Limelight Forums

Full Version: Pilot takes me too serious.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Brinley.

Ban ID:[font=Roboto, sans-serif]8454[/font]

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. And tag their forum account. ()

https://prntscr.com/mbbk79

Server: Main

Ban Reason: Calling ‍  'Poop'

Why should you be unbanned?: Onehsot didn't take it seriously upon being asked by Pilot himself. 

Evidence: Pilot's himself asking Oneshot
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Brin..

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Brin,

As I discussed with you during the the reason you received punishment in the form of a ban was not solely based on whether offense was taken by Oneshott. You were punished based on your history of at least x2 accounts of player disrespect via OOC methods. While the name you called Oneshott isn't very serious in the grand scheme of things it's the fact you willingly did this in front of a staff member in the middle of a RP.

The primary concern for me was the worry that if you're willing to go to that far of an extreme to insult a player how am I to know you wouldn't treat a new player the same way who may be more likely to take offense to your statement? Generally I think the goal is to create an environment that is enjoyable for the majority of players and I have to assume that based on your actions towards Oneshott with me present you would easily make the same actions to a new player without any consideration for the behavior.

- PilotC (Christopher)
Hello Brin, 

You've had issues with this in the past and also with your attitude during . I was there and witnessed your attitude first hand. I'm saying this as I believe there is more than just the OOC name calling of "poop".
(Jan 26, 2019, 09:49 AM)26\ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Brin, 

You've had issues with this in the past and also with your attitude during . I was there and witnessed your attitude first hand. I'm saying this as I believe there is more than just the OOC name calling of "poop".

Different sit but ok lol. The ban was for calling Oneshot poop but pop off
Brin,

With regards to 26's point he does bring up an important detail that I originally hadn't added with my post regarding the situation. While yes, this was a second where we specifically talked about your statement towards OneShott you had already been placed in an for a different issue where you were being disrespectful to staff. While it wasn't extreme disrespect as we generally see on the staff team it was disrespect regardless.

So with this in mind that you had just been spoken to you generally have to assume that while we aren't sitting right beside you observing there is a decent chance you're still under observation. And it this case for me you were; I was still monitoring your actions after the sit while we were running you and your cohort's licenses through the database. So immediately upon seeing your LOOC statement towards OneShott it appeared to me you were both trying to instigate (to see if I'd ignore the situation or respond as staff) and see what you could get away with. 

As most people know, for me as a staff member I'm not here to argue things and I generally keep things straight to the point. So when I saw what you said to OneShott you did immediately get pulled back to the roof into an . Now generally a player with a few hours who probably hasn't read the rules wouldn't have received a hefty punishment. In your situation though you received a ban because of your prior history with disrespect and your extensive play time on the server which means at this point you should know what is acceptable and not. 

At the end of the day my advice is you have 1120 hours on the server and players turn to you for guidance and advice. And calling another player a name in LOOC or OOC, regardless of how "minor" it may seem, isn't exactly setting the best example for other players.

- PilotC
After giving the situation some thought I think for both parties it would be best to request someone from administration to review the situation who wasn't involved in the roleplay or the prior .
I've been asked to reply to this thread by the staff member responsible for this appeal. The attitude you held towards the staff dealing with your situation that night, from what I saw, more or less reached a tipping point, which resulted in the punishment you received. Your record clearly speaks for itself as far as your attitude goes, as well as antagonizing players and staff. You know how you're supposed to behave on the server, but that doesn't ever seem to phase you from the norm.
called him poop pilot get angry
Reviewed and denied, after speaking with Pilot and hearing others staff members input regarding your case. I see the ban more than justified.