop didnt answer my question, and his gun was lowered so i assume there is no immediate threat to my life. Judging by this logic of it being fearrp a cop could be walking down main street with a gun on safety and have every civilian under fearrp due to that? does that mean in the proximity of a cop with a gun you must stop what your doing? IRL you wouldnt be scared of a cop walking down a street with a gun lowered unless he was giving you orders or was pointing it at you, ik it would be different with a criminal however since they would clearly be up to no good.

TL;DR - The cop i asked why they were here didnt respond, so i ran away back inside since they didnt speak so i assume everythings fine, they all had guns on safety so i dont know why i should feel scared of a silent cop with a gun lowered, since they are good not bad. Got banned because i walked away from someone who didnt speak to me and who i didnt see as a threat.

The fearrp rules are honestly so scuffed, why would you be scared of a cop walking down the street who has nothing to do with you (Thats the same logic with my ban)

Evidence: Night has a video, my plays wasnt working
The staff-members have received your unban-request, SpaghettiFTW.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
As explained to you in-game, guns on safety still apply FearRP and there's even a rule that tells you specifically not to do it.

Quote:2.3 - You may not run away from someone who has you under FearRP and is pointing a gun/taser at you, unless they specifically order you to.

You broke the rules, and were punished. I'm not sure why your asking for this to be lifted when it was a clear violation.
(Jan 27, 2019, 05:52 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]As explained to you in-game, guns on safety still apply FearRP and there's even a rule that tells you specifically not to do it.

Quote:2.3 - You may not run away from someone who has you under FearRP and is pointing a gun/taser at you, unless they specifically order you to.

You broke the rules, and were punished. I'm not sure why your asking for this to be lifted when it was a clear violation.

No gun was pointed at me... all cops had guns lowered
(Jan 27, 2019, 05:52 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]As explained to you in-game, guns on safety still apply FearRP...

I did make this very clear to you.
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:22 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2019, 05:52 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]As explained to you in-game, guns on safety still apply FearRP...

2.3 - You may not run away from someone who has you under FearRP and is pointing a gun/taser at you, unless they specifically order you to.

No officer was pointing a gun at me (a gun on safety is in fact pointing at the floor!) Also, i still see no reason why you should be scared of a cops gun thats on safety....
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:27 PM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:22 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]

2.3 - You may not run away from someone who has you under FearRP and is pointing a gun/taser at you, unless they specifically order you to.

No officer was pointing a gun at me (a gun on safety is in fact pointing at the floor!) Also, i still see no reason why you should be scared of a cops gun thats on safety....

Just to clarify the FearRP rule.

Note the visibly armed person in the first rule in the FearRP category.

2.1 - You are considered to be under FearRP when you are in line of sight of a visibly armed person, who is within default microphone range of you and is able to harm your character at that moment. You must act afraid of armed people and life-threatening situations.

Now, in the 3rd rule visibly armed is clarified further although, you can understand from the initial wording that a gun on safety is visible weaponry, meaning person is visibly armed.

2.4 - You are not under FearRP if you are also visibly armed. Visibly armed in the context of FearRP means that you have your weapon out and in your hands, regardless of safety mode. You are not considered visibly armed when you are seated in a vehicle, regardless of whether you are holding a weapon in hand or not.
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:40 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:27 PM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:22 PM)Night Wrote: [ -> ]I did make this very clear to you.

2.1 - You are considered to be under FearRP when you are in line of sight of a visibly armed person, who is within default microphone range of you and is able to harm your character at that moment. You must act afraid of armed people and life-threatening situations.

Now, in the 3rd rule visibly armed is clarified further although, you can understand from the initial wording that a gun on safety is visible weaponry, meaning person is visibly armed.

2.4 - You are not under FearRP if you are also visibly armed. Visibly armed in the context of FearRP means that you have your weapon out and in your hands, regardless of safety mode. You are not considered visibly armed when you are seated in a vehicle, regardless of whether you are holding a weapon in hand or not.
aite skip that irrelevant bullshit yeah point still stands no cop had a gun pointed at me
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:47 PM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:40 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:27 PM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]2.3 - You may not run away from someone who has you under FearRP and is pointing a gun/taser at you, unless they specifically order you to.

aite skip that irrelevant bullshit yeah point still stands no cop had a gun pointed at me

Did the Police Officer have a gun on safety or not?
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:55 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:47 PM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 27, 2019, 06:40 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]Just to clarify the FearRP rule.

Did the Police Officer have a gun on safety or not?

Not a single officer there from what i saw spoke to me or had a gun pointed at me all had them on safety, it says you only can’t run away if they have a gun pointed at u
No, it says;

I explained FearRP in the post above which you called irrelevant.

Basically, if someone had their gun on safety, they are visibly armed and if someone is visibly armed, you are under fearrp.
You even understood the rule and made a suggestion to change FearRP here;

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-24233.html

Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't that suggestion show you understand that safety means under fearrp or at least means that you've read the FearRP rules in detail to make such a suggestion?
(Jan 27, 2019, 07:06 PM)Bambo Wrote: [ -> ]No, it says;

I explained FearRP in the post above which you called irrelevant.

Basically, if someone had their gun on safety, they are visibly armed and if someone is visibly armed, you are under fearrp.
Honestly no one has a fucking clue with this new fearrp rule, only a part of it has been updated and the rest left and they all just collide against eachother, no one staff included, you should need to give commands since you cant always tell someone is pointing a gun at you in the first place if they dont say anything and are behind you, you can be a mute and put someone under fearrp? what sort of bullshit is that?

If you dont think the fearrp rules are fucked then just read them and think of a load of scenarios where its a complete sack of shite?
in the last 10 bans 5 have been for fearrp? does this not tell you somethings fucked?

that rule you put up there basically cuts out the pointing bit since no matter what when theres a gun out your under fearrp even if theres reason? proof the rule is outdated and no one has a clue about it.
So because you violates the rule, you believe them to be bullsht? I had a gun on you for the entire time you ran around to the corner.
Apologies, it's been brought to my attention I quoted the wrong rule but in essense, what you did was still a violation of what Bambo kindly quoted for me.

Will be concluding later this evening.
Pages: 1 2