Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Feedback] Evocity v17x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello community,

This is the third week of the map trials, you can provide feedback on Evocity V5P here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-24090.html

This thread is for Evocity v17x.

You can give feedback about;

Area naming,
Performance (Increase or Drop)
Roleplay feel,
and many more.

Have fun, and keep in mind this is vital when it comes to our final decision.
Performance is pretty good. Though I haven't had an opportunity to play on a populated server yet. Though I feel like this map takes everything good that v4b1/v33x has to offer and tosses it into the garbage and injects a bunch of v2d stuff that doesn't feel right. Mainly there's a severe lack of functional mainstreet stores, there are 2 however they feel extremely linear and have little room for choice. 

I've also experienced an issue where alot of doors seem to be invisible though I'm not sure if that is just me. 

It's may seem like a small thing but a large area of the outskirts is covered in an awful fleuro green grass like the one from v5p, it somewhat made sense in v5p being at the farm though it is still unsightly. Overall in my opinion its not bad but it's not good either, I'd prefer v5p over this and v17x over True North. [Image: ffed6c516f13d819ffd3cd92c7c698af.jpg]
garbage

removes the perfect industrial from v4b1 and injects the shitty v2d one
gets rid of the nice hospital and puts the old shitty MTL from v2d in it
add the old white shitty house in the villas
there's a random ass vending machine on downtown road
gets rid of the renovated motel and throws in the shitty one from v33x
gets rid of the 4 story apartment building and adds the shitty one from v2d
top street is better on v4b1

the only thing good about this map is the performance. that doesn't make up for all the other shitty aspects
Sacrifices logical map design for nostalgia and seems to leave behind nearly all good components of the newer EvoCity map in exchange for the dated V2D ones.
Zero parking spaces, multiple pre-named shops but not as bad as V5p, some roads are illogically narrow, MTL yard is the biggest of the lot, houses have no variety, shops have next to no variety, seems to be based off of too ancient of a map
(Jan 15, 2019, 07:29 PM)Montyfatcat Wrote: [ -> ]Zero parking spaces, multiple pre-named shops but not as bad as V5p, some roads are illogically narrow, MTL yard is the biggest of the lot, houses have no variety, shops have next to no variety, seems to be based off of too ancient of a map
i like it, it feels homely, but its worse than v2d or v33x/v4b. i think it feels and looks like a bad mashup of both maps.
As already noted:

Ive noticed massive performance issues at peak population

Texture issues not the result of a lack of content, but just by design near the corlone suburb

A near total lack of parking spaces

It cut out the 33x industrial zone which was amazing for what it did

It cut out the 33x hospital and in no way replaces it with anything else, removing the main medical RP zone

Overall i can honestly say I hate this map, it cut out all the main improvments made for the evocity map line, throws them all out a window, and then haphazardly slaps bits together from V2D and 33x in some horrible Frankensteins monster of a map
Aslong as we don't get v5p im happy.
(Jan 15, 2019, 10:15 PM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]Aslong as we don't get v5p im happy.
Im Currently Playing it With around 35-40 People and It's Just Horrible, Lag way too much when driving, Everyones mic is cutting out,Outer city is nice Ngl and the general Rp vibe could be Decent but the lag is horrible along with Weird backround sounds
#BringBackRockford
Hating the ambient sounds I played for an hour and I need to take a paracetamol for my head -_-, due to this I'm not playing for the rest of the week as I'm not dealing with that.

Industrial the map looks awful, no where to park, no where to RP. I'm generally seeing it as a C&R map tbh.

I don't think that this will be going in the right direction, either V5 or TN for me.
Server seems to be densely populated, which fixes the issues from Rockford and True North, but the ambient noises are horrible.

I think this is a bad compromise. v4b1 would be a much better alternative, and based on how densely packed the server was in activity, it could very well work out. This map seems to change v4b1's features for no good reason.

FPS is quite low, but at least frame times are more consistent than True North. I'd say that a good implementation of v5p > v17x > True North.
(Jan 15, 2019, 11:00 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hating the ambient sounds I played for an hour and I need to take a paracetamol for my head -_-, due to this I'm not playing for the rest of the week as I'm not dealing with that.

Industrial the map looks awful, no where to park, no where to RP. I'm generally seeing it as a C&R map tbh.

I don't think that this will be going in the right direction, either V5 or TN for me.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1416494365

Try this

Not sure if it'll get rid of the ambient sounds, but I dont have em Smile
(Jan 16, 2019, 12:07 AM)Decay Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 15, 2019, 11:00 PM)Stell90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hating the ambient sounds I played for an hour and I need to take a paracetamol for my head -_-, due to this I'm not playing for the rest of the week as I'm not dealing with that.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1416494365

Try this

Not sure if it'll get rid of the ambient sounds, but I dont have em Smile

Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow
Pages: 1 2 3 4