Limelight Forums

Full Version: PR -> [L²:RP]I.T.D-DarkosNL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ForceGhost

Reported Players: [L²:RP]I.T.D-DarkosNL (STEAM_0:0:177570052) ()
Server: Rockford
Time: 2019-Jan-18 18:24
Summary: 6.4 - With proper background RP and reason, you may get up to rooftops and build on them using the ladder tool. Defensive fortifications and contraband are not allowed on rooftops. The ladder tool may be used during combat.
Evidence: [Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Those are just for decoration just to look cool, we havent even used that as defence.
Cause the picture clearly shows there arent any ladders going up to that roof.
I also been raided by admins on that spot mutiple times and i have never heard them say anything about it so i don't see a problem here.
Do you have evidence to show they were used as defensive fortifications?

ForceGhost

The rule states building, not using. I could be wrong but this other PR I created didn't show usage.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-21526.html
That's not what the rule states , it specifically states "defensive fortifications and contraband are not allowed on rooftops", doesn't say only if it's used.
Well its just to look cool so its decoration not a defensive fortification.
TBH i don't know what the big deal is its just for decoration we haven't used it so......whats the big deal?
i mean you are making a PR for a bunch of sandbags on a roof of a building.
They are not even used for defending.

ForceGhost

(Jan 19, 2019, 06:28 PM)DarkosNL Wrote: [ -> ]Well its just to look cool so its decoration not a defensive fortification.

That's a bit like me building a very clear doom fort and saying "It's just to look good, I like these narrow corridors and one way shooting holes."
(Jan 19, 2019, 06:29 PM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 19, 2019, 06:28 PM)DarkosNL Wrote: [ -> ]Well its just to look cool so its decoration not a defensive fortification.

That's a bit like me building a very clear doom fort and saying "It's just to look good, I like these narrow corridors and one way shooting holes."

We are talking about 1 prop on a little roof that we have not used. (you guys won that raid)
As far as I have been told in the past you are not allowed to even build the defenses.. regardless if you use them or not. There have been multiple occasions where my base is in building phase and admins have come and told me to remove stuff for similar issues... Also I would like to say that if this base is not classed as a doomfort then half the stuff i build shouldn't be either...
TBH you guys are just trying to get me banned for the smallest reasons.
I think there is no rule broken that prop on the foto caused no one any harm so why is it rule breaking?
And last time im gonna say its a [DECORATION] not a defence.
-In the clan, we've used the base before-
There isn't even access to the roof, they are impossible to use, and have never BEEN used. The rooftop just looked a bit drab initially. The base was never designed to be purely functional, it was also designed to look cool. The only work decoration-wise, and even if we wanted to use them we couldn't without being able to go up there.
I built a base on Truenorth that was legitimately just a forest that got deemed not allowed for use as its classed as a doomfort. The trees where just for decoration and just to fill in empty space so apparently u cant use stuff as decoration that could be used as something for doomfort.
Post removed, user warned.
Nitpick (in your opinion) or not Rules are rules
(Jan 19, 2019, 06:24 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]That's not what the rule states , it specifically states "defensive fortifications and contraband are not allowed on rooftops", doesn't say only if it's used.

I'm well aware of what the rule says, you don't need to remind me. I'm trying to ascertain as to whether the defensive fortifications were actually used, because obviously that's a bigger offense than just slamming them on a roof and not using them as a fortification, rather only a decoration.

Anyhow, since you've not provided evidence of them using this in combat I can only go off what's seen in picture, which would normally be a verbal warning or a permanent warning at most. However, in the course of this PR awaiting conclusion, a staff member has come forward stating that they saw you using it in a combat situation so as a result...

Approved.

Reported user will receive a 2 hour Weapons blacklist for building and using defensive fortifications on rooftops.

I would consider yourself very lucky that you aren't on a probation at this point ‍, but seeing how you've had a couple of aggressiveRP violations recently, I'll be making a note on this blacklist that it should be considered whether to put a general probation on you. Now's your chance to ensure your buffed up on the rules, and this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

Thanks for the report.