Limelight Forums

Full Version: 64-bit Garry's Mod | It's Done?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Garry's Mod has always been 32-bit and has been one of the main points of its terrible performance. Well, that excuse can now be thrown out of the box of reasons ... kind of. Their is now a 64-bit version of Garry's Mod! I don't think it is quite complete, but it is something. Already months ago, a developer for facepunch has re-built the game on x86-64-bit architecture. Instructions on how to get the 64-bit version and a little bit of explanation about it can be found here

Now to my experience with it. The download was only about 122MB, so nothing serious. It is amazing ... so far! I gained an unexpected 20 fps right off the back on the CityRP server, and everything was just a lot more smooth. I wasn't able to play much, so I do not know the long term performance past an hour or two of playing. I suppose that the performance and stability will vary, but if it is stable for the majority, or all, of the players than the performance issues of the server may be no more. 

Have fun guys!
Is there a source page for this information so we can read into it more ourselves?
(Dec 24, 2018, 08:46 PM)Kvatch Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a source page for this information so we can read into it more ourselves?

The provided link in the OP is the only "official" information that I can come up with.
Wonder if this will integrate into main builds in the future.
I took 64 bit for a whirl and overall it's a huge performance, from things such as Higher FPS, and even just the F1 menu opening a lot quicker
Ill have to give this a go when im not dying from a christmas overdose
(Dec 25, 2018, 03:44 PM)miss joley Wrote: [ -> ]Ill have to give this a go when im not dying from a christmas overdose

Good game
Closed and Archived.

It's not necessarily a guide. It is a notice.