Limelight Forums

Full Version: New FearRP changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
When you’re running away from someone you’re not going to have time to check whether they’re in FearRP range by using the context menu.. there needs to be some sort of indicator on the voice pop ups
(Jan 17, 2019, 12:08 AM)miss joley Wrote: [ -> ]If you hover your mouse over the character, if you see their details you are within default microphone range, I think that was pointed out to me a while back

Yeah this was tested by me and ‍. You can hear someone way outside of this details view thing, at least double the distance. It's not true.

ForceGhost

Why not add some symbology to the voice pop-up?
(Jan 17, 2019, 01:02 AM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]When you’re running away from someone you’re not going to have time to check whether they’re in FearRP range by using the context menu.. there needs to be some sort of indicator on the voice pop ups

It’s not the content menu, it’s just the information that pops up when you look at someone. OOC name, rank icon and description.
Honestly if fearRP is this complicated to enforce, or even write policy for, the question has to be asked:

Why do we still have it? 

Its a subjective policy that from what I last heard, was responsible for a disproportionate percent of punishments on LL.

If this is true, then we have a policy that is subjectively enforced where 10 people could each come to their own conclusions on the same case, rather than an objective policy that is enforced universally the same.

That would seem odd would it not? A policy so subjective, and so based on context that it could be nullified at more or less any point for a large number of reasons in any RP situation, being responsible for a disproportionate percentage of LL's overall punishment pool.

If it is not responsable for a disproportionate percent of punishments, the policy itself is still overly complicated for both players and staff to enforce and abide by, to the point where the only reason ive heard that we retain it is because "Theres no other consiquence for death to make people not just pull guns"

This would mean that rather than let players choose their own character paths, we force them down the one we want,by threat of OOC punishment for IC actions, doing the very thing we tell people not to do.

Don't drag OOC into the IC, and vise versa don't drag IC into the OOC.

Let things play out as they will, and if someone does not like the outcome? To bad, accept that you wont always win on a quickdraw and prepare better next time when attempting to detain a potentialy armed person.

The idea of "Oh but you wouldnt pull a gun, theyd shoot you first" is false, ive seen videos of police pulling their sidearm, while being hit with a trunchen that knocked them over, in under .5 seconds, while also getting shots off before the officer even hit the ground. 

and thats a bog standard highway patrol officer.

(Jan 17, 2019, 03:36 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly if fearRP is this complicated to enforce, or even write policy for, the question has to be asked:

Why do we still have it? 

Its a subjective policy that from what I last heard, was responsible for a disproportionate percent of punishments on LL.

This. Ramp up the consequences for dying and remove FearRP. It'll put players in the decision whether risking their life is actually worth it and let staff deal with situations that are far less subjective.

As of now FearRP is broken all the time because it either requires a staff to witness the event or a detailed enough recording to come to a conclusion. Currently if you die you only loose your equipped weapons/armor and can just pick up where you left off (in a different location for 10 minutes) with very little actual loss. If you lost a percentage of money on hand and/or had to spend 15 minutes in a hospital bed until you're released back into the world after dying people would give a lot more care to the weapons being pointed at them than the off chance they'd be caught breaking FearRP and punished for it.
(Jan 16, 2019, 11:54 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 16, 2019, 11:41 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Just change it to “you can hear them”

Once again, in that case, we'd have everyone and their mother switching to yell to have a FearRP advantage. Plus in my opinion yell range is too long to be a "fun and intuitive" FearRP range. But that is certainly one of the possible solutions.

It seems like the most logical thing to do, if you can hear them fearRP applies, if people wants to have their voice output to yell at all times wouldnt this be failRP since most people dont go about yelling everytime?
(Jan 17, 2019, 02:30 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Why not add some symbology to the voice pop-up?

Like have the range in the chat bubble? Like "Bob Bobbingson (5m)" seems like a pretty good option too
Everything that said.

Just make heavy firearms harder to pull out. Maybe even an animation / /me attached to it for cops to have time to pull a pistol if they see someone reaching in their jacket for a mac-10 or some shit idk.

FearRP is just a mess
Im gonna echo what I said on another topic.

I do agree with fear RP being removed ‍  mentioned. The thing with taking it out though, is that pulling out a weapon is instant, I feel like if Fear RP was removed, you should not be able to pull an AK47 out of your butt in less than a second. Perhaps increase the time for heavier weaponry to be pulled out if that is possible.
(Jan 17, 2019, 09:18 AM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 17, 2019, 02:30 AM)ForceGhost Wrote: [ -> ]Why not add some symbology to the voice pop-up?

Like have the range in the chat bubble? Like "Bob Bobbingson (5m)" seems like a pretty good option too
(Jan 17, 2019, 01:53 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 17, 2019, 09:18 AM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]

Not a massive change but it would be an effective one but what about the people who don’t use microphones?
(Jan 17, 2019, 02:14 PM)MrJakeeee Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 17, 2019, 01:53 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 17, 2019, 09:18 AM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]Like have the range in the chat bubble? Like "Bob Bobbingson (5m)" seems like a pretty good option too
Not a massive change but it would be an effective one but what about the people who don’t use microphones?

This is a big issue. I’ve had it where people would break FearRP due to me not having a mic
(Jan 17, 2019, 03:15 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 17, 2019, 02:14 PM)MrJakeeee Wrote: [ -> ]Not a massive change but it would be an effective one but what about the people who don’t use microphones?

This is a big issue. I’ve had it where people would break FearRP due to me not having a mic
Those who do not have mics that I play with have binds that say for example "Put your hands up" for speed if you haven't already got these things!

ForceGhost

Overlewd Wrote:2.5 - If someone switches from a gun to handcuffs/rope to detain you, FearRP still applies. In this case, being restrained carries an implicit order not to move unless told otherwise.

Does this mean that if you're cuffed and the officer cuffing you leaves, gets distracted, or dies, then you can't walk away from where he left you? Despite your life not being in danger?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5