Limelight Forums

Full Version: Limelight FiveM server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
As Garrysmod is slowly but surely (sadly) dying out, Limelight could probably do with a another game to roleplay on.

So what about a custom FiveM server? I think it would be a nice thing to think about in the long run. What do you think?
The gmod population has actually been pretty steady over the past 5 years. The major issue is that RP server populations seem to be diminishing.

[Image: CwjR6.png]

I think preparing for S&Box would be the most beneficial.
(Jan 14, 2019, 03:31 AM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]The gmod population has actually been pretty steady over the past 5 years. The major issue is that RP server populations seem to be diminishing.

I believe people are figuring out minigames are a LOT more enjoyable to pop in and out of instead of playimg fake criminal RP. I honestly prefer deathrun and prophunt over RP
The cops and robbers style of city RP certainly can work well in GTA. But yeah it's mostly the RP scene on Gmod that has moved on the themed RP (such as star wars) or minigames etc.
GTA V rp would be amazing. But it would require more administration and orginisation.
(Jan 14, 2019, 03:31 AM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]The gmod population has actually been pretty steady over the past 5 years. The major issue is that RP server populations seem to be diminishing.

S&Box is not a game. It is basically, right now, a tool to help make games in UE4.
Once S&Box is officially released as a stable and public version, something me and ‍ have been anticipating and discussing in great detail,
I am 100% sure that development will begin there as well. So the answer is likely, no.
(Jan 14, 2019, 05:44 PM)Monkey Wrote: [ -> ]

S&Box is not a game. It is basically, right now, a tool to help make games in UE4.

Well they sure are calling it that in their blog posts.
FiveM is great.

I see no issue in at least trying it out. There is quite an amount of people playing FiveM who are a part of L².
(Jan 14, 2019, 06:23 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]FiveM is great.

I see no issue in at least trying it out. There is quite an amount of people playing FiveM who are a part of L².

Personally, I do not think that spreading our territory is a wise move whilst our homeland is in turmoil.
Look at what happened to Alexander the Great.

In laymen's terms: We should only start working on new projects after our main focus, the CityRP game mode is stable.
(Jan 14, 2019, 08:15 AM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]GTA V rp would be amazing. But it would require more administration and orginisation.

FiveM caps player count to 32 across all servers. There's no way to increase this, either. If anything, we'd need less administration.
(Jan 14, 2019, 07:00 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 14, 2019, 08:15 AM)StephanGH Wrote: [ -> ]GTA V rp would be amazing. But it would require more administration and orginisation.

FiveM caps player count to 32 across all servers. There's no way to increase this, either. If anything, we'd need less administration.

I meant morethat I dont believe there is anjob menu. So cops etc would have to be regulated?
Some of the cool and crazy builds that come up on Gmod will not be possible here, that's part of my concern. Also, modders are really common of FiveM and that could spoil the server a lot.
We need to look into new gm or server hosting to grow our playerbase. Gmod is getting boring. I feel adding servers with minigames that give rewards for the main RP server and cosmetics for the minigame servers would be beneficial and make this community a lot more enjoyable.
(Jan 14, 2019, 07:23 PM)Gungranny Wrote: [ -> ]We need to look into new gm or server hosting to grow our playerbase. Gmod is getting boring. I feel adding servers with minigames that give rewards for the main RP server and cosmetics for the minigame servers would be beneficial and make this community a lot more enjoyable.

You want another Zarp?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5