Limelight Forums

Full Version: Photon config doesn't apply when requested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ID: 5c281f24701edd06e13a9592

Server [Rockford/Build/Event]:
Rockford

Description:
On attempting to load a saved vehicle configuration (livery, lights, sirens, etc.), a script error is produced and vehicle configuration is not applied to vehicle.

I was using a Police Dodge Charger Inteceptor at the time.

Bug observed since:
Time of bug report.

Images/Screenshots:
https://prntscr.com/m16t1w
https://prntscr.com/m16t5k

Script error from the screenshot:

Code:
[ERROR] addons/photon/lua/autorun/photon/cl_emv_net.lua:156: attempt to call field 'gfind' (a nil value)
  1. ApplyAutoSkin - addons/photon/lua/autorun/photon/cl_emv_net.lua:156
   2. Photon_ApplyEquipmentConfiguration - addons/photon/lua/autorun/photon/cl_emv_meta.lua:907
    3. DoClick - addons/photon/lua/autorun/photon/cl_photon_context.lua:302
     4. OnMouseReleased - lua/vgui/dlabel.lua:232
      5. unknown - lua/vgui/dmenuoption.lua:77

Steps to Reproduce:
Attempt to apply a saved configuration to a vehicle.
Thank you for your bug-report, Kvatch!

It will be reviewed as soon as possible by our Developers.
Seems to be fine for me, have you tried reconnecting and then trying to apply a configuration?
I have the same issue.

I did also delete all my configurations because I thought it is an issue on my end. I made a new config after r/c and it still does not work.

Edit: I have the issue with every photon vehicle which is able to save configurations (police vehicles, EMS Tahoe, ...)
I had no idea you could even save configurations on the server so this is news to me lol

Don't think I know enough about it to help here though
Same problem. Made my own bug report before this one already too.
(Dec 30, 2018, 02:15 PM)Cole_ Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to be fine for me, have you tried reconnecting and then trying to apply a configuration?

This is the second day of experiencing this, so I don't think reconnecting helps, since I've reconnected inbetween joining several times and all times it hasn't worked. I appreciate the suggestion, though!
I am posting this on this thread, and my own. Just to clarify what fixed the problem for me.

It seems like GMOD 64 Bit is interferring with something, I removed 64 bit Beta and went back to the base GMOD. After this I no longer had any problems with the Configurations not working. I encourage other people to try and see if this fixes it for them.

Thread can be closed. Stephan solved the issue. 64-bit Gmod broke config for some reason.
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from New to Closed