Limelight Forums

Full Version: Bad, FPS when using cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title suggests, I have really bad frames when using cars? around 10fps when using one 45-50fps when not...

My specs are not the best, I have a potato computer... 

Intel i3 5005u intel hd 5500
Straight Face

Any suggestions?
Low FPS is something I'd kinda expect that: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/...phics-5500 but it only affecting you while driving is kinda interesting.

If you don't want to change your resolution or quality settings you could try adding the launch option gmod_mcore_test 1. Note that this does have the potential to cause issues on LL/random crashes but in many cases it can help improve performance. If you're also not running the 64bit build I'd recommend testing that out as well and seeing what happens. You can do so by right clicking the game on Steam, Properties, Betas, and selecting the 64bit version.
(Jan 5, 2019, 08:37 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Low FPS is something I'd kinda expect that: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/...phics-5500 but it only affecting you while driving is kinda interesting.

If you don't want to change your resolution or quality settings you could try adding the launch option gmod_mcore_test 1. Note that this does have the potential to cause issues on LL/random crashes but in many cases it can help improve performance. If you're also not running the 64bit build I'd recommend testing that out as well and seeing what happens. You can do so by right clicking the game on Steam, Properties, Betas, and selecting the 64bit version.

Ok so, I added multi core rendering as you suggested, to have gained 2fps, better then none I guess Tongue

And still seem to have the issue... I might try my other computer but it is very dated... Specs: intel core 2 extreme qx6700 OC 3.0GHz + 4GB DDR3 and a GTX 280 = beast of 2008 xD
(Jan 5, 2019, 10:29 PM)Mr Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 5, 2019, 08:37 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]Low FPS is something I'd kinda expect that: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/...phics-5500 but it only affecting you while driving is kinda interesting.

Ok so, I added multi core rendering as you suggested, to have gained 2fps, better then none I guess Tongue

And still seem to have the issue... I might try my other computer but it is very dated... Specs: intel core 2 extreme qx6700 OC 3.0GHz + 4GB DDR3 and a GTX 280 = beast of 2008 xD

I would expect the what you say dated computer to perform better. Garry's Mod doesn't require much graphics power, but a lot more CPU power. The Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 has 4 true cores unlike the i3-5005u which has 2 true cores and 2 hyperthreaded cores. Also, the Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 is clocked higher, so that should give you a performance increase as well.
Code:
+gmod_mcore_test 1 +r_queued_ropes 1 +cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 +cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1 +mat_queue_mode -1 +r_threaded_renderables 1 +r_threaded_particles 1 +fps_max 0
(Jan 7, 2019, 12:40 AM)Markus Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
+gmod_mcore_test 1 +r_queued_ropes 1 +cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 +cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1 +mat_queue_mode -1 +r_threaded_renderables 1 +r_threaded_particles 1 +fps_max 0

If you are going to suggest this, let people know that this may lead to frequent crashes and they should revert this if they encounter issues.

Those commands tend to crash clients after a few minutes/hours.
(Jan 7, 2019, 03:57 AM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:

If you are going to suggest this, let people know that this may lead to frequent crashes and they should revert this if they encounter issues.

By large ammount only mcore is a known crasher, unlike other commands
(Jan 7, 2019, 03:57 AM)Project Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:

I have never crashed because of them.
Code:

This is probably the best thing to do for now. Please note that it does do as says and could crash your game. If you do receive any issues we recommend reverting them back to how they were previously. There aren't really too many steps into making the game run much smoother. There is the new 64bit launcher but that does have issues as it is still in BETA

Garry's Mod is a really shitty game to try to get FPS and shit, especially with the CityRP Gamemode with it being nearly 11 or 12 years old.

Is there anything else we could possibly help you with ?
@Dicky No, nothing more. I am though getting a new laptop soon, well... I say 5+Months xD But I shall be patient... 

(EDIT) I won't be able to RP as such due to the lack of computer power... But I'll try to be active on forums guess Big Grin

Thank you all for the help Big Grin

I guess this can be closed now or?
Closed and Archived.

User received sufficient support.