Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name: SpaghettiFTW

Ban ID: 8444

Banned by: 

Server: gmod

Ban Reason: FearRP

Why should you be unbanned?: In the clip below, you can see in the first clip i was already going to reach for my gun even before i knew there was a cop outside, and when i saw him i didnt shoot him until he shot me, if i wanted to break fearrp so much wouldnt i of shit him immediately rather than delayed until they shot me. The shock from some cops camping outside was was made me turn around and i didnt notice him until he started screaming anyway. TL;DR - I was already getting my gun out, it was clear i didnt intend to break fearrp as if i wanted to i wouldve ran or shot him first, and the moving was out of shock as i wasnt expecting this. In the second clip you can see it is not fearrp from his video in the PR because for 1 he doesnt even point a gun at me until i equip mine behind cover, as well as they had already aggressively rammed my vehicle potentially causing me damage so i dont see why i should be fearful of a cop that is clearly trying to injure me, due to their aggressive manner in the chase. TL;DR - His gun wasnt pointed at me and their aggressive tactics made it so that FearRp technically wasnt really a thing due to them showing extreme amounts of aggression. 

Also, why wasnt i given any time to defend myself?

Evidence: https://plays.tv/s/M3OWM1t8bzzQ
The staff-members have received your unban-request, SpaghettiFTW.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
(Jan 22, 2019, 02:19 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]Your Name: SpaghettiFTW

Ban ID: 8444

Banned by: 

Server: gmod

Ban Reason: FearRP

Why should you be unbanned?: In the clip below, you can see in the first clip i was already going to reach for my gun even before i knew there was a cop outside, and when i saw him i didnt shoot him until he shot me, if i wanted to break fearrp so much wouldnt i of shit him immediately rather than delayed until they shot me. The shock from some cops camping outside was was made me turn around and i didnt notice him until he started screaming anyway. TL;DR - I was already getting my gun out, it was clear i didnt intend to break fearrp as if i wanted to i wouldve ran or shot him first, and the moving was out of shock as i wasnt expecting this. In the second clip you can see it is not fearrp from his video in the PR because for 1 he doesnt even point a gun at me until i equip mine behind cover, as well as they had already aggressively rammed my vehicle potentially causing me damage so i dont see why i should be fearful of a cop that is clearly trying to injure me, due to their aggressive manner in the chase. TL;DR - His gun wasnt pointed at me and their aggressive tactics made it so that FearRp technically wasnt really a thing due to them showing extreme amounts of aggression. 

Also, why wasnt i given any time to defend myself?

Evidence: https://plays.tv/s/M3OWM1t8bzzQ

Hard to reply on my phone so forgive typos.

Per the rule, his gun does not have to be pointed at you for it to be FearRP.

Unless I'm mistaken, the instant you pull your gun it's visible in your hands even if you're still pulling it out on your screen.

You weren't given time because for FearRP you either did it or didn't - it's not a case of possible lack of background RP or extenuating circumstances
[Image: Screenshot_20190121-200716_Firefox.jpg]

You weren't even on the weapon selection.
Sorry for triple post, on mobile again.

Reading the rules literally, you'd still be under FearRP in the second video. Your cover completely exposed your head and you could see Dan - although admittedly his gun was hard to see. (Bullets and guns are fired from the face by the way)
[Image: SmartSelect_20190121-201350_Firefox.jpg]

Honestly, seeing your perspective makes me more convinced the first video was a breakage of FearRP.
Hello, i was involved as i was with SpaghettiFTW at the time in the building me and him found a room with pots in myself and him was gonna pick up the pots and stick them in the van to take back to our base when he went down all he went to do is put pots in the van he was not expecting a cop there like would you expect a cop just to be standing behind a door he wasnt expecting it, it really came to shock as you can tell by his voice he pretty much screams hes shocked obviously Spaghetti being spaghetti he is an Agg rper his first split second thinking is to get his gun out as you can see he did not mean to even get into this situation he was expecting just to stick a pot in the back of a truck not be jump scared by a cop hit was a big shock
Shock and surprise isn't a valid excuse to violate FearRP, if drawing your gun is your first response to an interaction please reconsider your approach to RP
goigle[Image: Screenshot_20190121-200716_Firefox.jpg]

Yes that’s because on that frame is where I have clicked on my weapon and the bar has dissapeared and it’s getting my gun out, you can see my gun in my hand
(Jan 22, 2019, 03:37 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]Shock and surprise isn't a valid excuse to violate FearRP, if drawing your gun is your first response to an interaction please reconsider your approach to RP

I was already drawing my gun before I got out the building and before I even saw the gun, I turned around in shock hence he clearly shot me, even though i stood there until he shot me.
It was not even the case of we did anything wrong thats why Spaghetti was not expecting this at all we literally parked our van ran into the Top street apartment and found a room full of pots so we was gonna shift em to our place and as soon as Spaghetti prepares the van theres a strange cop behind a door and in these situations you dont have much time to think it was clear shock and misunderstanding as if Spaghetti would of break fear rp on purpose you would of thought he would of shot a bit more than that? surely he like shot him once with shock like as if to say what is going on im so confused?!?
(Jan 22, 2019, 03:38 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]goigle[Image: Screenshot_20190121-200716_Firefox.jpg]

Yes that’s because on that frame is where I have clicked on my weapon and the bar has dissapeared and it’s getting my gun out, you can see my gun in my hand

Ah, it's hard to navigate the plays video on my phone it keeps going before or after where I'm trying to go. If I pause the video at the wrong spot I have to reload the page.

I'll amend my original statement:

You're still on the weapon selection screen when he's right next to you with his gun out.
(Jan 22, 2019, 03:48 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 22, 2019, 03:38 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]goigle[Image: Screenshot_20190121-200716_Firefox.jpg]

Ah, it's hard to navigate the plays video on my phone it keeps going before or after where I'm trying to go. If I pause the video at the wrong spot I have to reload the page.

You're still on the weapon selection screen when he's right next to you with his gun out.

Yes but bare in mind I’m not constantly looking out for people with guns standing next to doors, so i didn’t see him,
Also notice how on that screenshot his weapon is pointed at the wall and not me, so how can it be fearrp if it’s not pointed at me and a wall
(Jan 22, 2019, 03:52 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]Also notice how on that screenshot his weapon is pointed at the wall and not me, so how can it be fearrp if it’s not pointed at me and a wall

This is my point - you don't know the rule. You're under FearRP if someone has a weapon out, is within default mic range, and can harm you. The pointing at you clause is for running, not drawing.

If you didn't see him, why pull out a gun in the city?
(Jan 22, 2019, 04:00 AM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 22, 2019, 03:52 AM)SpaghettiFTW Wrote: [ -> ]Also notice how on that screenshot his weapon is pointed at the wall and not me, so how can it be fearrp if it’s not pointed at me and a wall

This is my point - you don't know the rule. You're under FearRP if someone has a weapon out, is within default mic range, and can harm you. The pointing at you clause is for running, not drawing.

If you didn't see him, why pull out a gun in the city?
Watch his video, at that point you can clearly see all he can see is the wall, and isn’t looking at me at the time where I actually selected my weapon and by that time hadn’t seen him, how can someone who is looking at a wall be a threat? Anyway I was going to have my weapon out anyway before I saw the cop so I don’t see how this is fearrp, you can see from my perspective it isn’t but from the reporters perspective he can’t see what I’m actually doing so it does, even though it isn’t. 

I was going to get the gun out because we were going to be loading in items to a truck and when doing that it is a time when people tend to rob you.
Pages: 1 2