Limelight Forums

Full Version: Driving From US Perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got yelled at today by an EU player when I lagged and hit their car. I honestly don't think a majority of the playerbase here knows just how bad it is driving at a consistent 100+ ping so I decided to capture some footage of me driving around and obeying traffic laws with an overlay of my keyboard input so you can see the delay yourself. This isn't the worst that I've experienced but this has been consistent on any EU Gmod server that I've ever played on. Driving faster or a car with faster acceleration (Reventon) just magnifies this issue and is the sole reason I don't drive my Reventon at all. I also rarely participate in police pursuits just because I'm more likely to crash than do anything useful.

Key info:
This is 64bit Gmod but haven't noticed any performance difference from 32bit.
No startup commands were running.
Ping was stable around 100-120 but spiked to around 160 (from what I recorded).

Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
16GB DDR4-3200

As a US player on an EU server driving has always been this bad for us. Back when we had the US server it wasn't completely resolved (since server was in a weird location so ping was higher than usual) but it was at least somewhat better. Crappy FPS I can deal with but input delay can be a dealbreaker since it's much more frustrating to deal with.
I can barely keep my car straight when driving.
EU player here and on Truenorth for whatever reason I had very similar issues.
have you considered moving closer to the server?

many thanks,

limelight support team
my gosh im so sorry

i have 5 ping on the server sometimes and i still drive like trash
(Jan 13, 2019, 06:57 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]have you considered moving closer to the server?

many thanks,

limelight support team

Funny you mention that, I'm actually moving 2 hours closer and getting Google Fiber so we'll see if there's an improvement.

Could always bring back a US server in the meantime <3
(Jan 13, 2019, 07:22 PM)miss joley Wrote: [ -> ]my gosh im so sorry

i have 5 ping on the server sometimes and i still drive like trash

We know you do it on purpose, that's alright.
(Jan 13, 2019, 07:51 PM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 13, 2019, 06:57 PM)Brynn Wrote: [ -> ]have you considered moving closer to the server?

many thanks,

limelight support team

Funny you mention that, I'm actually moving 2 hours closer and getting Google Fiber so we'll see if there's an improvement.

only if you fund it
(Jan 13, 2019, 11:10 PM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]

many thanks,

limelight support team

only if you fund it

as a big limelight representative we will give $1 towards mr nobles move to say thank you for your dedication

again,

limelight somewhat support team
Suppose you could always take the bus
use mathematics to calculate the delay and become the best American driver Big Grin
(Jan 13, 2019, 11:10 PM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]

many thanks,

limelight support team

only if you fund it

It used to fund itself, we'd have 30+ people on every night when the EU server was dead
Been dealing with this shit for years and I still drive better than you eurotards
Rule Britannia.
(Jan 14, 2019, 02:05 AM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Been dealing with this shit for years and I still drive better than you eurotards

[Image: JtoRjWz.png]